Royal Gossip
October 23, 2017, 11:34:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Transition to Charles' Reign II  (Read 22029 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2017, 01:44:29 pm »

The liking Charles has for pushing his own agenda in the matter of agricultural practices and the environment, alternative health practices and a dozen other things is a very worrying tendency of his. He is just going to have to learn to button up his lip and be moderate when dealing with government ministers. Otherwise I can see a massive clash, perhaps even a constitutional crisis arising, if he persists as he has done as POW.

It's the only thing that worries me about Charles. Otherwise he is a very thoughtful and experienced heir to the throne. In dealing with foreign leaders too, much better to be pragmatic, do what you have to do, even if you can't stand some of them and it goes against the grain, as well as keep quiet. That's what his mother has done during her reign. Charles is going to have to follow suit.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2017, 08:23:21 pm »

Here is why Charles in unfit to be King

His own PR Guru Marc Bolland said that "he routinely meddled in political issues and wrote sometimes in extreme terms to ministers,  MP's and others in positions of political power and influence. The prince used all the means of communication at his disposal, including meetings with ministers and others,  speeches and correspondence with leaders in all walks of life and politicians.  He was never party-political,  but to argue that he was not political was difficult. These letters were not merely routine and non-controversial, but written at times in extreme terms ! Containing his views on political matters and individual politicians at home and abroad and on international issues ! I remember on many occasions seeing in these day files letters which,  for example,  denounced the elected leaders of other countries in extreme terms,  and other such highly politically sensitive correspondence. "

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2017, 08:48:19 pm »

The whole point of the royal world is about boundaries and respecting them; not pushing yourself on other people and not about making other people do what you want them to do. WHY the British government is so gutless I do not know.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2017, 09:50:18 pm »

Well, if Charles is unfit what is the Lazy, Lying, Stupid, Petulant Willy The Spoiled Brat?
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2017, 10:29:53 pm »

William is even worse actually. Yet this thread isn't about William.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2017, 12:38:26 am »

Anyone would be better than Charles,  he will bring down Monarchy.   He has pushed people too far.

Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2017, 01:34:05 am »

^IMHO, monarchy needs to go. It is difficult to believe that the bloodline of a certain family is still believed (against all evidence otherwise  eating cookies ) to be superior to that of others and that they possess a god given right to 'rule'. It is laughable really. Especially when we see what the younger generations are up to.   ick
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #307 on: February 15, 2017, 02:24:15 am »

In the past, a monarch was ruthless in protecting their throne, protecting the nation, and didn't rely on PR to make them 'relevant.' The BRF (among other monarchies) certainly do not at all have anything to offer. In fact, royals these days just LOVE to take take take and basically undermine the prestige of the nation itself. Prince wants to marry a mistress/former drug addict/divorcee; let him be like any normal man! Princess wants to mingle with cutthroat oligarchs; sure why not! After all, they deserve to live life like anyone else, only with legally reinforced titles and money from the taxpayer!

I do think that to a limit, bloodlines do matter, but without training and nonstop testing, it becomes buried under a mound of excess and selfishness.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2017, 04:13:34 am »

With great wealth and privilege co.e responsibilities....It's that last bit the current RF seems to have forgotten
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2017, 03:09:58 pm »

Sadly it becomes more apparent every day.
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #310 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:25 pm »

When Charles is King, do you think he will have a statue in honor of his mother erected?

Really A Baron
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2017, 12:17:45 am »

He will have a statue of himself erected.

I haven't played since I stopped
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2017, 12:19:23 am »

Who knows.

If he wipes the floor with the Midds and gets his crazy family (sons specifically) in line, he might not be able to continue the monarchy, but at least he will have kept them leashed for a time. The entire clan is out of control and I hope Charles pulls a Prince Robert (from The Royals) and gets craziness under control.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #313 on: February 23, 2017, 03:49:38 am »

I think there is a certain amount of sons in line going on - they are for sure working more
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2017, 01:34:52 am »

The issue of whether Camilla will become Queen Consort (and crowned in the Abbey) rumbles on and on. A writer in the Spectator thinks she doesn't deserve to be Queen. An interesting article, nonetheless.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/prince-charles-wants-a-queen-camilla-hes-still-wrong-heres-why/
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2017, 03:20:37 am »

Charles has gone to show that promises are worthless; he promised to lead a celibate life (broken) and promised never to remarry (broken), promised to make sure Camilla will not be Queen Consort (broken), and soon he might in fact quietly start to have her referred to as Princess of Wales. You know, by not marrying Camilla, he regained a lot of respect and Camilla became tolerable since she remained the mistress and basically wasn't getting the marital payoff of becoming an HRH. Then Camilla is ordered to sit according to her real rank, not that because she's mistress and Charles has a snit and marries her.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2017, 09:04:30 pm »

When did Charles promise to live a celibate life? He certainly didn't promise that before marrying Diana. When he married Diana he promised to love, honour and cherish - certainly no promise of a celibate life there. He then said that Camilla was 'non-negotiable' which doesn't sound like he intended on remaining celebate but rather that he intended for her to be his lover for the rest of his life.

The reason why he ended up deciding to marry her was that the Queen wanted the relationship 'regularised' before she died rather than still have it hanging over Charles' head when he succeeded. He was thus encouraged by his mother to marry Camilla.

At no time do I recall him ever saying he would be celibate.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2017, 09:14:10 pm »

I don't get why a royal having a mistress is treated like a scandal. First, Camilla is no shrinking violet pressured into a relationship and second, for the life of me, a powerful man having a mistress is almost normal. Frankly, it's this facade of respectability that is undermining the prestige of the Windsors.

FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2017, 11:02:01 pm »

The Spectator article mentioned Camilla's children are kept separate from Clarence House and Sandringham.   
I last remember about one of her relatives being in the news was when her granddaughter was a bridesmaid in Prince William's wedding.

Really A Baron
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2017, 12:19:31 am »

Sandringham I can understand as it is the Queen's home and Charles spends one weekend a year there along with about 24 hours at Christmas. As the Prince of Wales he arrives last on Christmas Eve - around 4.00 and leaves about the same time the next day. Camilla will already have left by then anyway.

Clarence House is a different matter. I really doubt that Charles would ban his own godson from his home and Tom is is godson.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: