Royal Gossip
May 30, 2017, 06:18:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Mary  (Read 16265 times)
HC
Countess

« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2015, 05:54:04 pm »

You're welcome miss h.  Hi
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #241 on: November 02, 2015, 06:07:43 pm »

Anyone read about the facebook and the fake brother scandal? What was he saying?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #242 on: November 02, 2015, 08:46:21 pm »

Apparently a false Facebook profile on big brother John saying he and the family is in Rome.

The false Facebook father ask if they asked Mary to join them or just didn't ask her.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #243 on: November 02, 2015, 08:47:25 pm »

?? What a weird thing to invent. That's the only thing they said?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #244 on: November 03, 2015, 09:40:05 am »

I dont believe it was fake or a hacker.The danish court media person should be changed. Lots of fails lately.

http://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial.com/casas-reales/2015-11-02/la-princesa-mary-de-dinamarca-la-que-no-debe-ser-nombrada-segun-sus-familiares_1081284/

checking the facebook exchange it simply cannot be fake. Because it has a lot of people intervening.

Though why should they keep their profile semi public god knows.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #245 on: November 03, 2015, 10:09:07 am »

So? I can set up a fake Facebook account and have many people joining into the conversation. It still would be fake.

The siblings of Mary have been very discrete so there is no way that Mr. Donaldson would set up a public account.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #246 on: November 03, 2015, 10:24:09 am »

But if you read the conversation it makes sense. It has many personals details no one knows or would very difficult to know. And this hasnt come up until months afterwards in the DM.

I dont remember much about the family but the family isnt as discrete in Australia.

Its ironic because I do 'like' Mary but this fits into my idea of her and her relation with her family.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2015, 12:12:23 pm »

But if the relationship is bad why invite her sister Patricia to become godmother of Josephine?
If she wouldn't, there would be a good explanation, just pointing at the long distance between Denmark and Australia and how that migt be difficult to combine with the role of godparent (whoc is to guide a child into religious life). But instead Mary asked her sister to stand sponsor.

I haven't read the entire FB-page but what I read is hardly shocking new information, or it is information that might be invented as well. And there is of course also a possibility that the FB is made by a friend of the family; a former neighbour, a former colleague, perhaps a former boyfriend of Mary.
It is nowadays so easy to pretend to be a person online. And unfortunately, many people do. And royals and famous people are easy targets.

As for the family not being discrete, I don't read the Australian newspapers, nor the gossip press, but I do know that the Australian press is infected with the Rupert Murdoch Syndrom...if you don't have any news...make it up. And as an Aussie, I am sure Mary has been the victim of this.
HC
Countess

« Reply #248 on: November 03, 2015, 05:57:51 pm »

http://www.bt.dk/royale/efter-rygter-om-familiefejde-nu-taler-marys-bror-ud-om-den-falske-profil

Mary's brother has come forward and states that the Facebook profile is false.

The court says they don't intend to go further as it is mMary's brother who has been wronged with the fake profile.
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2015, 10:55:08 am »

Anyone else in Australia watching Mary, The Making of a Princess?  huh
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »

Yes, I am. Finished a half an hour ago. Typical bilge, awful script, dreadful production values, strange accents!
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2015, 12:18:52 pm »

Definitely a fairytale! So cheesy...
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2015, 02:37:14 am »

Angry I'm in the US and can't watch it. Dang!

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2015, 07:38:57 am »

Angry I'm in the US and can't watch it. Dang!

^ Well I don't think anybody's missing anything by not seeing it!. Watching that meant two hours of my life I'm not going to get back!
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2015, 09:28:45 am »

Some truly cringeworthy moments, plus I'm certain it was fiction largely woven around the facts! You may get to see the trailer which give a good indication of what Rosella is talking about!

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/mary-the-making-of-a-princess--love-story-just-doesnt-ring-true-20151116-gkyjys.html Shocked

Mary: The Making of a Princess, Sunday night's Channel Ten telemovie, was a biopic patchwork of necessary exchanges, cute moments, and romantic staples. It was deceptively light and smart enough to occasionally acknowledge that the entire proposition was a big bundle of love against the odds melodrama.

Being fitted for her designer wedding dress, Mary Donaldson (Emma Hamilton), hardy middle-class daughter of Tasmania about to marry Denmark's Crown Prince, Fredrik (Ryan O'Kane), wonders if her story is propagating the "Princess Myth", the fantasy packaged to young girls of being magically elevated into royalty. Nonsense, insists the Danish royal court's resident philosopher – OK, it was Mary's stylist – who explains that any time two people find their true love it's a fairytale.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2015, 10:05:24 am »

Perhaps 'middle class' means something different in Australia or the US, but I would say that the daughter of a college professor is middle class and not 'hardly middle class' (which I translate as 'only just but actually a bit below that').

But I guess it also depends on what her grandparents did. Do we know? I don't recall ever having read anything about them.
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2015, 10:45:21 am »

ITA a university Professor in Aus is definitely middle class if not upper middle depending on the institution and family background.....although I read it as being hardy rather than hardly. If hardy, then I think Mary is definitely capable Of enduring difficult situations! flower

I haven't seen anything on her grandparents either.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2015, 12:05:15 pm »

^ John Donaldson, Mary's father studied at Edinburgh university. His second wife Susan taught for a while at Copenhagen University as did John.

His father, Peter Donaldson was an officer in the merchant Navy. He was a Captain. Shortly after the whole family emigrated to Australia Peter Donaldson's ship, the 'Shearwater' went aground on a reef off Tasmania. He continued as a Captain for the cargo company however!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2015, 07:27:06 pm »

Best of the year clothes http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com.es/2015/12/year-in-review-crown-princess-marys.html

I don't agree with the list, my fave was the blue dress for CP wedding

FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2016, 02:25:38 am »

People Magazine said Mary was copying Kate by releasing pictures of her twins. The handful of comments they've allowed through = not happy about the comparison

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20978544,00.html
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: