Royal Gossip
May 30, 2017, 06:22:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Mary  (Read 16267 times)
christina01
courtier

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 11:25:11 pm »

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum, but would love to put my two cents in. I think Mary is a golddigger to a certain extent. I don't believe she knew the bar in sydney had royalty in it at the time she went there, but  she quickly grasped onto Fred as soon as she realised who he was. Fred had a girlfriend I believe, however that relationship couldn't have been too strong at the time I guess. Mary IMO has changed a lot, which in some ways is inevitable due to her position, but unfortunately she comes across as snobby and pretentious. I used to like her, but can no longer abide her, however that doesn't give me the right so to speak to fabricate stories about her, as does happen in another forum. I also don't believe her family are coarse as such, however I do think her father and step mother are playing too big a part in the Danish Royal family. They were even there at one point to greet Prince Charles and his wife, something which noone really understood. I do find it hilarious to hear Mary's sisters speak, as opposed to Mary herself. The sisters speech is certainly not of a highly educated standard, but Mary's appears to be, which IMO is very much put on. I personally don't like the woman, however I will concede that she dresses well.  flower
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 12:08:28 am »

I think she suits well the danish family, she does look stylish most of the time, works as hard as they tell her to and she doesn't make waves.

It's true that she cames across as being kind of snobbish which is very strange because I think the attraction was that she was a fun and sporty girl, not an ice queen.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 12:24:04 am »

^hmm that last line reminds me of someone....fun & sporty? Cool
I don't really follow the danish so I can't say for sure but I think that becoming a mother change her a bit.
From partygal to serious crown princess but the process took a few years.

About the gold digging: honestly I think I would do the same if I met a guy like that.
If I ran into Harry in a bar and he were single I would sees the opportunity in a snap.
I'm many things but no hypocrite, if he were interested in me why not? (not that it would ever happen easter-lol)
Like many kid's from my generation I'm an opportunist and I don't mind admitting that.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
christina01
courtier

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 12:54:36 am »

^^

I agree to not being hypocritical either, and I think most of us would be opportunist if we could, but to be a normal everyday friendly woman, to becoming a pretentious snob is unacceptable. Surely someone in her family can keep her grounded to some extent. I know were I in that position, my family would! I just cannot abide the woman.

Please don't quote the message above yours - Alex
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:27:10 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
partygirl
gossip insider

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 01:03:10 am »

I think she suits well the danish family, she does look stylish most of the time, works as hard as they tell her to and she doesn't make waves.

It's true that she cames across as being kind of snobbish which is very strange because I think the attraction was that she was a fun and sporty girl, not an ice queen.

She has made more waves than any other crown princess, the difference is that the Danish press is very pro-monarchy, rarely criticizes the royals.  Right after the wedding, she said openly in the interview that the monarchy in Denmark needs to be modernized, she wouldn't allow her kids to be raised by nannies (kicking her MIL), blah blah blah.
I agree she dressed better than other commoner royals except for Charlene. I love Charlene's clothes.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:04:53 am by partygirl » Logged
christina01
courtier

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 01:25:55 am »

To not have nannies for her children is a joke. She and Fred have four nannies I believe  shifty
June
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 05:53:50 am »

@ Alexandrine: I agree with everything you said. You really nailed it.  thumbsup

@ chris:  hug I believe it was established that Mary knew European royals would be at the now-famous Slip Inn. Her ex-friend [now] came out and spilled the beans; the one who was instrumental in Mary meeting Fred. They never spoke again.  shifty

I agree that some of the vitriol levelled at Mary elsewhere is out of line. Some of the allegations about drug use and associates are defamatory, IMO. It's one thing to be critical, but quite another to make gratuitous imputations and crossing that line, IMO.

I can find good things to say about Mary, though I don't particularly like her as I think she lacks substance. And, like chris stated, I believe Mary is 'snobby and pretentious' amongst other synonyms. Mary had a real sense of entitlement and pushy manner that gives me shudders. Often, the things which are our so-called strengths are also our weaknesses or unpleasant traits. I believe this applies to Mary.

@ HC: you really can't believe everything you read in fairytale books and blogs. That's not reality. It's a rose-coloured view.

I'm from Sydney and I know quite a bit about Mary's life prior to Fred. I don't have time to go into it now.

@ akasha: I would never have led the life Mary led prior to Fred. But that is just me. She was an opportunist of epic proportions. She didn't meet Fred by accident, he didn't pick her out of the crowd, she was very plain.  Had that been the case, then yes, I might have done similar things to Mary. But I would have drawn a line, Mary didn't.

I think Mary, just like Kate, would have sold her soul to get that coveted ring. I just don't like such people. A person's dignity is everything IMO. Mary would have gone for any rich man, IMO. Just look at her past friends and associates. Do you see anyone "ordinary" in that lot? Plumbers, truck drivers, clerks, or even accountants? No.

That speaks volumes because Mary herself was a very ordinary girl from a very laid back state. She wasn't from Sydney or Melbourne whereby she might have easily had grandiose ideas planted in her brain. She must have really been innately supercilious. That is entirely unpleasant and unpalatable to me. But I'm very grounded, leaning left.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:57:29 am by June » Logged
christina01
courtier

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 08:54:23 am »

^^

hug June. As usual your post is spot on. I had no idea Mary had a ' friend' who came out and spoke about certain things. I should love to hear more about that if you have the time, or even if you could point me in the direction as to where to look. You know how i love to read gossip  Cool

Please don't quote the message above yours - Alex
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:28:21 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
christina01
courtier

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 09:48:13 am »

It is good Mary is lending her name to this charity, if only she would purchase a few less expensive things of her own, such as Prada handbags, and donate that money as well!!!  thumbsup
minime
courtier

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »

that's interesting news with her friend  easter-sly
June I would love to hear your stories, too if you have the time
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 11:32:21 pm »

FYI so that we are in the same book.
8m Danish Krone is about 1.4m$, 1.07m € and 0.8m £.
Still a good amount of money for the foundation though thumbsup

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
christina01
courtier

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 06:08:23 am »

Everybit helps for sure  thumbsup
Sarahjane
royal watcher

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 04:37:43 am »

I remember reading any article on her romance with Frederick (when it all became public) ...watched all the docos they had on about her, sat up late to watch thier wedding... all that princessy stuff was very appealing to a 14 yr old. Tongue

I remember even being completely stunned at how they met....considering a pub isn't always the place were you meet your future husband..what with drunks falling over the place and all. Especially an aussie pub haha. It still in a way does facinate me because of the massive change she had to make just to be with him. I do applaud her for her bravey.

IMO, i do think you need to have an element of oppotunist in you to want to make such a drastic change, become a royal etc...but i didnt know that mary had planned such a thing that night at the Slip inn (if she did)

and i particulary didn't know that frederick already had a girlfriend. This actually doesn't make me think anything bad of frederick. It happens in life. Hell... we were all hoping it would happen to prince william LOL but no other girl tried to bash williams door down.

I'd love to know exactly what that old friend of hers said. LOL Tongue
June
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 08:14:21 am »

Hi everyone,

I'll be back to answer all your questions within the next day or so.  flower

I don't have any "inside information" or anything, but I do have some insight. Wow, it seems Mary really did cover up her past and how she met Fred.  shifty
christina01
courtier

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 10:35:07 am »

You are being cruel June making us wait  bignono but I'm sure you'll deliver the goods in time  Cool
Sarahjane
royal watcher

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 10:58:22 am »

I know! easter-egg-basket The suspense is gripping!
christina01
courtier

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 11:01:27 am »

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
minime
courtier

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2012, 07:50:55 pm »

Hi everyone,

I'll be back to answer all your questions within the next day or so.  flower

I don't have any "inside information" or anything, but I do have some insight. Wow, it seems Mary really did cover up her past and how she met Fred.  shifty

I can't wait  flower
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2012, 10:14:35 pm »

hey guys,

I'm new to the danish royal family and find CP Mary interesting. but on another forum they were very much against her even hated her. Like she was like KM lazy self-absorb is not in love with CPF only with the prince dresses in an ugly way, goldigger, her family behaves apparently worse than kate's and she set out to snare a Prince at that time in sydney (a pact with her friend or sth like that). But all I can see she is a very confident person and someone who works hard, sometimes she looks snobbish and cold but that is not that bad since she does her work and maybe it's her aura and that much her personality. I haven't heard a single thing abut her family or her behavior only that she spends too much.
Can you guys enlighten me? I have no idea about her. But I like what I see and that was with kate the same back in her SA days

If you're speaking of Royal Dish, they can be very harsh but also have a lot of evidence. Mary doesn't do that many engagements (Frederik does even less I think, but I can't find the numbers). Fred has cheated on Mary and Mary's turned a blind eye (sound familiar)? Mary also spends like there's no tomorrow. RD has a tally of a couple hundred purses, a couple hundred pairs of shoes, numerous clothing articles that are worn once and never seen again, etc., and most of these pieces are very expensive and very similar to others (such as multiple pairs of slightly different nude heels). The description of her career is also very edited. She also loves the camera. It's clearer in videos, but she often ignores the crowds in order to purposely look at the cameras.

I believe that the Danish media is also very bias, similar to when PW's office called up the Daily Mail after Platell criticized Kate. The tabloids in Denmark simply don't print bad stories. If somebody dares to, such as Trine Villeman (she wrote a book that was rather negative about the Danish Royal family though not about Mary), they are vilified.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:17:37 pm by Lieblich » Logged
christina01
courtier

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2012, 05:04:12 am »

Hi Hey Lieblich. You are correct regarding Royal Dish. They on the most part do dislike Mary, (I am another who dislikes her, but more so recently, due to her behaviour). The posters on RD do have evidence backing things up, and especially regarding her spending, which is disgusting. She does appear vain and certainly does appear to constantly look at the cameras. I know that it will be argued that most people in her position would become that way, but I really don't see the other crown princesses of Europe act in the same manner. Unfortunately Mary is also becoming less popular in Australia, from whence she came. People here don't take kindly to arrogance and pompous behaviour.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: