Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 07:14:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you imagine Harry's wedding will be like?  (Read 22352 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2017, 04:16:31 am »

Meghan does not behave like someone who takes marriage seriously. Lots of red flags with the cheating. Divorce is also a red flag, as second marriages have higher failure rates than first marriages, this is not something to be taken lightly or ignored. People take the baggage from their first marriage into the next, problems do not magically solve themselves. Marriage is hard enough, especially marriages in the public eye, no need to make the odds even worse.

I seriously doubt Harry attends services regularly. Are his friends religious? Not likely. How much time does he actually spend with his father and grandmother who do attend services? Anything that seems out of character is flagged in my mind as possible fake news and I will need to see it to believe it.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2017, 04:35:03 am »

The higher second marriage divorce rates are from US studies. British studies show the exact opposite.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2316323/Couples-second-marriages-likely-divorced-benefit-experience-first.html

Letizia of Spain shows exactly why second marriages can work. She was with her first husband for years and years before marriage in a defacto situation. Within months of the wedding her marriage went pear shaped, perhaps through infidelity and distance. She is now very happy in a devoted second marriage. Everyone makes mistakes but deserves another chance at happiness. However, if we dislike the person being discussed then that is discounted, I guess.

How many times do we see Charles attending church?  Yet we know he does, both in England and Scotland. When PP was in the navy did we see him attending church regularly, or his friends? Yet we know that Philip is extremely interested in religious philosophies. I've followed Harry since he was a teenager and read a lot of titbits about his life from a myriad of sources, and read the church thing on three separate occasions.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2017, 06:01:12 am »

I am not a fan of divorce, regardless of whether or not I like the person. Or if some study says how great divorce/second marriage is. Marriage is supposed to be for life. I acknowledge that some marriages never should have taken place for various reasons, which would make the second marriage more like a first marriage. Of course, all marriages are thrown in together (even if they weren't valid or are eligible for an annulment) so it makes it more difficult to analyze any study's results. But Meghan cheating on her husband and then her live-in boyfriend, going from guy to guy to further her career, doesn't look good for a possible marriage to Harry. At least there were no children involved.

Also, Harry cheated on Chelsy. Kate reportedly told her that "it comes with the territory"... should Harry get married if he can't keep it in his pants?

If they do marry, I hope they stay together and nobody cheats. Maybe Meghan will retire from her career so she won't feel the need to find a new guy to help advance her next project? Maybe having children will make her more likely to stay married? I certainly hope so. I do not wish divorce on anyone, and it's that much worse to break up a family with children.

If we know someone attends services regularly, then there is no need to see photos every time because that fits in with what we already know about them. The flag is for something out of character or that doesn't fit with what is already know about the person. When someone who isn't known for attending services regularly is suddenly being talked about as being a regular church attender, especially a Millennial (not a religious generation, and attendance has been dropping over the years, so someone who attended before isn't necessarily still attending... especially if they haven't been reported to be attending regularly in recent years) who has a reputation for liking to party (even if he doesn't party as often as the papers say, drunkenness and promiscuity are against Christian teaching), that is when the flag goes up. Not that it's 100% definitely false (we don't have a camera watching him 24/7, maybe he did have a conversion of heart and is going to regular services), but more evidence is needed to be credible.  thumbsup

I guess I could say something nice about Meghan: she seems to be polished and to do well at public speaking and interviews, which is good for her career and will help her if/when she marries Harry. Kate will definitely have to step up her game if Harry ends up with Meghan, because the bar will be raised in that department, which will be a good thing.  thumbsup

Beach weddings are popular in America, and Meghan is American. But they might have to marry in a C of E service because of tradition.

Can they get married in the Church of England? It depends.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/ritesrituals/divorce_1.shtml
The Church's suggested questions concentrate on the intentions of the couple and whether allowing the remarriage would be harmful to anybody involved:

Does the couple understand that divorce is a breach of God's will for marriage?
Do they have a determination for the new marriage to be a life-long faithful partnership?
Do they seem willing to explore and grow in the Christian faith?
Has enough time passed since the divorce for everyone to have recovered, and are there complicating factors from previous marriages (court proceedings or child support payments, for example)?
Has either of the parties been divorced more than once?
Was their relationship a direct cause of the breakdown of a previous marriage?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:04:51 am by leogirl » Logged
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2017, 07:56:42 am »

...the post got moved to the right thread
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 08:00:31 am by Ariel » Logged
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2017, 11:33:55 pm »

Meghan's first name is not Meghan. She is Rachel Meghan. Thus Meghan is her middle name.   
When she and Prince Harry exchange vows, would she declare, "I, Rachel Meghan" or "I, Meghan"?

Really A Baron
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2017, 11:46:13 pm »

Meghan does not behave like someone who takes marriage seriously. Lots of red flags with the cheating. Divorce is also a red flag, as second marriages have higher failure rates than first marriages, this is not something to be taken lightly or ignored. People take the baggage from their first marriage into the next, problems do not magically solve themselves. Marriage is hard enough, especially marriages in the public eye, no need to make the odds even worse.

I seriously doubt Harry attends services regularly. Are his friends religious? Not likely. How much time does he actually spend with his father and grandmother who do attend services? Anything that seems out of character is flagged in my mind as possible fake news and I will need to see it to believe it.

I think Meg would make it last since she would have a title, unlimited wealth, and she would be secure for life after having a few kids. If Harry were ever in church, it would be to do penance for his selfish decadent lifestyle.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2017, 11:50:23 pm »

Since we have no engagement announcement and two threads to discuss MM, this is unnecessary.  Until we know if they will get married or an official edict is made, stay on general topic.  Enough is enough.  Thank you,  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2017, 01:39:14 am »

As long as Harry's wedding is Midds free it should be a good one regardless of who he puts a ring on!
 thumbsup

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2017, 12:10:55 am »

What will Harry's wedding be like... in a nutshell

Beer in place of champagne
beer nuts in place of caviar
more fake tan than an oompa loompa convention...by the tawdry TOWIE guests that will likely make the cut
Chuck Wagon weeping open tears
Instead of the first dance to Sinatra it will be the Macarena or robot dance. 

Yep, no one ounce of class in this wedding.

You think Princess Dolly Curls shows off her ring, just wait until this one gets hers.    nervous nervous nervous
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2017, 01:35:13 am »

Who is Princess Dolly Curls?

Really A Baron
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2017, 01:37:46 am »

^Waity, also known as Kate Mddleton

Keep Calm and Carry On
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2017, 01:43:45 am »

^^
Sorry for the lack of clarification, I haven't posted in awhile, I tried to get away from these vacuous people, but this train wreck, well you just need to grab a front row seat and watch. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2017, 02:33:06 am »

*Courtiers will be heavily medicated on sedatives to avoid losing their tempers en-masse
*The courtiers will be making large sounds of scratching as they write out their resignations
*Cameras will be going off like crazy to capture the biggest fairy-tale ever
*Sounds of hearts stopping as the nobility and gentry have collective heart attacks
*Muffled sobs as Kate watches her one true  love (and lover of her fantasies) marry someone else and she will no longer claim his attention at appearances
*The sound of steam coming out of the ears of REAL military soldiers who serve the royal household and will have to salute Meg each time they see her

The wedding will be a typical Windsor wedding with the usual morning garden outfits and trumpets announcing the arrival of HM. The Yorkies will be wearing their usual atrocious fashion choices while Fergie will do an obligatory interview about Diana while the rest of the commentators are their usual dork selves. It'll be no different than others mainly since after all, it's not like the Windsors are known to be creative or innovative or genuinely stately. It will not be an event where everyone wears their jewels and tiaras and sashes like the European families do.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2017, 03:28:32 am »

^ It's not true that the European Royal families wear their tiaras, Sashes etc at their weddings. If you look at Felipe and Letizia of Spain's wedding, his mother wore a mantilla and long gown, the guests suits, uniforms, dresses and hats, etc ditto for Willem Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands' nuptials, guests in suits or uniforms, dresses and hats. The same with Prince Gui of Luxembourg and Stephanie and Albert and Charlene of Monaco, and others. Yes, the Scandinavian monarchies do wear tiaras and sashes at weddings but they don't represent all royals.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2017, 01:05:53 am »

Think of the reaction of the press if Prince Harry declared that the wedding would occur at St. Paul's Cathedral.

Really A Baron
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2017, 01:15:01 am »

I doubt that the Queen would approve Harry having a larger venue than William had.

Harry's wedding will be smaller than William's - due to their relative importance to the family and nation. The Abbey certainly but without as much fanfare - more like the difference between Charles' and Andrew's or even Edward's.

I doubt that Harry would want St Paul's either as that is where he parents' married and we all now how that ended.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2017, 10:41:30 pm »

Journalists at the Express apparently have asked the Westminster Abbey authorities about the possibility of Harry and Meghan marrying there in view of her divorce. A spokesman said there would be no barrier to it, as divorcees are now allowed to marry in the Church of England and there could be an interfaith ceremony with no problems. (I think though Meghan would almost certainly convert to the C of E. If they marry.)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/804138/prince-harry-meghan-markle-engagement-rumour-royal-wedding-Westminster-Abbey
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2017, 11:06:43 pm »

Since we have no engagement announcement and two threads to discuss MM, this is unnecessary. 

fyi easter-egg-basket
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2017, 11:14:10 pm »

^ It's not true that the European Royal families wear their tiaras, Sashes etc at their weddings. If you look at Felipe and Letizia of Spain's wedding, his mother wore a mantilla and long gown, the guests suits, uniforms, dresses and hats, etc ditto for Willem Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands' nuptials, guests in suits or uniforms, dresses and hats. The same with Prince Gui of Luxembourg and Stephanie and Albert and Charlene of Monaco, and others. Yes, the Scandinavian monarchies do wear tiaras and sashes at weddings but they don't represent all royals.

Too bad; the whole point of a royal wedding is to lug out every bit of jewels that each has and put on a royal bling show.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2017, 10:13:37 pm »

The British Royal Family haven't been pulling out the 'bling' for royal weddings for ages.

They didn't do it for Elizabeth and Philip or Charles and Diana or William and Kate so they certainly aren't going to do it for the 2nd son when they didn't do it for the heirs.

The Brits don't like the 'in your face' ostentatious show of wealth that the Scandinavians do. There is nothing wrong with what the Scandinavians do but the Brits and the Spanish don't do it preferring to be more understated.

The only time the BRF are seen with all the bling is at events like the State Opening of Parliament - although not this year due to it being a 'scaled down' opening, State Banquets - definitely one this year and possible two, and the Diplomatic Reception.

They do a few other tiara events behind closed doors e.g. Christmas Eve sees the ladies wearing tiaras for their formal dinner at Sandringham - a tradition started by Edward VII and Alexandra and continuing down to today - but we don't see that as that is a private event.

That is their way. I love the fact that each royal family does things differently. I would *despise* it if all of them were the same.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: