Royal Gossip
May 29, 2017, 11:42:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you imagine Harry's wedding will be like?  (Read 17851 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 09:28:41 pm »

I actually do think that he would prefer a more ceremonial and stately event than one riddled with celebrities.

I'm not convinced Harry is the marrying type. He's expressed wanting children, but where marriage is concerned, I can easily see him being a lifelong bachelor.

I agree with many here about his character flaws (attitude, etc.), but there is someone for everyone out there. I know Harry could find a woman who would want to spend her life with him, but don't know if taking the plunge into matrimony is a goal of his.

He's 30 now, and it wasn't too long ago that we caught a glimpse of what he does in his spare time (naked time with random strangers in Vegas). The Vegas incident makes me wonder what he gets up to that flies under the radar and how often it occurs. Clearly he likes to have fun the way very young people do and I don't know if he'll grow out of it or ever want to give it up. Naked Vegas was disappointing, but I don't hold it against him too much. Rather, I view it as the reveal of a part of him we weren't meant to know about. Not surprising behavior, but behavior that doesn't support the dutiful image of his we are all supposed to believe in.

With that said, and knowing his position, privilege and upbringing, Harry is not a normal 30 year old. I think most 30 year old bachelors on the right track think about finding the right woman, settling down and starting a family. ...Not sure that goal is on Harry's radar just yet.

I think Harry is very formulaic in regards to his statements about finding the right one for him.

I kind of agree. Is he in a rush? Probably not. Although, if he found someone he was completely crazy about and vice versa, he would start planning the abbey spectacle asap.
If he just wanted to be married, I don't think he would've had to twist cress' arm too hard.

Hopefully he is holding out for love and or suitability.

I think he's holding out for a little of both. I think he's more elitist than he's marketed and I do think he would prefer someone who knows the ropes and will be able to fit in right away. If he wanted a normal type, he would be dating normal types, but he's stuck with the privileged set.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 10:13:16 pm »

How depressive this thread is.  tehe Let's have fun and imagine the wedding without taking into consideration Harry itself.

I would love if he didn't marry in Windsor or London, it sounds boring. I don't think he will have many international guests, something much smaller than William's. Possibly with George as attendant.

At least I hope it is on tv and don't say it's a private event.  sauer

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 11:53:54 pm »

I actually do think that he would prefer a more ceremonial and stately event than one riddled with celebrities.

I'm not convinced Harry is the marrying type. He's expressed wanting children, but where marriage is concerned, I can easily see him being a lifelong bachelor.

I agree with many here about his character flaws (attitude, etc.), but there is someone for everyone out there. I know Harry could find a woman who would want to spend her life with him, but don't know if taking the plunge into matrimony is a goal of his.

He's 30 now, and it wasn't too long ago that we caught a glimpse of what he does in his spare time (naked time with random strangers in Vegas). The Vegas incident makes me wonder what he gets up to that flies under the radar and how often it occurs. Clearly he likes to have fun the way very young people do and I don't know if he'll grow out of it or ever want to give it up. Naked Vegas was disappointing, but I don't hold it against him too much. Rather, I view it as the reveal of a part of him we weren't meant to know about. Not surprising behavior, but behavior that doesn't support the dutiful image of his we are all supposed to believe in.

With that said, and knowing his position, privilege and upbringing, Harry is not a normal 30 year old. I think most 30 year old bachelors on the right track think about finding the right woman, settling down and starting a family. ...Not sure that goal is on Harry's radar just yet.

I think Harry is very formulaic in regards to his statements about finding the right one for him.

I kind of agree. Is he in a rush? Probably not. Although, if he found someone he was completely crazy about and vice versa, he would start planning the abbey spectacle asap.
If he just wanted to be married, I don't think he would've had to twist cress' arm too hard.

Hopefully he is holding out for love and or suitability.

I think he's holding out for a little of both. I think he's more elitist than he's marketed and I do think he would prefer someone who knows the ropes and will be able to fit in right away. If he wanted a normal type, he would be dating normal types, but he's stuck with the privileged set.
perhaps being stuck with that set is why he won't commit.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 12:32:06 am »

How depressive this thread is.  tehe Let's have fun and imagine the wedding without taking into consideration Harry itself.

I would love if he didn't marry in Windsor or London, it sounds boring. I don't think he will have many international guests, something much smaller than William's. Possibly with George as attendant.

At least I hope it is on tv and don't say it's a private event.  sauer

I just can't imagine that they wouldn't televise it. Harry is very popular. In another couple of years George could be an attendant. A cute page boy in a little uniform. Lots of attendants.  I hope for St George's Windsor which is very beautiful and very old but it's more likely to be the Abbey. If he'd married Cressida Bea and Eugenie might have been bridesmaids and Fergie would have been a prominent guest. Just thought I'd throw that one in there!
michelle0187
courtier

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 12:42:10 am »

^^
well that won't be happening while hm and the Duke are still breathing

Please do not quote the message above yours - Alex
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:48:35 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 06:19:31 am »

^ Hmmm ... Sarah as been Liz's guest at Baltimore a couple of times now ...
ariadne
royal watcher

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 06:29:28 am »

I just can't imagine that they wouldn't televise it. Harry is very popular. In another couple of years George could be an attendant. A cute page boy in a little uniform. Lots of attendants.  I hope for St George's Windsor which is very beautiful and very old but it's more likely to be the Abbey. If he'd married Cressida Bea and Eugenie might have been bridesmaids and Fergie would have been a prominent guest. Just thought I'd throw that one in there!

St George seems pretty nice to me, what are the other options ?? I would not miss that wedding if it would be televised  eating cookies
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:48:47 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 07:21:53 am »

I don't think Harry's got many options apart from St George's, Windsor, and Westminster Abbey.  St Paul's is too gigantic.
I suppose if he married someone with Scottish connections he could get away with a wedding up in Scotland like Zara, but I can't see it somehow. He's too senior and popular to have a quiet wedding. The Duke of Kent, who was quite a senior royal then, married in York Cathedral in the 1960's, but that was only because she came from an important Yorkshire family. York Cathedral is old and magnificent but again I can't see it with Harry.

I quite like Westminster Abbey but it has to be decorated beautifully to look spectacular and the bride would have to have a long train. It's quite a walk up the aisle! That's why I like the idea of St George's. It's cosier, but it would be too small if the bride had a huge family.
Sheridan_is_appalled
courtier

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 07:48:31 am »

I think that when Harry gets married, his wedding is going to put Billy and Katie Middleton's to shame. Where it will be held, how the place is decorated - none of that matters.  Harry's likeability transcends William's by light years, and I also think Harry's wedding will be the one that people will remember for a long time.
All I remember about Bill and Katie's were the trees, the smug Middleton faces, Kate's makeup fiasco, Bea's fascinator, and the guests looking as though they'd rather be somewhere else.

I haven't played since I stopped
ariadne
royal watcher

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 08:21:23 am »

I dont think it will be Westminster Abbey since Will already married there couple of years ago, hope it will be somewhere else. If those are the only options then my vote also goes to St George.

Of course, if he will EVER gets married  shifty
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2015, 08:23:02 am »

I can't help thinking Harry is a bit like Albert of Monaco. It is quite possible he will marry late and will choose well his bride. (Well, Charlene of Monaco is not at all like Kate.)

As for Bea's fascinator, well it is not the Middletons' fault. Bea may have put this on purpose, because she dislikes them, or have just made a big fashion fail. We don't know what happened.
Sheridan_is_appalled
courtier

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 08:29:25 am »

I HATED Bea's fascinator for the look if it, but I LOVED it for the reason behind it, if that was the case.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 08:44:11 am »

what's te reason behind the fascinator?
Sheridan_is_appalled
courtier

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 08:48:02 am »

It was rumored to be Bea's way of giving the middle finger to the Middletons.  Ridiculous weddings warrant ridiculous hats.  And I hear it fetched a pretty good price at a charity auction.

ariadne
royal watcher

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 09:03:48 am »

I HATED Bea's fascinator for the look if it, but I LOVED it for the reason behind it, if that was the case.

i dont want to judge anyone's fashion taste BUT i would never wear a hat like that!
FutureDuchessofSussex2015
gossip insider

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 01:23:10 pm »

I liked Bea's fascinator although she could have picked a different one because the one she chose looked like a uterus and fallopian tubes :teehee: :lols:

I hope my dreams come true and I marry Prince Harry for real Tongue wed easter-akasha TCP painting easter egg
Akasha 85
courtier

Aren't we a cuty queen.

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 03:09:13 pm »

How about St Paul rather than Westminster and doesn't Balmoral have a chapel?
or if his bride is an aristo perhap's they'll have it on the estate of the bride downton abbey style.

Dress wise I would like something like this
http://www.allurebridals.com/assets/1550/7_9200F.jpg
or
http://www.allurebridals.com/assets/1550/9155f.jpg

flowers mix of red and white
http://www.firehorse-international-wedding-photography.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/wedding-flowers.jpg

hehe this is fun to think about flirt tehe

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
KGap
courtier

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2015, 03:27:20 pm »

St. Pauls, while amazing, is probably too big for Harry. Balmoral is too remote.
St. George's Chapel Windsor is an option, but unlikely. It'll be Westminster Abbey. Harry is very popular with the public and they'll want to capitalize on a big royal wedding. 
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 04:02:17 pm »

I think Harry's wedding will be a major relief compared to the Cambridges.
FutureDuchessofSussex2015
gossip insider

« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2015, 09:00:02 am »

I have a few ideas for wedding dresses which Harry's bride could wear loveshower loveshower flower flower

http://www.berketexbride.com/Products/RNP4144/navada
http://www.berketexbride.com/Products/RNP4161/poppy
http://www.berketexbride.com/Products/RNP3234/katie
http://www.berketexbride.com/Products/KS2065/madaline
http://www.berketexbride.com/Products/RNP3058/chicago
http://www.berketexbride.com/Products/RNP3200/dakota

And the flower bouquet: http://www.afloral.com/Silk-Wedding-Flowers/Silk-Bridal-Bouquets/10-Lily-of-the-Valley-Bouquet-in-Cream

I hope my dreams come true and I marry Prince Harry for real Tongue wed easter-akasha TCP painting easter egg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: