Royal Gossip
April 26, 2019, 01:21:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Transition to Charles' Reign II  (Read 36725 times)
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 05:27:02 pm »

I think PC is absolutely right about slimming down the monarchy and certainly about pushing Andrew and his embarrassing ex wife out out out.

And I do think he is correct that there is a lack of balance in the relationship between Kate's family and Will's family - too much Middleton not enough Windsor.  The whole Christmas thing was a break with tradition too soon.

That said - what is the origin of this article?  Is it just an anti Charles rant from the DM fantasists?  Was it planted by someone else in the RF - perhaps Andrew or even Fergie?  It has a very snarky tone  and is clearly aimed at PC.  I just do not think Charles would deny Edward the DoE - he was promised it and it would be petty to deny Edward that title.  PC can be petty but I think not with regards to this.

Yes PC can be selfish but I do think he especially has the long term interests of the Monarchy and he recognizes what is at stake and reads the public mood better than the ever grasping York duo.  Andrew and Fergie are both major liabilities for the UK and the BRF.  Charles is totally right on this one and I certainly hope he gets to carry his plans out soon - the two of them cannot be sent packing soon enough.

I'm not a fan of the Middletons but William (and Harry) played second fiddle to Camilla so they went their own way.  William spends time with his in laws and he is not the first one to be close to his in-laws.  I don't think Charles should try to keep William away from his in-laws that would be nasty. I do think Charles and the Queen should increase Will's and Kate's royal work and not let them hide out. The Trouble is Charles wants to be center stage and IMO sees his son as a threat (he is this elderly man with a wife not popular with all). Charles does not realize that the royal family line does not end with him.

Charles is not above reproach and he is a liability as far as some of public opinion goes.

Realistically Charles can't rely on Camilla, Harry, William, and Kate to do all the work.Bea and Eugenie, Edward and Sophie, et al should be given some work to do or the whole system will collapse. Camilla to me is just as embarrassing as Fergie, yet Camilla gets the bling and the title. Go figure.

I think the reason Charles sees William as a threat is because he has spend his entire life waiting to be the 'top dog' and now that he feels his time is finally getting close he doesn't want to share the glory. He knows that Will is more popular and will garner more media attention.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 05:32:50 pm »

^Exactly! He only wants to be normal when it means avoiding royal duty. 'Real' normalcy would be alien to him...
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 01:37:43 am »

I think that was true a few years ago, but since Willy brought the Midds into their world, upchuck sees his son as the lazy good for nothing that he's become and is more worried about not ever being crowned because after Liz goes I think the monarchy will fall to pieces around his huge ears.
KGap
courtier

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 05:17:57 am »

Charles is not the biggest problem the monarchy faces. Yes he isn't that popular, but he is prepared to be king. Nor will his reign be that long. Charles and Camilla are both rapidly approaching their 70s.

William is the one with the potential to bring it all crashing down. Out of sheer laziness, spite, stupidity? He is not the golden prince who carries on his mother's legacy. He is the big question mark.

Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2015, 06:23:36 pm »

^Agree. The public facade that was built around William is being dismantled quickly. Once he is the heir he must get it together. Although that may be leaving it too late. In the words of Mr.Darcy, ' My good opinion once lost is gone forever...' More people are waking up daily as a result of his laziness.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2015, 07:45:50 pm »

Charles is prepped, but I do wonder if he will in reality end up becoming more of an activist or if he'll end up doing his duties and revel in the perks. I don't think Charles will in fact push for Camilla to become Queen because in my view he's going to be happy enough being king. He's nothing if not selfish.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2015, 01:10:38 am »

Charles just has to try to whitewash the past. He is not spending megabucks on Camilla just to have her Princess Consort.  Why else would he have this barrage of spin.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2015, 11:14:21 am »

http://www.inquisitr.com/1819115/will-kate-middleton-be-in-for-a-rude-awakening-when-prince-charles-takes-the-throne/ loveshower loveshower
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 11:38:48 am »

^ I should think most of the RF is fed up with her.  IMO PC is the only one in the RF who will sort waity and the mess she has created so "Bring it on" I say
MelissaRose
Baroness

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2015, 01:38:23 pm »

I hope PC has the balls to get rid of Waity and her psychotic family...
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2015, 02:33:59 pm »

^ PC has a helping hand for doing it. She is called Camilla.  easter-lol

Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2015, 05:35:46 pm »

Love this article!! Let's hope Charles will do something about her laziness... eating cookies
india
Princess

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 12:54:26 am »

Let C&C deal with the Stalking Bloated Potato Head and her sneaky, disgusting vile lot. Sooner rather than later.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 01:02:13 am »

Charles lowered the bar on consorts when he married Camilla. This is what he caused himself.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2015, 03:10:56 am »

A Very Good Comment:

Jonnyb, Chester, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
please define what you mean by Anne works hard, what does she actually do? I was actually present at an opening she rolled up at. All she did was cut a ribbon, get back in her helicopter and clear off. The whole morning there were police all over the place, the road was closed etc etc. for what? her to fly in for 5 minutes. How much did all that cost the tax payer for 5 minutes of her time?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2942401/Majority-Britons-want-stop-funding-minor-royals-Prince-Andrew-Sophie-Wessex.html#ixzz3RJ9AHKEG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2015, 03:25:15 am »

^Great point. And that 5 min counts as 'work'....
sandy
Princess

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2015, 02:55:23 pm »

You know this comment about Anne makes Kate look even more lazy. She can't even be bothered to spend 5 minutes outside of shopping and vacations.
Tpearl
gossip insider

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2015, 12:13:12 am »

True
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2015, 07:04:39 am »

I would like to know how things are working out now: is Will still more popular ?

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2015, 08:49:17 am »

I would like to know how things are working out now: is Will still more popular ?

This is the latest poll on the monarchy/BRF I could find, taken April 2015. As can be seen, there is a split between those who want Charles as the next King and those who want Willie.

http://comres.co.uk/polls/daily-mail-monarchy-poll/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: