Royal Gossip
July 20, 2017, 07:40:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Middletons are turning William into Prince Petulance  (Read 3616 times)
Stephanie
Princess

« on: March 06, 2015, 01:38:21 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2982043/Please-Wills-don-t-turn-Prince-Petulance-JAN-MOIR-fears-William-turn-bland-Home-Counties-King.html

The second in line to the throne has made a point of being as controversial as a milky drink on a balmy night, though in recent times it has seemed that William has chosen the Middleton family over his own royal family, something which does not bode well for his future as a monarch.
worry that he is going to be a sort of bland, Home Counties king with robes stitched by Cath Kidston and an obsession with heritage vegetables and correctly made pesto.

loveshower OMG the gloves are off!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 01:40:05 pm by Stephanie » Logged
Val
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 03:32:53 pm »

Lets sincerely hope that as predicted there won't be a Monarchy by 2025.  Bill Middleton can then live at Dingley Dell with those God awful in laws of his.  Can't see him lasting when the cold light of day well and truly opens his eyes.
india
Princess

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »

And when his eyes are truly opened, and the reality sets in, I hope his suffering is immense.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 06:52:27 pm »

It is my belief that he has always been the same, we just never got to see it.  I did read somewhere that he was like that as a child, and remained the same as he  grew up.  I think his mother┬┤s death was used by him as a cover for being such a nasty piece of work.  It is not the odd mishap is it, his rudeness and petulance keep happening time and time again.  Unfortunately his choice of partner has done him no favours, they see what a dreadful creature she is and then look at him and see his flaws too, and there are many of them.   If he was hoping for Diana Mark II with wasty, using her to keep his unpleasantness and laziness hidden then he got is so very badly wrong  -  baked the wrong horse, a non-runner who never made it to the starting line, let alone got past it.
india
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 04:55:09 pm »

thumbsup^^^GB!!!!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 05:28:34 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2982043/Please-Wills-don-t-turn-Prince-Petulance-JAN-MOIR-fears-William-turn-bland-Home-Counties-King.html
The second in line to the throne has made a point of being as controversial as a milky drink on a balmy night, though in recent times it has seemed that William has chosen the Middleton family over his own royal family, something which does not bode well for his future as a monarch.
worry that he is going to be a sort of bland, Home Counties king with robes stitched by Cath Kidston and an obsession with heritage vegetables and correctly made pesto.
loveshower OMG the gloves are off!

The problem with being a limited monarch is that all royals are supposed to be more cosmopolitan, more international, and a lot more skilled (multiple languages/international connections to various government officials) than their people, but William is falling drastically short and so is Charles. The main reason I now understand why royals married other royals is because of the fact that the royals were just as internationally minded as each other. Frankly I don't see how on earth either are going to be of any use to anyone really.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 06:26:31 pm »

In the old days royals married eachother to form alliances, end wars etc. Many daughters were a prize for Kings because it gave them plenty of possibility in the field of diplomacy: "Your son will marry my daughter, in return, you will support my claims to this-or-that region when the present Duke dies", things like that.

Then with the development of the constitutional monarchy, since roughly the mid 1800's, the influence of Kings on foreign alliances, treaties etc became less important, although a King could stir his government a bit (which is why Francophile Edward VII was so pleased with the Entente treaty with France). But overall, princes and princesses were less important as marriage material on the diplomacy market. More and more it was trade and the economy that mattered.
At that time, the early to mid 1900's, royals kept marrying eachother because of a shared background and also the international outlook.

But with a growing and developing middle class and more people attending university, the educational and 'outlook on the world'-gap between the royals and the public became less and less. And especially since the end of WW II, social barriers in Europe diminished quickly so commoners became less of a problem. And of course there is the problem for a King to be and remain accepted when he or she categorically states that one of his subjects is not 'good enough' to marry in. That would seriously undermine the support for the monarchy. This is why it is easier for the desposed monarchies to keep the equality-rule; they don't have a throne, they don't have to worry about support. And so someone like the Duke of W├╝rttemberg can demand of his children that the marry with other royals or members of the high nobility (and 4 of his 6 children did so).

But it all stands and falls with an appropriate spouse. In this regard some of the heirs did better than others. The Dutch King did OK (with a little hick-up about Maxima's father, but Maxima herself has proven her worth for the monarchy, also internationally), as did the Belgium King and the Spanish King. Crown Princess Mary is doing OK as well and supports several good goals (anti bullying in Denmark, women equality and safety internationally).

The two biggest problems are Mette-Marit and Kate in my opinion. MM is, like Kate, work-shy and has used her health on more than one occasion to skip work. MM is trying to look like a socialite, attending the Met Gala for reasons still unknown and she isn't giving her husband any support from what I see. The same with Kate, Kate was blinded by the glitter and the idea of being at the top of the social ladder, but she forgot (or ignored) the notion that also royals give back.

I am still amazed that Haakon never recognized how inadequate MM would be. Haakon was properly trained and educated prior to his engagement. He studied at Berkeley, he interned at the Norwegian embassies in several EU capitals and in DC, he knew his other colleagues well etc.

William also never recognized Kate's inadequacies, and that is mostly the result of his upbringing and the isolated way he was brought up. He never socialized with the other royals on the continent and I doubt he had a good idea himself of what is/ was expected of him as a working royal. He may have 'known' but I think he never translated that into his own life. All in all, William is, in my opinion, just as daft and pathetic as Kate.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 10:41:20 pm »

But. Countess, Kate isn't a Crown Princess and may not be for several years if the Queen rivals her mother's lifespan. If we are discussing heirs to the thrones then Camilla and her demeanour when performing public duties, is the one equal in rank to Mary, Mette-Marit etc., surely?

Camilla's past is always in the picture isn't it, and as a Diana fan I've never been exactly enthralled with Charles's second wife! All the same, Camilla has performed her role as 'Princess of Wales,' (because that's what she is in reality, I think) reasonably well and has taken on some causes which, IMHO, are worthwhile. IMO, Kate is, at the moment, only a part-time royal, really, just like her husband, as can be seen by the number of engagements they perform annually.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 12:30:47 am »

All the same, Kate should be better trained and should have been ready years ago. She should have been launched and doing all she could to make a home (failed), doing regular day appearances (failed), and should be going to galas and receptions (failed). Whether or not she's a CP is besides the point.

The two biggest problems are Mette-Marit and Kate in my opinion. MM is, like Kate, work-shy and has used her health on more than one occasion to skip work. MM is trying to look like a socialite, attending the Met Gala for reasons still unknown and she isn't giving her husband any support from what I see. The same with Kate, Kate was blinded by the glitter and the idea of being at the top of the social ladder, but she forgot (or ignored) the notion that also royals give back.

I am still amazed that Haakon never recognized how inadequate MM would be. Haakon was properly trained and educated prior to his engagement. He studied at Berkeley, he interned at the Norwegian embassies in several EU capitals and in DC, he knew his other colleagues well etc.

William also never recognized Kate's inadequacies, and that is mostly the result of his upbringing and the isolated way he was brought up. He never socialized with the other royals on the continent and I doubt he had a good idea himself of what is/ was expected of him as a working royal. He may have 'known' but I think he never translated that into his own life. All in all, William is, in my opinion, just as daft and pathetic as Kate.

William and Haakon for some reason ingested the ungrateful traits of self pity shared by their peers. I wonder what it is that went horribly wrong.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 06:36:29 am »

Assuming it is another ten years or so before Will becomes PoW - by then he and Kate will in their 40's and the kids how ever many they have will be old enough to be at school.  So Kate loses her full time Mom status.  I think then is when we will see things change - they both then will have to take on more work.  Until then - Kate will work part time.  That is it.  There has been a clear pattern here and it is not changing until transition time comes.  Will is probably going to take on more things like the China trip and Kate will be the stay at home Mom. 

My guess is the RF is fine with this and that Will especially wants this. 
KGap
courtier

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 08:49:16 am »

Will the public accept their laziness for ten more years? The tide is already turning.

I find the idea these two are going to suddenly get a work ethic absurd. W&K have done absolutely nothing. She waited. He played pilot. Not to mention, his hatred of the media.
They would break down at the amount of work and media exposure one expects of a POW.

By some stroke of fate, Harry gets the job or the monarchy will cease to exist. Bill will not be king.

Her family is a complete embarrassment. Their attachment to each other isn't normal. It's quite creepy.

Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 11:14:47 am »

But. Countess, Kate isn't a Crown Princess and may not be for several years if the Queen rivals her mother's lifespan. If we are discussing heirs to the thrones then Camilla and her demeanour when performing public duties, is the one equal in rank to Mary, Mette-Marit etc., surely?

Camilla's past is always in the picture isn't it, and as a Diana fan I've never been exactly enthralled with Charles's second wife! All the same, Camilla has performed her role as 'Princess of Wales,' (because that's what she is in reality, I think) reasonably well and has taken on some causes which, IMHO, are worthwhile. IMO, Kate is, at the moment, only a part-time royal, really, just like her husband, as can be seen by the number of engagements they perform annually.

I know that Kate is not strictly the wife of the heir, but when looking at ages, Charles is only 2 years younger than King Carl Gustav of Sweden. Since both men have ancestors with long lives, we can expect that they will die within years of eachother. So William and Victoria will get to the throne about the same time-frame. And William is not half as prepared as Victoria and as there is a direct link between William's unpreparedness and that of Kate, I think that comparing William and Kate with the present heirs of their generation is not all that strange.
And one of the reasons monarchists always give for the mnarchy is that is enables the monarch to be groomed from day one. Well, with Willy that argument falls flat.

And let's be honest...do you expect Kate to change overnight the moment she becomes Princess of Wales? It is not like a coat you can change. The characters of William and Kate have been formed and that doesn't bode well for the future.
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2015, 03:07:26 pm »

Since the title of Prince of Wales is not automatic, there have been times where there was no Prince of Wales

I don't see Charles providing the title to William until he attempts to earn it.  I think Charles will hold back on the investiture due to the duo's behaviour (as well as the in-laws.)   There is nothing that either of these two are currently doing which would justify the additional titles.  They have not earned the current ones they hold.

source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Wales
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2015, 07:26:20 pm »

Wasty will have a meltdown if she isn't created POW!
india
Princess

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2015, 07:37:31 pm »

Well if she has melt down then there will be one big puddle of potato juice.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 08:00:39 pm »

^
Wasty after finding out she will not be POW AND Chuck is blocking her way to BP.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/RGrqH11Dq4U/hqdefault.jpg

http://www.movienewsguide.com/prince-charles-plans-turn-buckingham-palace-tourist-spot/56224 eating cookies
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 03:31:39 am »

Yep
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: