Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 04:14:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Transition to Charles' Reign II  (Read 36607 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #340 on: July 26, 2017, 02:13:08 am »

Yes - he could have something he himself has composed or have something commissioned for the service or go with what is already done.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #341 on: July 26, 2017, 02:20:38 am »

When it's Tampon Chucky's turn to grab the throne, he would spare no expense for the coronation I bet

I haven't played since I stopped
sandy
Princess

« Reply #342 on: July 26, 2017, 12:10:39 pm »

Yes, no expense will be spared and probably a slew of books about how "great" he is.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #343 on: July 26, 2017, 02:47:43 pm »

It seems as though someone who has waited most people's lifetime for this role would have plenty of time to plan a great deal.  He strikes me as ultra conservative with money though so I don't know if he'd go along with a big expensive splash coronation.  He's got to be aware of the undercurrent of Camilla hostility, yes?  No?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2017, 03:15:17 pm »

^ Oh, I think Charles is very much aware of people's feelings about himself, Camilla and the ending of his first marriage. If he hadn't been he wouldn't have employed a spin master like Mark Bolland to try to rehabilitate their reputations before they married. However, monarchs don't pay for their own Coronations, (except perhaps for some guests accommodation, balls, other entertainments beforehand etc) and as far as this next Coronation goes, it will be very much the will of the Government in power at the time as to whether it's going to be an enormous spectacular, a medium spectacle or very basic. I'd guess the middle one myself.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2017, 03:56:15 pm »

WHo knows; realistically, he clearly will, but I think he's determinedly setting the ground for a more autocratic monarchy that seeps into government influence and control.

He may well be but he would do so at his own peril. All we would need is a left wing government and Charles would be toast
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #346 on: July 26, 2017, 04:29:49 pm »

^^I agree.  Staying big but not too big makes sense.  The BRF has disappointed before, however.  But wisdom points to this avenue.  We'll see, right?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #347 on: July 26, 2017, 05:09:12 pm »

I do believe that Charles has 'ideas' and regretfully these ideas are not supplemented with experience and actual training and testing. He only went to university to kill time and studied a fairly useless subject that will be of no real use to him and it's clear that he wants to actually run things according to ideas and not reality. Just trying to run things will in fact cause more harm since he'll disrupt so many other things. He's unwilling to put in extra effort just to be taken seriously and it's clear that he isn't interested in realizing that the world doesn't owe him anything other than token respect as a human being and surface deference for his status as Prince of Wales.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #348 on: July 26, 2017, 05:30:24 pm »

^^^^If Corbyn's PM it will be next to non-existant.  all we do know for sure is the Mids will have a range of cheap Coronation tat at PP website
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #349 on: July 26, 2017, 06:04:53 pm »

I think if Labor gets back into power more prerogatives will be cut out. Charles might want to get the yacht back along with other benefits, but I am sure it won't happen. Once something is gone, it's never brought back.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #350 on: July 28, 2017, 01:27:00 am »

How many Coronation balls will King Charles III have?

Really A Baron
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #351 on: July 28, 2017, 04:51:00 am »

He may have as many as he wants but possibly none. I don't think he is really into balls these days. I suspect there will be a banquet the night before or the night of the coronation and that will be the only event other than the coronation itself - remembering he will be close to 80 or even past it when the time comes.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #352 on: July 28, 2017, 04:35:28 pm »

^Close to 80 or past that age when the time comes??

There is no way to know that. Any of us could keel over tomorrow, even the queen. I have to say it is not possible (or extremely foolish) IMO for one to assume that because one's mother lived to be over 100 that it is given for the daughter to do so also. So many young people are dying lately from cancer and other things, that it bothers me to think that someone would be arrogant enough to assume that a 90+ year old woman has at least 10 years left.....
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #353 on: July 28, 2017, 07:20:13 pm »

Well, he is already pushing 70, so it won't be a coronation for a young king. And that's assuming he gets to be king; something could happen to PC, too (not that I wish anything bad on him).

HM could very well live another decade or so, as she does not seem to be in poor health. But at her age, something small like a flu or infection could prove fatal. So there is no way of knowing.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #354 on: July 28, 2017, 07:25:19 pm »

I don't think anybody expected the Queen Mum to live past 100. But she did. So theoretically the Queen could. Princess Margaret smoked which probably led to her premature death. There are photos of her as a young woman smoking and she smoked for quite a while.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #355 on: July 28, 2017, 07:38:54 pm »

I believe that if Charles has it his way, he would have a grand coronation with the works and certainly his wife will be crowned. Instead however, I believe that the position of monarch will be increasingly fragile with every new antic and he might in fact be forced to forgo crowning Camilla. Each year, each antic, makes the surety of him reigning and passing on an intact throne less and less likely. Each year, I perceive that the Throne might in fact end with Charles' passing, that William will not inherit.

At the risk of sounding more and more mystic, the more each year passes, the less likely I see Charles being much of a king; before William destroyed his life by becoming engaged to Kate, it looked as if Charles was going to become King and was credible and looking very on track. Now with each year since the 2011 blasphemous version of a Christian wedding, it keeps looking like the monarchy might in very well fact end up ending, with Charles' role as king being predetermined instead of what he (Charles) would want it to be. He clearly might end up being the king that oversaw the dissolution of the monarchy and provided stability for the nation while it transitioned. The older he gets, the less likely it will be that there'll be a grand, widely respected coronation and chances are it'll be more along the lines of an investiture and a simple banquet. Nothing like the grandeur that he might in fact be hankering after.

HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #356 on: August 05, 2017, 11:09:04 pm »

As the many changes of the Winds staff that have been going on and will continue are linked to the change in power, I'll post this here:

>> Exodus of senior aides in palace shake-up has turned into ‘royal shambles’ as ‘the firm’ is plunged into uncertainty

The Palace is in a state of disarray following a wave of senior resignations
    It is becoming clear that the shake-up has been ordered by the Queen herself
    Those preparing to leave include Prince William and Harry's private secretaries

Buckingham Palace is in a state of disarray following a wave of senior resignations and departures, The Mail on Sunday has learned.

It is becoming increasingly clear that the Queen herself has ordered a shake-up of courtiers at the royal palaces as she prepares for a future in which she allows Prince Charles to take the lead.

But palace sources are concerned that ‘the firm’ has been plunged into uncertainty following last week’s shock resignation of the Queen’s right hand man, Sir Christopher Geidt, as revealed by the MoS, along with several other leading figures.

‘You could described it as a right royal shambles, ’ said one courtier.
[...] <<

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4764356/Palace-shake-turned-royal-shambles.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #357 on: August 06, 2017, 09:45:14 pm »

Some have mentioned that the queen will give up her role to Charles when she is 95. And it makes sense she will lose mental capacity the older she is. Why wait until she cannot deal when they can do it sooner and in a more organised manner.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #358 on: August 06, 2017, 10:03:25 pm »

Some elderly stay sharp as a tack. Olivia De Havilland at 101 started a lawsuit against the producers of Feud for the way she was portrayed. Actor Norman Lloyd (acted in Saboteur a Hitchcock film in 1940 and just lately in Amy Schumer film Train WReck) at 102 was interviewed about his film roles and is sharp as a tack as well.  Some elderly do not lose mental capacity. I think she will not abdicate but if she becomes incapacitated Charles will be  Prince Regent. She had said she would not abdicate and I don't think she will.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:05:32 pm by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #359 on: August 06, 2017, 10:06:24 pm »

I think that HM is sharp, but is being run over by her younger heirs and she has no idea on how to cope. Charles has the ideas, but not the power; I do think HM is in fact giving Charles more power over the ducal couple and her dolt grandson Harry, but that is as far as it's going to go.

In my honest view, I think HM might in fact lack the guts to take the action needed to get WKH in line for good. Charles on the other hand has both guts and determination and if his reign will in fact be where he provides a focus for stability and safety while the nation transitions into abolishing the monarchy, I am certain he and the courtiers will in fact make WKH pay in spades in every possible area. I also think there will be a transition into a more decisive and ruthless reign. Charles is not one to shrink from taking action and however wrongheaded, he might in fact come into his own once he is king. I am certain that he and the courtiers are itching to put all three brats in their place for all the grief they've caused HM. Charles won't care about his image once he decides to start pushing back.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: