Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 07:32:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you imagine Harry's wedding will be like?  (Read 22299 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2017, 12:00:41 am »

Windsor weddings are basically garden parties and nothing is brought out to show that the monarchy is in fact powerful or important. A scaled back wedding is a sign that either the new incoming royal is not worth the effort to welcome in, in grand style or they don't care at all about making an impression. I think Harry's wedding will be in Westminster, but thing is the Windsors don't seem to have any steam anymore. Harry will probably dress in his military uniform (looking bloated and ruddy from booze with his balding head) and William will look like a grinning *fool* as supporter to his brother while the bride might look stylish and nice. Same old same old. Kate will be giving death stares and looking burned out from crying.

It would be nice and fun though; each wedding looks like a country gentry wedding and while flaunting the wealth isn't 'in,' if they want to look and come across as powerful they should bring out all those jewels. They just sit there in the Tower and get dust and it's not like it wouldn't attract more press; imagine if HM wore a different tiara to each state event and the rest of the RF wore massive jewels that are rarely seen. The press would go crazy and it would spark some interest. Look at how the entire world isn't all that enthusiastic and the wedding dress code has become a tack-fest. Tacky fascinators, tacky dress, and honestly, I would get stark raving nuts if I had to attend one of those things. It's so boring.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2017, 01:55:57 am »

If and when Harry gets married, the young lady may not want a tiara.

Really A Baron
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2017, 04:19:09 am »

Even if they did bring out the 'bling' it wouldn't be the stuff from the Tower.

The Crown Jewels - the ones in the Tower are only used for the State Opening of Parliament when the Queen wears the Crown or for baptisms when they use the royal font which is also kept there.

The rest of the jewels are either at BP or Windsor and not on display.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2017, 04:48:19 pm »

^^ Is there a regulation for it?

carolmr
gossip insider

« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2017, 08:19:08 pm »

I'm confused about the religion thing.  I'm not British so please give me some clarification.  I think Meghan Markle was raised Catholic.  Would Harry have to give up his rights to the throne if he marries a Catholic?  Will Meghan have to convert to C of E?  Why the bias against Catholics marrying into the royal family?
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2017, 08:33:14 pm »

I was under the impression she converted to Judaism to marry her present husband.

Isn't she still married?

Thanks guys.  thankyou
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2017, 08:48:12 pm »

This is not Meghan's thread. Use the correct thread

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2017, 10:28:24 pm »

My apologies. Sorry.  flower  sorry

I got a bit carried away, as I didn't read which topic I was answering.

carolmr
gossip insider

« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2017, 01:15:00 am »

Yes, I apologize for using the wrong thread.
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2017, 01:17:31 pm »

I think that he will have a wedding similar to Edward and Sophie, ceremony at St.George chapel, carriage ride around the town of Windsor and back to Windsor castle for a wedding breakfast and dance.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2017, 12:18:49 am »

Would Prince Henry have a morning or an afternoon wedding?

Really A Baron
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2017, 09:01:11 am »

The BRF tend to do morning weddings with either a lunch time reception and then they go on their honeymoon or a break in the afternoon followed by a party at night.

William had the lunchtime reception with the Queen and Philip etc in attendance but for the night time party the 'oldies' weren't there. The Queen and Philip were already at Windsor by the time it started.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2017, 01:34:41 am »

meememe, Thank you for the information. In this part of the States, the majority of the church weddings have occurred in the afternoon.

Really A Baron
LadyAva
gossip insider

« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2017, 06:24:29 am »

Depends on who the bride is, but I have always seen him getting married very big royal shindig like Wills but possibly St. Paul's. if it's Meghan then something smaller with huge private after party.

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."  Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: