Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 09:37:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Transition to Charles' Reign II  (Read 36717 times)
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2015, 12:41:41 pm »

^ Thank you.  flower April results, so not so long ago.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2015, 01:33:31 pm »

Personally, as much as it goes against the grain, give me chucky, at least he is not work shy, even if it is for his own ends.  Why don´t they do a poll, bill medd, chucky or down with the monarchy  -  know what I would vote for and many others I know would also.  Sick and tired of this german family ruling the roost and fleecing the taxpayers, and now they have the cheek to foist the medds on us too, bad enough funding the windosrs, but the medds, taking the tiddle that is, big time.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »

I am not thrilled with the next two monarchs. George is still a tot so it's too early to tell how he'll turn out of course. I think the PBs and Shands will be more prominent in Charles' reign, he even helped Camilla build memorials to her late brother, gives her sister a job with a big salary, and Tom continues to trade in on the association with Sir. On the plus side, Charles works hard but he is self serving IMO and has a consort not exactly popular with everybody. I think Charles and the Queen should have gotten William, Harry and Kate doing full time duties and withhold perks until they do a certain amount of required work. William especially should have worked with an advisor hired by Charles  to get him working much like he did with Camilla (re: Bolland's help). William seems stubborn to me and lazy and it's his way or the highway, Kate is his enabler and they just seem to grab for the perks (Kate and William that is since Harry has not been awarded all the fancy homes and expensive renovations. It is incredible to me when I read people saying that William "does not have to work" until Charles takes over. I find that really absurd since he's an able bodied 33 year old and does not support his 89 year old grandmother and 67 year old father. He said in an interview he doesn't know what full time duties mean. It's getting to be a joke.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:27:46 pm by sandy » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2015, 09:22:18 pm »

goodpost

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2015, 07:52:17 am »

^^ Definitely a great post @Sandy but you have to change that last bit. His not working turned into a joke a very long time ago. It went down Joke Avenue, hooked a right at the intersection of Lazy A$$ Bum, sprinted up Pathetic Lane, and has safely arrived at the Home of No Hope.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2016, 06:10:50 pm »

Canadians like the Queen, but find Prince Charles 'boring': Survey

To mark the sovereign's 90th birthday on April 21, the Angus Reid Institute polled Canadians' on their views of the monarchy and its key players. The survey results suggest that 64% of Canadians support continuing to recognize Elizabeth as Queen, but only 46% would support recognizing her heir, 67-year-old Prince Charles as king.

Elizabeth and her 33-year-old grandson Prince William were most likely to be described by respondents as "respected."

The word most commonly associated with Charles was "boring."

The poll results didn't come as much of a shock to Gary Toffoli, executive director of the Canadian Royal Heritage Trust, which is dedicated to preserving Canada's monarchy.

"I'm not surprised that most people find 30-year-old guys more interesting than 50- or 60-year-old guys," he said -- and he's not surprised that people prefer Charles's mother, either.

"The Queen has been sovereign for 64 years now. By comparison, any son, whatever Charles was like as a person, would suffer by comparison with his mother," he said. "I don't think it necessarily reflects how they might feel about him when he becomes king."

Toffoli noted that a similar situation existed before Queen Victoria's death in 1901.

Like Elizabeth, Victoria was also a long-reigning and well-regarded queen, and her heir, Prince Edward, was also generally disliked, though for different reasons than Charles. Edward, according to Toffoli, was thought of as a partier with questionable friends, and his many detractors thought he'd be a disaster as king.
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2016/04/18/22625091.html?cid=rssnewscanada&utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_twitter&utm_campaign=Canadians%20like%20the%20Queen%2C%20but%20find%20Prince%20Charles%20%27boring%27%3A%20Survey#.VxTbKjvzFo0.twitter
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:39 pm »

That sounds like Chucky too, along with all his other stupid plans.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2016, 01:51:11 pm »

So, now we know what the plan is then the Republc can get their plan ready too and dive right in.

The ascension of Prince Charles, 67 – unlikely to be imminent judging by the Queen's hale and hearty 90th birthday appearances – is anticipated by a palace strategy codenamed The Bridge. This envisages at least two bank holidays plus a swift coronation of Charles to head off republican stirrings

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3560546/EPHRAIM-HARDCASTLE-Prince-Charles-forced-play-20billion-waiting-game.html
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2016, 02:26:30 pm »

I am sorry, just reading the comments on the above link and found this.  Unfortuantely I am timed out for modifying.

AllOutTogether, England, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Dear Chrissy; it is not a 'theory', it is a fact of law. As a lawyer I can tell you without any room for doubt that in accordance with the laws of England Charles Windsor has committed acts which bar him from EVER being crowned, furthermore the law states that insofar as succession is concerned he is to be treated 'as if dead'. ................... You may appreciate that this has caused quite a problem for the establishment because before becoming ineligible Charles had already been given the successor title Prince Of Wales which in-turn allows him to wrongly get £20million a year from the government owned Duchy Of Cornwall Trust.

What a nice little can of worms the rf have, we have the bill/cath medd situation, the chucky/camzilla situation  /  no wonder HM not in a rush to step down.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2016, 12:33:13 pm »

^ is it specified what Charles's acts are? I find this very very interesting! although I doubt that anything would happen, I am sure that Charles will get crowned, but after him....
but boy, 20mil a year, we all know they are filthy rich, but that helps to put it a bit more into perspective, doesn't it?
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2016, 10:57:39 pm »

I wonder if it has something to do with Charles' marriage to Camilla. Adultery and divorce are nothing new in the BRF, but I am not sure he was allowed to marry a divorcee. Henry VIII killed his wife and/or had his previous marriage annulled before moving onto the next. Edward VIII abdicated to marry the divorcee Wallis Warfield.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2016, 11:08:05 pm »

^ http://royalgossip.forumprofi.de/index.php/topic,3486.0.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2016, 03:58:07 am »

I do hope that whenever Liz does pass (which I hope isn't for a very long time!) Chucky and Cammie can keep their satisfied smirks off their faces during the funeral and coronation. Both are solemn occasions so it will be tricky for them.  bignono
india
Princess

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2016, 12:36:51 pm »

Charles has been training for this role all of his life. He will be a great king. His eldest son on the other hand will be an atrocious POW and king. His Potato Head wife is and will be a monumental disaster.
i used to be a monarchist
courtier

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2016, 02:56:38 pm »

I have that feeling too, India, that PC will make a great king.  And he will have the ability to wrap up the monarchy, to tie up all the loose ends and put it to rest.  It is inconceivable that the Middletons, including PW, would be allowed to take over.  The people will permit PC to reign but they will not have PW or his wife or in-laws.  It's almost over.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2016, 06:00:34 pm »

I think Charles has always worked hard but I don't think he will be a great king.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2016, 06:07:53 pm »

I think he's a lot smarter than people give him credit for. I don't think he's someone who is going to end up with the inability to set things on track.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2016, 07:35:02 pm »

The whole mess with Diana completely hurt Charles' image. It was most unfortunate all the way around.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2016, 08:56:32 pm »

It's too bad that a lot of the good he's done was wiped out during that time. His charity work started in his late twenties, his dedication to good causes, his endless appearances for so many, and then of course, the nonstop opportunities he's given so many.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2016, 10:51:32 pm »

The Diana mess has eclipsed all of that. And it is a shame.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: