Royal Gossip
July 22, 2017, 01:52:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Royals Eat  (Read 6131 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: April 10, 2015, 06:58:26 pm »

Royal Kids, Regular Taste Buds: A Former Palace Chef Dishes on What Princes William and Harry Grew Up Eating

Despite best efforts on the part of their parents to give Prince George (and his soon-to-arrive younger sibling) an ordinary upbringing, royal children will never truly be like every other kid.

But when it comes to their taste buds, Darren McGrady, former chef to both Queen Elizabeth II and Princess Diana, says that young royals are just like any other children. McGrady spent 11 years in the kitchens at Buckingham Palace, and after Charles and Diana separated in 1992, he relocated to Kensington Palace to be the chef for the Princess of Wales and her two boys for four years. During these combined 15 years, he got to know the family (and their taste buds) on an intimate level.
http://greatideas.people.com/2015/04/09/prince-harry-william-royal-chef-food/

What does Harry eat?
http://royaltyofftherecord.tumblr.com/post/114758962544/what-does-harry-eat

is it true none of the royal can eat shell Fish

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:23:27 pm »

I dunno about that rumor. There's a video in Youtube of Charles downing oysters at a festival. They must eat fish, too, because William and Kate ate fish at that sham "no wine, just spicy food for my tummy ache" dinner back in September  eating cookies
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 10:46:42 pm »

From what I have read wasty seems to exist on wine, Haribo sweets, pizza and cigarettes.  No chef required for that.  easter-bunny
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 12:00:25 am »

from the few times we saw in her shopping cart that's all you saw frozen pizza and wine they live of processed food. Looking at the things harry eats he sure love his meats

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 03:24:31 pm »

^^ That's why the duo need two kitchens.  sigh

KGap
courtier

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:44:01 pm »

Only peasants have one kitchen.  snob
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 07:19:38 pm »

I'm more curious about what they have in her purses and handbags when they are in an official events  laugh

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 04:49:48 pm »

Chef on What the Royal Family Really Eats

Robb began her royal career in the Kensington Palace kitchen. There, from 1989 to 2000, she fed Prince Charles, Princess Diana, and Princes William and Harry.
http://www.racked.com/2015/5/12/8574815/royal-family-chef-cooking-princess-diana-prince-william-harry

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 05:04:10 pm »

Ok, a question to the Brits out there and one I've always been too polite to ask at the time.  What's with the tomatoes at breakfast?  Salsa is about as close as we get to that here in the States.  Just curious.  No offense intended.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 07:14:54 pm »

As a Brit I can't think of anything worse than tomatoes at breakfast. Toast. cereal of some sort or muesli/porridge  for me.  Maybe if people eat a fried breakfast they have tomatoes with it, but again too early in the day for me  -  mere though of it makes me feel ill.  Tomatoes definitely not on my breakfast list, and not offended, always nice to know about different customs and habits.  I love tomatoes, but for breakfast a  bignono
Snowpea
Countess

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 12:16:44 am »

Ok, a question to the Brits out there and one I've always been too polite to ask at the time.  What's with the tomatoes at breakfast?  Salsa is about as close as we get to that here in the States.  Just curious.  No offense intended.

I'm Canadian - sliced tomatoes are great with eggs. I love English breakfasts! And the beans, too!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:18:42 am by Snowpea » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 02:45:34 am »

^I mean no disrespect with this remark at all, but we refer to that as a "hangover breakfast" in the States.  It usually consists of beans, salsa (or broiled tomatoes with garlic and tomato juice), breakfast burrito and potatoes with onions.  I'm a steel cut oatmeal with fruit person m'self but it is fascinating to read about different cultures.  Whenever I'm faced, while abroad, with the tomato thing at b'fast, I simply pass on that.  I'll wolf down French scrambled eggs, though.  They've got that nailed to perfection.  That's something I dream about.

So, the royals, at least PC, Diana and somewhat PW eat off the land.  I think that's admirable and apparently PC-driven.  A most civilized way to go about it.  Would that be a leftover from the Victory Garden days I wonder?  You'd have to hold a gun to my head to eat freshly killed game, though.  I've spit out enough buckshot in my day, thank you very much, but I'm not a huge meat eater anyway.  Once a month, maybe.  So interesting.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:48:37 am by YooperModerator » Logged

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 05:02:47 pm »

I like Tomatoes in a omelette ,but not on a salad .one thing I would like to try is fried green Tomatoes

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 02:51:16 pm »

Former RAF Valley chef reveals Prince William's favourite duty meal during his time on Anglesey

food too much.

“Like most of the people on the base he used to enjoy my special which was a Welsh burger because one of my trademarks is to use local produce and have a flavour of the area.

“That was basically a burger made of lamb with eggs and bacon. William was so down to earth which I used to find unbelievable.

“I used to spot Kate a few times waiting in their car for him to finish his duties. They were just like any other young couple.”

However the chef wasn’t quite as keen on Prince Harry.
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/raf-valley-chef-prince-william--9376310

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 03:12:31 pm »

^The chef's working at a truck stop now?  So much for working for the Royals as being some kind of leg up to a better career upon leaving.  At least, here in the States, a truck stop (do they even exist anymore?) is pretty low rent.

And the thought of what lamb, eggs and bacon do to your arteries makes my head spin.

Not healthy.  Not on my plate ever anyway.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 04:30:56 pm »

The DM version of the story

William loves lasagne... but don't try and feed him curry: RAF chef reveals 'down to earth' Duke of Cambridge's favourite foods

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3109143/William-loves-lasagne-don-t-try-feed-curry-RAF-chef-reveals-earth-Duke-Cambridge-s-favourite-foods.html

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:32:48 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

rainbow
courtier

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 07:24:05 pm »

Ha ha William is going to turn into Garfield
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 03:46:13 am »

tehe
simplyme
Baroness

Never give up

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 09:17:14 am »

The DM version of the story

William loves lasagne... but don't try and feed him curry: RAF chef reveals 'down to earth' Duke of Cambridge's favourite foods

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3109143/William-loves-lasagne-don-t-try-feed-curry-RAF-chef-reveals-earth-Duke-Cambridge-s-favourite-foods.html

he loves the english lasagne or the proper and real italian lasagne??

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” A. Saunders
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 04:17:42 pm »

The burger king! RAF chef reveals Prince William's addiction to 450-calorie half-pounder made from Welsh lamb, cheese, bacon and a fried egg

A former RAF chef has revealed Prince William's favourite snack - a whopping burger fit for a king costing just £5.99.

The Royal Welsh Lamb Burger is a hefty half-pounder flavoured with a dash of mint sauce and paprika - and topped with Snowdonia cheese, bacon and a fried egg.

The 450-calorie treat - with salad and chips - became 33-year-old William's meal of choice when he was based at RAF Valley on Anglesey.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3169418/RAF-chef-reveals-Prince-William-s-addiction-burger-Welsh-lamb-cheese-bacon-fried-egg.html

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: