Royal Gossip
December 15, 2018, 12:29:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana and Fergie Relationship  (Read 2219 times)
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 07:08:32 am »

Their mother was not invited to the royal wedding. I heard once, she was outside in the crowds waving as her girls passed by.... Sad really, from a humane point of view.

I thought Sarah was overseas that day, in Thailand?  She might have waved on another occasion perhaps.  Sarah spoke about her non-invite after the wedding, on Oprah I think.  She said she was extremely disappointed and wanted to spend the day together as a family, helping the girls get ready with their outfits.

I used to loathe Sarah, but since WK came along I realise Sarah was not that bad really.

Interesting clip I found the other day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqSsLRf2K0c

It was made during Andrew and Sarah's engagement.  It looks like it was at a naval base. They appear very much in love.  But remember they are in their 20s, so perhaps a bit naive.  I found Sarah's behaviour towards him a bit pushy and excessive.  She seemed to have no social tact, eg going on and on about some blue wine glasses and then a day they went somewhere and he couldn't remember going there.  She needed to learn to let some things go, and to be quiet and let the other person have their own opinion.

Years later when she was facing her demons and having lots of therapy, she spoke of how low her self esteem had been, despite the extroverted behaviour.  She is a good example of how being loud and outgoing does not necessarily equate to self confidence.  Often it is a mask and I believe it was one for her.

Fast forward to 2013 and I am sure he still loves her and they are together because they want to be, not because of the kids.  It was apparently Prince Philip who said they could remarry over his dead body... perhaps when he is gone, they will. Like Charles and Camilla waited for the QM to pass on.  If I one day hear of a private wedding without fanfare, I won't be particularly surprised.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 10:32:59 am »

I remember seeing this in 1986, I loved seeing them together they seemed so happy and at that point, the royal family seemed to have everything going for them. An heir to the throne with a beautiful, compassionate, hardworking wife, two adorable children and a Duke of York with a happy marriage too. It's so sad to think of how it all turned out. And now we're stuck with Charles and the Rottweiler, and William and the Wisteria Sister.  wopedo

Spice
Countess

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 10:40:06 am »

^I agree with you, 1986-88 was the high point for the BRF, and the Diana/Sarah relationship was at the heart of that.

Maybe the older royal ladies (HM, the QM, and Margaret) felt threatened by the fact that Diana and Sarah were close friends.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 12:08:00 pm »

I think that Andrew takes care of Fergie so he can have some control over her but as he is also a disaster it doesn't always end well. I very much doubt he feels anything for her. Let's remember that she was caught with another man and everyone knows that. Andrew is too spoiled and narcissistic to remain in love with Fergie after that imo.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Cressida
Baroness

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 01:29:43 pm »

Let's not forget that Andrew is not a saint either. Just because it was Fergie who got caught doesn't mean he wasn't up to stuff as well.... flower

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »

I don't doubt it but she was caught and even if he didn't mind her having relationships it was a hit to his ego.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sweetnbyrisk
royal watcher

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 09:42:13 pm »

Sarah clearly has done somethings right. She's remained on great terms with her ex-husband. Their two daughters turned out very well and seem to love both their parents.

Diana and some of her friends referred to Sarah as the "canary," referencing the bird sent in to mines to see if the air quality was safe. They encouraged her to proceed with her divorce and used her experience to guide how Diana would go forward with hers.

I DO feel bad for Sarah when she and her girls are snubbed by the Royal Family (years ago, waving to the Queen, et al, as they passed by in their carriages--horrid on the RF's part!) and certainly when she wasn't invited to Will and Waity's wedding. Sarah was naieve and high-spirited, not cold and endlessly calculating like the Family Middleton. She was Will's aunt and a friend for many years of his mother. If X- rated Uncle Gary rated a place at the wedding, surely Sarah should have been included. huh
Spice
Countess

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 09:54:42 pm »

^I think you're right, if Uncle Gary was good enough,  Sarah  should have been there.  I think the main reason she wasn't, was that there had been controversy about Sarah, and separately, about Andrew,  for about a year before the wedding, and Willy played the "don't let them detract from the wedding of the century" card.  Sarah's popularity was at an all time low.  Since then, she hasn't really put a foot wrong, and I think the public may be softening towards her, ever so slowly, because people are starting to see that WK is so much worse than Sarah ever was.

At least she will be allowed pride of place at the weddings of her own daughters.  I am looking forward to those weddings.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 09:57:03 pm »

Although I agree about the Ascot incident, I still don't see why Fergie needed to be invited to the wedding. She is nothing to William. Uncle G is a blood relation to Kate. I also very much doubt that anyone will soften to Fergie in the future whatever WC will do in the future.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 10:10:57 pm »

Diana was smart and Fergie wasn't; Diana also conformed early on and had an acute idea of how to act at all times. Fergie made the mistake of refusing to give up some of her behavior for the sake of her new life and her new role. Asking for maturity and to conform is not at all the same as stifling someone or beating them down. Diana never legitimately gave the RF cause for grievance, Diana did more than her fair share of duties and she did after all come from a background where she knew the drill. Fergie was the same, but her biggest mistake and failure is that she never had any solid job for any longer than a little while before she was going off on some vacation, one after another to be frank. Fergie wasn't smart and disciplined in the way she needed to be in order to survive and succeed in the RF.

Sarah-tough-strong-minded and artistic-"politely rejected her fiance's choice of ring, for two reasons Firstly , she didnt care for emeralds and had set her heart on a ruby. Secondly the Emerald was flawed.

I don't think she was being strong minded and artistic, but more along the lines of rude and silly. Why didn't she go out and buy a ruby herself?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 10:31:52 pm »

^^ IMO Sarah had at least as much right as Gary to be at the wedding because she is the mother of Bea and Eug, and she lives with the second son of the Queen.  Also, William was a page boy at her own wedding in 1986, in the same church.  True, Gary is a blood relative of the bride, but he's also a cocaine-dealing, *sleazy*-selling oaf of a man who joked about one day being the Duke of Slough and living in a Goldsmith Wing.  He's hardly any classier than Sarah.

I realise HM and PP won't ever let Sarah anywhere near the official life of the RF, and PC and PW are unlikely to do things any differently in the future.  But it seems so hypocritical to me that WK and her clingy family are welcomed with open arms, when Sarah is shunned, despite working very hard for 6 years when she was still within the royal fold, through two pregnancies as well.  At the rate WK is going, it will take her a decade to do the same number of engagements that Sarah did in the second half of 1986.

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 04:05:38 am »

Sarah actually rejected the emerald ring?! Tacky and rude.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 05:03:32 am »

I always wondered, how on earth did Diana and Sarah turn out so different? Diana had her lovers, but she managed to maintain a respectable working career and then even after the crash, she has still managed to keep a solidly good image and reputation. Meanwhile, Sarah has had a horrific time and keeps making messes of her life. Diana never would have been caught dead accepting money for access to members of the RF and Diana wasn't even allowed to make a living. Considering her situation, Diana should have been the one who was careening as badly as Fergie was and making even worse messes.

Fergie had a husband who was away a lot, but go figure, Fergie cheated on him too and ended up actually prancing naked around with a lover IN FRONT OF HER DAUGHTERS! I'll for the life of me never understand why Diana kept it together while Fergie never stabilized. With the freedom to make her own living, Fergie blew it while Diana was banned from making a living, but managed to stay out of financial trouble.

^^ IMO Sarah had at least as much right as Gary to be at the wedding because she is the mother of Bea and Eug, and she lives with the second son of the Queen.  Also, William was a page boy at her own wedding in 1986, in the same church.  True, Gary is a blood relative of the bride, but he's also a cocaine-dealing, *sleazy*-selling oaf of a man who joked about one day being the Duke of Slough and living in a Goldsmith Wing.  He's hardly any classier than Sarah.

Maybe the two of them should hook up; he has money and will let her spend all she wants and she won't be bothered about where it comes from. Fergie won't be Duchess of York, but she will indeed have that valuable genetic connection forever and Gary will indulge her every regal demand.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spice
Countess

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 10:42:28 am »

Diana didn't need to make a living, she had something like 50 million pounds, and free lodging, staff, and security for life.

I think HM and her advisors must have thought that Sarah would just disappear quietly.  They should have given her more money, or access to a trust with someone responsible holding the purse strings.

They were very different personalities  - both scarred from their childhoods, but Diana was much more the self-controlling type.  Bulimia is all about control.  Whereas Sarah comfort-ate and just got fatter.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 12:10:46 pm »

I could never figure out why Sarah never had a place to live of her own after the divorce? That's still one of the things Sarah says in interviews. She always says she had to rent a place because she didn't have a place to live, so eventually she just went back to staying with Andrew, since it made more sense.

Diana was divorcing the future King and she was beloved and the Queen Mother(to the future King) so she was always going to be given a good settlement imo, whereas Sarah was divorcing Pr.Andrew and I don't think he had much money in his own right, but still Sarah should have tried to negotiate a better deal for herself, but she had ruined things so badly (image and "pr") I doubt the Palace would have bended to much.

P.S. Sarah did stand on the street and watch one Royal wedding. It may have been Pr.Edward and Sophie's,  huh I'm not sure though but I do recall some tv interviewer's commenting that they saw Sarah in the crowd watching "a" royal wedding.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 12:14:54 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »

Sarah doesn't know how to manage money. They gave her money to buy a house and she didn't. She also wanted to maintain a kind of lifestyle she couldn't afford.

Alexander
royal watcher

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 01:31:08 am »

She was given money to buy a house? I heard or read that they only gave her a small amount of money that didn't even make a dent in what she owed.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 03:44:08 am »

I could never figure out why Sarah never had a place to live of her own after the divorce? That's still one of the things Sarah says in interviews.

She was allowed to get a place, but it was supposed to be in the names of the princesses, not her own.

Diana was divorcing the future King and she was beloved and the Queen Mother(to the future King) so she was always going to be given a good settlement imo, whereas Sarah was divorcing Pr.Andrew and I don't think he had much money in his own right, but still Sarah should have tried to negotiate a better deal for herself, but she had ruined things so badly (image and "pr") I doubt the Palace would have bended to much.

I find it interesting how Sarah epitomizes how women who marry into money without any of their own often end up right back where they started before they met the man. Sarah went from living a bit of a halter-skalter financially precarious life to doing great with Andrew, but then ended up in the same state as before. Then after the money she made from Weight Watchers, she ended up bankrupt and in debt yet again, living the same second tier Sloane life as before.

Princess Diana was a lot more hard when it came to getting money and getting her own funds, etc. Fergie apparently caved after getting assurances of HM's goodwill and promised not to talk anything about the marriage. Something like that. Fergie wasn't as hardened as Diana was and to me sucked up to the RF too much.

P.S. Sarah did stand on the street and watch one Royal wedding. It may have been Pr.Edward and Sophie's,  huh I'm not sure though but I do recall some tv interviewer's commenting that they saw Sarah in the crowd watching "a" royal wedding.

That is so pathetic.

Sarah doesn't know how to manage money. They gave her money to buy a house and she didn't. She also wanted to maintain a kind of lifestyle she couldn't afford.

Even as Duchess of York she was spending more than she was allowed to. She misinterprets the idea of 'royal lifestyle.'

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 04:59:21 am »

Sounds like Ma Midds. She's spending as much of Willy's money as she can along with her own. Someday there isn't going to be anymore.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: