Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 01:19:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Mary  (Read 30227 times)
pechoolo11
royal watcher

« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2012, 06:21:12 pm »

^

Oooh, can you write about the recent article about Marie's tweaked CV on that thread?
HC
Countess

« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2012, 06:31:18 pm »

Sure.

But it was only the paperissue of a tabloid. So I'll wait till I get home on Sunday, then I can quote precisely.  tehe

giamodel60
Countess

« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2012, 01:11:01 am »

Omgnsooooo funny!!!!

If you don't Beleive what I write don't read it. . Please ignore and move on , I'd rather not explain myself to you 100 times !
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #203 on: May 20, 2012, 10:44:05 pm »

I've never read that CP Marys cv was tweaked.

But there has been several articles about Princess Maries tweaked cv, appearing short after the engagement and again last week.

But that´s a thread about Mary  eating cookies

It was often reported that Mary is a lawyer or real estate agent, which she clearly wasn´t. What also was weird is that she taught English in Paris, but there is no real evidence for that. She was employed by Microsoft Business Solutions, her colleagues said that she didn´t had a clue about marketing, was not often there, but you can be sure she was given the job because of the PR as Freds gf (and through his friends). She was just an average woman whos bio was pimped too look good, went from job to job and supported by Fred.
HC
Countess

« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2012, 11:34:04 pm »

Dahlia
If You have any articles or anything that we could discuss that would be interesting.

Danish tabloids certainly has not ever written anything about a tweaked CV while they have not been shy about critizising Marie.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2012, 04:40:10 pm »

I remember that we had a discussion about Fred's relationship with his parents but I don't know in which thread it was so as this is quite random I will put it here:

My mother had nannies and governesses to take care of my upbringing. I did not have a lot to do with my parents until I turned 21. When I was young, I was - washed and with brushed teeth - presented to them, and then put to bed. I will under no circumstances bring up my own two children like that.

http://luxuriousmindedcreatures.tumblr.com/post/24886456375/my-mother-had-nannies-and-governesses-to-take-care

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Polonia
gossip insider

« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »

Mary is fantastic!!!!

Out of all the Commoners who have married heirs to thrones, she is the only one who has job vocation, who realizes the importance of the Monarchy, who knows what her duties are, and who works really hard.

All this in direct contrast to the insipid beige Waity - contrast what previous posts here have highlighted - the decoration of their  Palace as a showcase for Danish arts and skills, and the fact that thanks to Mary, Danish exports to Australia have soared.

Added to which Mary had to move to a different country in a different continent, and to learn a new language - none of which Waity had to do.

And unlike William and Waity, the Danish couple have maintained friendly relationships with other European Royals.
berlin
Countess

« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2013, 11:22:07 pm »

Actually I think Maxima puts Mary and all the other commoner married-ins in the shade.  However, Mary has improved drastically and seems to have found her footing.  
Polonia
gossip insider

« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2013, 12:45:08 am »

Maxima is actually a Spanish noblewoman as is Maria Theresa but most commentators don't recognize this because they don't embrace the concept of nobility in the former Spanish colonies. So I did not classify her as a commoner like Waity.

Maxima is also the descendant of the Inca Emperors - hence her magnificence!!!

I too think Maxima is great and is a fantastic Queen!!!
berlin
Countess

« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2013, 02:00:58 am »

I did not know that about Maxima's background.  Yes, I've read about MT's very illustrious background.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:39 am »

Maxima is actually a Spanish noblewoman as is Maria Theresa but most commentators don't recognize this because they don't embrace the concept of nobility in the former Spanish colonies. So I did not classify her as a commoner like Waity.

Maxima is also the descendant of the Inca Emperors - hence her magnificence!!!

I too think Maxima is great and is a fantastic Queen!!!

On her mothers side, there were some Italian nobles, and on her fathers side some Spanish nobles (4x greatgrandmother iirc), so some noble ancestry but of noble birth. The give-away was that Maxima's family didn't have a family-crest when she married Willem-Alexander. A south-American family with a direct noble line of descendancy would have a family-crest.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2014, 12:31:00 am »

Happy Birthday Princess Mary: ten facts about the Danish royal

1. Mary was born on 5 February 1972, in Hobart, Tasmania, as the youngest child of Scottish-born maths professor John Donaldson and university secretary Henrietta Clark Donaldson.

2. The wife of Prince Frederik revealed she could never have imagined the life she would lead. “I don’t recall wishing that one day I would be a princess,” she said shortly after the engagement. “I wanted to be a veterinarian.”

3. Mary studied at the University of Tasmania, from which she graduated in 1994 with a Bachelors degree in Commerce and Law.

4. Mary once revealed that one of her childhood memories was watching the wedding of Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales in 1981. “My biggest memory is of Diana walking up the red carpet with a very, very long train," she said.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014020516863/princess-mary-denmark-birthday-facts/
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2014, 12:11:46 pm »

It is quite hilarious how Hello wants us to believe that Kate and Mary are good friends. Ever since the trip to Denmark there haven't been any sightings of the two together, and believe me if the two had met, the British press would have been all over it. Also thanks to Carole leaking it to the press as some proof that her daughters is 'accepted' in royal circles.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2014, 07:54:59 am »

^^Roselia, this story has been debunked several times already. He was out at a nightclub with Mary's brother and one of her sisters and her husband. As well as with some friends of the couple. Do you really think he would be cheating on his wife in the presence of several in-laws?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2014, 09:26:02 am »

^^Roselia, this story has been debunked several times already. He was out at a nightclub with Mary's brother and one of her sisters and her husband. As well as with some friends of the couple. Do you really think he would be cheating on his wife in the presence of several in-laws?

There's been plenty about it all over royal forums and the internet for years. Yes, I know the Palace came out and did some damage control about their prince and the blonde...old friend blabla, had to press close to each other in the nightclub because the music was so loud, bla, couldn't hear each other speak, blaabla...just dancing, blaa more blaa. The fact is, that Frederik was drunk, in a nightclub at 3am in the morning, with his arms wrapped around a blonde, very closely round a blonde. The day before his twins were christened.

If it had been William caught in such a situation no one on this forum or others, would have believed the Palace's rushed explanation for a minute. And they would be right!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2014, 11:15:11 am »

1. That it is on forums doesn't make it believable nor that it has been writtenin the yellow press. And with Kate and William I also refrain from talking about bogus articles of celebrity laundry etc. When it comes to Kate and William, I stick to the facts and my own opinions and what I see (the body language, Kate not looking ill/ sick at all, the Middleton's courting the press).
2. There were pictures of Frederik, wearing the same clothes he wore in the nightclub, of the same evening and he was shown hitting the town with several of his in-laws (in fact, earlier in the evening his father-in-law was in tow as well, not sure if he was at the nightclub). And had Frederik cheated on Mary, his in-laws would have said something about it. Unlike the Middleton's they have never been courting the press nor have they send Mary on a wild goose-chase to *private body part* a prince. They have more decency in their pinky finger than the Middleton-family has a whole. They would not stand it if Frederik showed the same disrespect to Mary as William is continuously showing Kate.

And you may think that the Danish press can be silenced the same way the British press can be silenced, you are mistaken. The Danish press is functioning in a very liberal society, much more so than the English. In the IPI World Press Freedom Review, the Danish society scores much higher than the British society when it comes to press freedom.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2014, 11:41:39 am »

I'm not British, I'm Australian. Therefore, I don't care really, what the British Press can and can't do. There was a video, now removed, which was on the internet, showing him with the blonde in the nightclub. I don't rely on Celebrity Laundry etc but on Danish friends, one here in Melbourne who gets lots of news from home, and two who have returned home to Copenhagen. It's well known I've been told, that Frederik gets off the leash every now and again, both when he's overseas, as in Sydney a couple of years ago, and more discreetly, (usually,) in Denmark. The royal family is popular in Denmark and so the Press don't publish all they could, but Danish journalists are not blind or deaf. Neither are my friends.
HC
Countess

« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2014, 02:58:09 pm »

The video of the blonde was in the Danish tabloids and it showed Frederik trying to get away from a young woman who was high spirited.

If a similar video was shown of William I expect there would be some reaction.
The reaction in Denmark was nonexisting. Perhaps because Frederik has not a history of cheating.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2014, 04:11:20 pm »

What I would find strange is that Frederick doesn't cheat. He never seems to be a stable person. And I don't remember his story with Mary wrong he was already dating someone else when he started with her.

I cannot say if he was cheating or not in the infamous video but I remember quite well Mary's face next day as I watched the christening on live. She looked sad and like she was done for. Maybe it was because of the press stories but she could have tried to smile to make it as if nothing had happened but she looked awful. I've never seen Mary like that.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #219 on: November 16, 2014, 05:21:57 pm »

He did date another woman when he met Mary, but when he met Mary in the autumn he had been in a relationship where he lived in paris working at the embassy and she lived in london and then he went to the arctic in 5 months. I would guess the relationsship was not that intense.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: