Royal Gossip
May 26, 2018, 03:24:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Transition to Charles' Reign II  (Read 29321 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2017, 06:57:18 pm »

Elizabeth has servants and the best medical care at her disposal should she become ill. She shows no sign of dementia or anything like that. I don't see why she'd have to step down just because she's 91. It's not as if she works in a mine or has a 40 hour a week job. I think it has been all set up already so there is a smooth transition between reigns. I think Charles should think twice about "encouraging" her to retire because for one thing he's no spring chicken himself and when he becomes King (since his mother theoretically establishes the retirement pattern) then he too would be pressured to retire which I think he would loathe. Philip is not the monarch his wife is. IF she is of sound mind and body I think she will stay on. She has children and grandchildren to help out.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #381 on: August 14, 2017, 03:44:49 am »

George V became King because his older brother died before he married or had children. Albert Victor was only ever 2nd in line to the throne and never the heir himself - in William's position but never in Charles.

George VI became King when his older brother abdicated.

The last time someone closer to the throne than Harry had a child and the brother still succeeded was George IV being succeeded by his younger brother William but that was because he was in a loveless marriage, with one child who herself died in childbirth with her child.

The only way Harry becomes King is if William, George and Charlotte are killed. Given how close Harry is to his older brother surely no one would want him to lose basically his entire family just so he could become King?

Oh no, I didn't mean that Harry would lose his entire family. Not at all. I was thinking more under the idea of something else. Sorry. I didn't mean to offend.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2017, 06:24:48 am »

I wonder if Charles realizes that this whining about being Heir is likely making other world leaders uneasy; he's shown he will not respect any boundaries and I do know that the worst part will be how he has foolishly exposed his dislike of the Chinese, who are not going to forget Charles' support of Tibet. I don't really see Charles being King for long and I don't see the House of Windsor surviving the death of HM beyond Charles' reign.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2017, 12:14:04 pm »

There really is no way it will survive beyond Charles. Can any of you truly see William as King? Can any of you see Council Cath as Queen Consort? Can any of you see The Viper as The Queen Mother? Can any of you see Leatherette with her Ugly Rat Face along with Cake Boy swaining about with titles gurning eternally for the camera? Will all of this be tolerated? I don't think so. Not even with a well thought out PR campaign will this happen. No, No and Hell To The No.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #384 on: August 14, 2017, 01:35:24 pm »

^Only in our worst nightmares

Seems the PR campaign by Char;es and Camilla isn't  working anyway

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4787550/Infidelity-won-t-forgiven.html

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #385 on: August 14, 2017, 02:10:38 pm »

Away from Royal forums and some Twitter sites though, the feeling towards William is very different than it is on them. And that showed with the latest poll.

Of course it's not constitutionally possible but that poll showed over half of Britons want the throne to skip Charles and go to William. Charles is not popular, for many reasons, some of which we know about, the ending of his first marriage, Camilla, the eccentricities, the interference with Ministers that some people object to.

By contrast, people who don't pay that much attention to the Cambridges see them as a young(ish) couple with two cute kids, who won't rock the boat.

Quite frankly, IMO, any republican feelings in the near future after the Queen dies are more likely to be focused on Charles and Camilla that on William and Kate. Charles is vulnerable on many fronts, and has a whole lot of lead in the saddlebags, the Cambridges not so much, at least where the British public is concerned.
india
Princess

« Reply #386 on: August 14, 2017, 03:39:05 pm »

The Cambridges have many areas of weakness. The true origins of their supposed children. Council Cath's obsession with her crotch and her constant flashing. All things Middleton. Their slackness, their laziness, their ineptitude and their total stupidity.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #387 on: August 14, 2017, 04:35:10 pm »

There really is no way it will survive beyond Charles.
Can any of you truly see William as King? Can any of you see Council Cath as Queen Consort?
Can any of you see The Viper as The Queen Mother? Can any of you see Leatherette with her Ugly Rat Face along with Cake Boy swaining about with titles gurning eternally for the camera? Will all of this be tolerated? I don't think so. Not even with a well thought out PR campaign will this happen. No, No and Hell To The No.

If only Charles hadn't married his mistress! He would not be as discredited as he is now and all those fawning BS articles would have in fact ended up just a single prince who could have remarried someone suitable, had a phalanx of heirs, and I am certain there would be less misery overall. The minute Camilla chose to be a mistress to a married man, that should have been it, no chance at marriage with Charles EVER.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #388 on: August 14, 2017, 05:37:12 pm »

^Disagree.

His close friendships with people like Jimmy Saville and Bishop Peter Ball should be enough to get rid of Charles
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2017, 03:19:57 pm »

Queen will NOT stand aside to let Charles take her duties: Officials seek to quash rumours monarch will make him Prince Regent

Sources dismiss rumours monarch was planning to hand over duties to Charles
    They said 'there will never be a regency' unless she was too sick to carry on
    Comes after the Duke of Edinburgh retired from official duties early this month

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4806824/Queen-NOT-stand-aside-let-Charles-duties.html

Not sure why this kerfuffle is out, it was said earlier that a regency were to happen once Liz is 95 (if at all), not now.
Looks like major discord is going on behind the scenes?
 dontknow
sandy
Princess

« Reply #390 on: August 20, 2017, 03:33:50 pm »

This has been going on for years. I think it just rumors from Charles' camp. There is nothing official that she will retire at 95 it is merely rumor
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #391 on: August 21, 2017, 01:09:54 am »

Charles's popularity plummets amid the 20th anniversary of Diana's death: Just a third of Britons think he's doing a good job while only 14% want Camilla to be Queen, according to shocking new poll

Prince Charles's popularity has plunged in run up to anniversary of Di's death 
    New poll shows just one in four think he has had a negative impact on royals
    And only 14 per cent want to see Camilla as queen when he becomes king
    Comes after the head of state and her family were photographed in Balmoral

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4807930/Charles-hit-Diana-backlash-popularity-slumps.html

As I've been saying for ages now, they have ruined their success and goodwill with that shyte show they pulled completely.
A poll I for once can fully believe.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #392 on: August 21, 2017, 01:39:06 am »

Junor's sycophantic book and the premise that Camilla was the 'savior' of the monarchy made them both laughingstocks, IMO.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #393 on: August 21, 2017, 05:04:16 am »

I am not sold that this poll in many ways.

1. William adds to the monarchy - 78% say he does

2. At the same time Charles adds nothing to the monarchy,

At face value that means someone who does around 200 engagements a year adds more to the value of the monarchy, who sues the press at the drop of a hat, who whinges about knowing what a royal is etc etc adds more to the monarchy than a man who does nearly 600 engagements a year and has helped 100,000s of young Britons.

This forum is always commenting on how William doesn't do anything - but he is adds way more to the value of the monarchy than his father.

Sad but true - a do nothing William and a do even less Kate are seen as doing more for the monarchy than Charles.

William and Harry, of course, will be delighted as this shows that their way - of one or two appearances a week and the odd tour - is the right way ahead for the monarchy as well as living their version of 'normal'. This is what they want - to change totally the monarchy - to one that doesn't do very much at all for anyone other than themselves.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #394 on: August 21, 2017, 11:38:26 am »

^ Sadly those polls are confirmation for W&K&H that they can just continue as they do, it will reinforce endlessly to them that their way is the right way, no change necessary. But even with those who approve the blinders will come off omce Will is closer to the throne.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #395 on: August 21, 2017, 01:00:47 pm »

If Charles had any sense he would have not allowed Diana to be bashed by Seward and others and make up gossipy stories and label her with various "mental illnesses." It makes him seem mean and petty and bitter. Camilla's overpraise by Junor probably put them off to Charles and Camilla even though some may have been more tolerant of them. It was a turn off to have the unsubtle spin for Charles. I don't think CHarles had much sense.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #396 on: August 21, 2017, 01:44:33 pm »

Thankfully, unless chucky pops his clogs before queenie dies, then chucky is the heir, that is the law.  Bill medd is not fit for the job, 200% totally unsuitable.  Not keen on chucky, but will take him over bill medd every time.  At least he has some sort of work ethic, and no vile, disgusting, devious, greedy, grasping downmarket trailer trash meddledooms for the taxpayer to keep in luxury.  I do not think either fit for the job, but would take chucky over bill any day of the week.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #397 on: September 15, 2017, 11:37:27 pm »

Revealed: Queen's most senior courtier was forced out of his job in bitter power struggle over Prince Charles's demands for extra royal duties ahead of his succession to the throne

Sir Christopher Geidt - the monarch's private secretary - resigned his job in July
    It was the first time that the Queen had ever gotten rid of her private secretary
    Now it has emerged it was due to complaints from Charles and the Duke of York

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4889462/Queen-s-aide-ousted-power-struggle.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #398 on: September 15, 2017, 11:50:21 pm »

Charles is so self centered. If he had any brains he would give a full plate of duties to his lazy son and not take them all himself.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #399 on: September 16, 2017, 01:43:33 am »

Is there a REASON HM does not protect her courtiers, or ever back them up against her out of control family? I'd like to know as much. The courtiers do EVERYTHING to keep this family on track and apparently do every clerical duty and their 'reward' is to get kicked around and shoved out.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: