Royal Gossip
July 28, 2017, 01:45:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Mary  (Read 17669 times)
HC
Countess

« on: January 27, 2012, 07:28:20 pm »

CP Mary wearing danish design Picture gallery
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2012/1/Billeder%20Se%20kronprinsesse%20Mary%20i%20dansk%20design.aspx

And I might add that the danish design industri especially danish fashion industry is growing even though there is a world wide economic crisis.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:34:02 am by YooperModerator » Logged
HC
Countess

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »

Mary turn 40: A Naturel talent in royal etikette says newspaper Politiken.
She functions perfect in the role. Maybe almost too perfect.

http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE1529650/mary-fylder-40-et-naturtalent-i-kongelig-etikette/

When Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik last year in January, became parents of twins, they followed the tradition of the royal house and showed the newborns in the Rigshospitalet foyer.

Bathed in television lights Mary replied patiently for the press questions about Frederick's support during labor, differences in twins' temperament and the little princes jaundice.

A task that most women who have just gotten out of her confinement, probably prefer to see themselves free of.

But Mary knows what is expected of her as a princess and even future queen. Or, as Secretary General of the Danish Refugee Council Andreas Kamm puts it, she more than lives up to its commitments.

Provides more than expected
That he experienced when she as a patron of the organization visits refugee camps out in the world, or at home when she sits in a circle with a group of refugees and tells the refugees that she also thinks that Danish is a difficult language.

"She always gives more than we have previously agreed with the court. Provides up to several interviews, making them longer and are in general available beyond what you can expect. It is very admirable, "said Andreas Kamm.

Also historian Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen, Copenhagen University, praises Mary for having met expectations:

"She meets all the requirements that the Danes can make. She is classy, ​​and so she understands to talk to all people. "

"The kind of intelligence can be learned only in limited circumstances. It is something you are born with and it is a big plus for the royal house that Mary possesses the ability, "he said.

A scoop for the Royal Family
No one could be in doubt that Crown Prince Frederik had followed his heart when he, 14 May 2004 was waiting for his future wife before the altar in Copenhagen's cathedral.

What few could have know, was that the woman from the other side of the globe, would be as much as a scoop not only for him but for the entire royal family.

With four children in a row she has fully secured the succession, and besides, she has according to the royal experts, together with Queen Margrethe, her large share of the monarchy's popularity.

When it comes to the crown prince, his smile widened, his back straightened, and perhaps it is by leaning on her naturalness that dealings with the press gradually drops him less awkward.

Or, as the queen put it, when she in her speech at the wedding was talking about when he found his true self:

"It happened when you met Mary. Then there was spring in your mind, and it flourished around you. "

Perhaps the Crown Princess, which Sebastian Olden-Jørgensen's words, "never caught on the wrong foot," seems almost too perfect.

Solidarity
Gender Researcher at Roskilde University Karen Sjørup would like that Mary showed more solidarity with her gender sisters.

"When Mary appears with a model figure after giving birth to twins while fulfilling all her tasks she can give other women inferiority complexes."

"She is an unattainable icon," said Karen Sjørup which calls for more honesty.

"The conflict between work and family is a big dilemma in other women's lives, and therefore it would be good if Mary also allowed herself to express the vulnerability," she says.
HC
Countess

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 07:15:36 pm »

Danish newspaper Berlingske about CP Mary.
www.b.dk/nationalt/professionel-prinsesse-med-modertaekke

Not only that she is the mother of four young children. She is also Denmark's crown princess and future queen. A profession that might scare most people. But not the birthday child Mary, who on Sunday turns 40 years and have taken the difficult task on a highly professional manner. This is the judgment, at least from Sørensen, royal family expert and lecturer in history at the University of Copenhagen.

- The biggest surprise about Mary was that she initially acted as professionally as crown princess, with no royal experience. Like Margaret, she has taken her royal role very seriously, he says.

The Danes first heard about the upcoming Crown Princess, as it appeared in magazines for some 11 years ago that Crown Prince Frederik had met an Australian woman, when he was in Sydney for the Olympics in 2000. The woman turned out to be called Mary Donaldson, being the youngest of four siblings, come from Tasmania and have trained in law and commerce.

In 2002 she moved to Denmark and in October 2003 it was official: The couple became engaged, and Mary Donaldson would 14th May 2004 be Denmark's Crown Princess.

And the very fact that Mary has an ordinary, bourgeois background, one would have thought she could have had a hard time role as Crown Princess. It says Klaus Kjøller, associate professor of communications at the University of Copenhagen.

- She has built a strong brand, just by not making any mistakes. There has not even popped a few things up from her past that could have ruined the image of her. And it may well otherwise be a big problem when a bourgeois becomes elevated to royal, as they may have a past that pops up, as for example, we have seen with the Norwegian Crown Princess, he says.

The Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit was a single mother and had reportedly circulating in drug circles in 2000 when she was introduced as a future Norwegian crown princess. It was then difficult for many Norwegians to cope with.

Another significant thing about Crown Princess Mary is her great commitment to the work as a royal. Both Sørensen and Klaus Kjøller praises her appearance at public events.

- She is always well prepared for meetings and the events she participates in. Her work also spans a broad way, she is interested in health, diseases, conditions of children and fashion, all of which are specific issues, she has cultivated, says Sørensen.

And Klaus Kjøller agrees.

- She has a special kind of presence at events, and she seems to be at her best when she receives bouquets and listens to people. She is also good at improvising, and may be walking out of the tight koregraferede route to greet a specially dedicated child in the crowd, he says.

A deviation from the choreographed route was seen when the royal couple were on an official visit to Australia. The Crown Princess saw an Australian journalist who reported from a visit to Sydney. The journalist said so on live TV that "this is the closest we come to the royal couple." It heard Mary, who stopped, went to the journalist, patted her on the shoulder and said with a big smile: "No, it's not the closest You come. '

Royal House says that the royal birthday will not be marked in public. Crown Princess' round day will also be quickly replaced by a new birthday in the royal family. Monday her sister in law, Princess Marie, turns 36 years.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 08:02:57 pm »

And after the bday: http://www.newsinenglish.no/2012/02/05/royals-forced-to-flee-sas-flight/

Mette seems to have such a bad luck!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 08:23:26 pm »

Not good for her fear of flying.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 09:20:11 pm »

guests

http://starlounge.dk.msn.com/photoviewer.aspx?cp-documentid=160487811#image=1

The belgium and the norwegian crown princes were there, I suppose that the dutch couple also attended.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 07:17:24 pm »

Søren Pind, The former minister of development and integration congratulates CP Mary.
http://sorenpind.blogs.berlingske.dk/2012/02/07/kronprinsessen/#comment-34701

In an unlovable time it is good to remember that grace exists.
In a time when it among intellectually gifted people have become fashionable again questioning everything, faith, hope, love and royal family, it's good to know that some people fill out their role. The existence of a concept such as Denmark. And there are people who personify and represent our country.
In those days lingers mind naturally by our princess, our next Queen much likely, that turns 40.
The mother, one understand from all the articles. the Crown Prince's life companion. A Symbol.
It is an outstanding good choice, the crown prince has made. When a part of the elite are busy giggling over his speeches, and make fun of his performance - as if a future king has a job, no, he has a calling. You could notice the wise choice, our crown prince has taken over time. Not least by chosing the crownprincess.
I have experienced the Crown Princess in a variety of contexts, that not all has access to. Her empathy for the Danish efforts for the world's weakest in the guise of development assistance. Her close contact with the women who have been victims of this terrible disease, fistula, I experienced first hand when she - in her capacity as patron of a UN program - and I met women who suffered and healed, who told their harrowing stories about everything from violent physical attack, to the birth of a child, the exclusion from family and village because of the stench which women could not hold onto the stool, the loneliness of travel as modern leper and hope ... The hope is kindled by the story of the Western-paying hospitals, that can make the complicated surgery. The long journey of the Apostles horses. Redemption. And the return back to life among family and friends ... As I sat back on the edge of your seat, she took them. Talked with them. Comforted them. Gave them coffee. Touched them. Magic ...

When the election was called, I sat on my way to the Horn of Africa and was trying to focus on hunger catastrophe there. I had invited the Crown Princess, and the day after arrival, the plan was that I should participate live from Adis Abbaba in the large collection show to promote progress.

We stop in Amsterdam, and got the message that the elections were proclaimed. There were doubts about the journey could continue, a call to the State Department showed that we could, but with a minister who now could not "fill up as much" as it was expressed. Imperceptibly the Crown Princess took a step forward, and the minister a step back. The night after she completed to everyones overwhelming satisfaction, including the Danish journalists, a flawless live interview to the entire Danish population, instead of me, which resulted in a tremendous support and many additional millions. It was the first live interview in the royal house's 1000-year history ...

During the traveling around meeting with people in appalling circumstances, dying and diseased children, suffering parents, came on again. Magic. And you might just as politicians seeing it from outside, welcome that the royal family made the decision to let CP Mary take the extra step forward, pleased to know that one self never could have delivered it, rejoice that Denmark could be proud of To send the best we had.

In times where there is the strangest attack on the monarchy there is only to say that no other system can replace the presence, cohesion and grace, which is reflected here.

Your Royal Highness: You practice an effort - work - that makes a political man proud of his country. You do, along with your husband and your family something that nothing else could replace. You make a difference. For Denmark. And for the poorest and most oppressed on earth. Therefore, we owe you thanks. Happy Birthday.
HC
Countess

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 06:47:30 pm »

http://www.b.dk/english/mary-honoured-by-world-economic-forum

Two Danish immigrants have been named on the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) annual Young Global Leaders Honourees list – the 36 year-old Soulaiam Gourani, originally from Morocco, and Crown Princess Mary – originally from Australia.

The WEF describes itself as an ‘independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas’.

Princess Mary and Ms Gourani, alongside 190 of their compatriots from 52 countries, will now be invited to discuss and debate the global economy with prominent names such as Kofi Annan, Christine Lagarde, and various finance and economy heavyweights at the WEF’s annual congress in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, between the 14th and 18th of April.

Ms Gourani, a lecturer, business woman, and career consultant, gained an MBA from Copenhagen Business School where she now teaches Supply Chain Management, and studied at Stanford, Berkeley and Beijing universities. She’s previously been employed by Hewlett Packard and A.P. Moller-Maersk

HC
Countess

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 03:52:34 pm »

Crown Princess marked today together with the Heart Foundation that last year was awarded eight million kroner for cardiac research from Princess Mary's Heart Foundation.

A little video. A doctor tells us that symptoms for women are more difficult to detect. Often only a little discomfort in the heart area. CP Mary appears in the end of the video but only sort of passing by. A patient says that it gave her a good gut feeling to have said hi to CP Mary.
http://www.tv2east.dk/artikler/kronprinsesse-mary-besoegte-holbaek
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 04:26:04 pm »

That's really terrific and a truly worthy case; she's got her priorities straight in this area from where I sit.  WHO's statistics indicate that heart disease is now the leading cause of death in women.   thumbsup CP!

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
minime
courtier

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 02:43:11 am »

hey guys,

I'm new to the danish royal family and find CP Mary interesting. but on another forum they were very much against her even hated her. Like she was like KM lazy self-absorb is not in love with CPF only with the prince dresses in an ugly way, goldigger, her family behaves apparently worse than kate's and she set out to snare a Prince at that time in sydney (a pact with her friend or sth like that). But all I can see she is a very confident person and someone who works hard, sometimes she looks snobbish and cold but that is not that bad since she does her work and maybe it's her aura and that much her personality. I haven't heard a single thing abut her family or her behavior only that she spends too much.
Can you guys enlighten me? I have no idea about her. But I like what I see and that was with kate the same back in her SA days
HC
Countess

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 02:37:45 pm »

CP Mary is the most popular royal in Denmark. And thought of as the most hardworking royal. I think the critisizm must be from foreign tabloids. In Denmark academics are very respected. As such CP Marys father is thought of in high regards as he is a professor in maths. CP Mary has no other income than the apanage. And the size of it is decided by the government.

In Denmark the recent discussion has been that CP Mary is too perfect.

Gender Researcher at Roskilde University Karen Sjørup claimed in an article that the Crown Princess should show more solidarity with her peers sisters who juggle careers, children, relationships and household duties.

And with the following quotes Karen Sjørup started an earnest debate:

"When Mary comes with the model figure after giving birth to twins while fulfilling all her tasks she can give other women inferiority complexes," says Karen Sjørup which calls for more honesty.

"The conflict between work and family is a big dilemma in other women's lives, and therefore it would be good if Mary also allowed herself to express the vulnerability," she says.

Outraged Facebook users
And that was something that brought arouses strong feelings among our Facebook users. The article has generated 130 comments, and most of them written by women who defend the Crown Princess.

"If people have inferiority complexes about her, it's people's own problem, that she can not take care of, she should just be happy, because she is doing well and we can only be proud of her. Moreover envy is a nasty things, "says Diana Glad Jorgensen.

And Lotte Blom supports:

"Let Mary be in peace and do not be jealous of her. She does it beautifully. 4 children and of course a lot of help, so she can work very well again. We could not wish for anyone better, and I do not think anyone have inferiority complexes about her. "

Anne Lindholm says:

"Mary is an incredibly beautiful woman and a REAL princess and that she has the energy to be it could be because she has some help with the daily chores. I like that she has that help due to the job she has: that being a perfect wife, mother and Crown Princess. "

Still others claim that it is the media that makes her perfect and that she really just ordinary.

"She is not perfect. She has lost one of her shoes on a state visit, the hat has flown from her, and she had forgotten an address once. However, it is annoying that the media put her up as an idol and a role model for the is unattainable to be like her when you are a mere mortal with 8-16 jobs and no nannies, "writes, for example. Lisa Christiansen.

And then there are those who were really mad:

"Now the fuckin stop! Too perfect!, Hooray for Jantelov [danish expression about critisizing people that has too much succes], what about the handball boys [recently won silver in EM], they are not too skinny too clever, let us immediately critisize everyone and everything rather than to rejoice that we have a crown princess, who have mastered the *poo*, not *poo* on the handlebars [danish expression] as a gender researcher! just the title says it all: gender researcher ... god father to the toilet [danish expression]! "writes Klaus Qvist Mortensen.

http://go-dyn.tv2.dk/articledag/id-49316795:danskerne-forsvarer-mary.html?forside
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 07:32:16 pm »

Minime I think that with everything nothing is black or white.

I like how she dresses and I think that in general she doesn't do a bad job. But at the same time I can see that she is other golddigger because that story of how she met Fred  Lips Sealed, her family is a not very elegant but as they don't live in Denmark is a good point for the RF.

Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 07:45:34 pm »

Aww man, I believed the romantic first meeting story.  The version I heard was that he saw her from across the room, high-tailed it over and swept her off her feet.  What's the story you're referring to, Alexandrine?

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 07:49:28 pm »

That she went to the bar because she knew there were royalty and she tried first with Felipe and Nikolaos before getting Fred's attention.

HC
Countess

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 08:17:24 pm »

Well I think that CP Mary has got an elegant background being from an academic family. Jane is qualified pharmacist, Patricia is a nurse and John is a geologist from the University Hobart'.

Here is Frederiks own words about the evening they met.

http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/2008/05/frederik-book-meeting-mary-and-how-i.html
There have been various reports in the Danish press about the new book Frederik - Crown Prince of Denmark. The book is now on sale and various articles have reported on snippets of Frederik's comments to the authors Gitte Redder and Karin Palshøj. Of particular interest have been Frederik's account of his childhood, his youthful rebellion, the significance to him of becoming a frogman and on meeting Mary. He also discusses his plans for his regency and how he wants to be pro-active for Denmark. He particularly tells of his first meeting with Mary, how their courtship progressed and then how he proposed. The book also reveals that the Crown Prince and the Queen have a closer alliance than ever before and that they consult each other for advice. The photos below were taken by Steen Brogaard especially for the book.
It was love at first sight, when Crown Prince Frederik met Mary Donaldson - completely randomly - for the first time at the bar the Slip Inn in Sydney on September 16, 2000.

In the book Frederik - Crown Prince of Denmark, who now describes his innermost feelings for the first time in connection with the romantic meeting:

"I really felt that she was a soul mate. I was drawn to Mary on all fronts. It was fantastic. The introduction was a little mysterious, but very beautiful. If you had to visualise it, it was like a summer landscape in moonlight. Still water in a pond - evocative - there is a surface, but also depth. Harmony and tranquility and lots of kindness and beauty. It's like describing a landscape bathed in moonlight. That's how I remember her from the first meeting, and it'll get better and better, and more and more beautiful," says the Crown Prince.

To this very day he still has great tenderness in his face which doesn't leave any doubt that he is still crazy about his Mary.

He was generally not in the very best shape during the days when they met: "I was jetlaged and I was really exhausted from having done a demanding pilot course [just before leaving for Australia]."

But the prince allowed himself to be lured out to eat with his Greek cousins, who as it happened were to meet some other cousins [on the Spanish side] and some locals in what was to later become an improvised party. Mary was one of the locals they met. Already the next day after far too few hours sleep, Frederik felt that he had to contact Mary again. "It was to test whether it was just a fun evening on the town or more than that. I called first. There was something special about that girl, I felt, and she wasn't unreceptive when I called. Then we met actually several times during the Olympic Games and got to know each other better and better."

The romance was temporarily interrupted by a planned journey around Australia with the prince's close friend Jeppe Handwerk. But during his trip he constantly rang Mary. Today Frederik is glad that more than a year went by before the press got wind of the situation.

"It was extremely fortunate that the press didn't discover anything and that our love could evolve, which had enough hindrances as it was, not least distance. But the year which then passed was just ours, before we decided that something radical had to happen. This was exciting and a really good proof of whether we wanted to be with each other. There were several months between each time we met. It was hard. It really was hard to live with that need," he says looking back on meetings by turns in Australia or France.

"We renewed that happiness, pleasure and love and more and more each time. And then we had to separate, and it was awful to travel away from each other again. It really was thrilling. But it was also a good proof of our love, because it dawned on us fast that it was not just a casual romance in connection with the Olympic Games which would wear off."

So the Crown Prince organised a trip to Rome. "I had decided that I'd propose to Mary in Rome and had also organised an engagement ring and made sure that I was able to be alone with her. It just worked perfectly. Not just because I wanted to go down on my knee but I did, it's the right way to do it. And then I just said, 'You cannot say no, you must not say no, you'll have to say yes.' And then she said yes and it was beautiful and happy. We were happy and just the two of us," Frederik reports and adds that the proposal was in English.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 08:30:21 pm »

Fred had a girlfriend when he went to Australia too.

I know that her family is "academic" but her father and stepmother are coarse.

HC
Countess

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

I don't think a professor in mathmatics is coarse. Nor do I think his wife Susan Moody is coarse. She writes novels. They met at a dinner with collegues from a university.

Did Frederik have a girlfriend at the time where he met Mary? I didn't know.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 09:14:51 pm »

I think their style is coarse, how they dress... you can be an eminence and be also vulgar.

minime
courtier

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 09:19:46 pm »

Thank you guys so much!
That story about her trying to get Nicolas and Felipe's attention first. That sounded like  Kate-Horror-Queen , if William didn't fall for her then she would have gone to try to get Harry's attention. Do you know more about that first meeting?
And what about the video with the blond and Frederick flirting?

Happy Easter to all those celebrating it  TCP painting easter egg  easter-egg-basket
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: