Royal Gossip
August 24, 2017, 05:58:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Transition to Charles' Reign II  (Read 19338 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: November 04, 2014, 06:25:56 pm »

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror
A new YouGov poll has found that the majority of Brits don't want Camilla to be Queen when Prince Charles becomes King
The new YouGov poll of 1883 adults found 17% want Camilla to be Queen, 46% Princess Consort and 27% think she should have no title at all
The YouGov poll also found that 40% of people want Charles to be the next King but 58% think William will be the better King
And the poll found that 60% of people think Kate will be the better Queen compared to 12% for Camilla

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:49:42 pm »

58% and 60% of 1883 people are blind as bats and out of their fekking minds!!!  blink Shocked
sandy
Princess

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 08:27:22 pm »

Do people expect Kate to work?
india
Princess

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 08:37:06 pm »

The lazy tart Waity isn't thinking about working.
Mandosiel
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 08:46:21 pm »

Obviously they aren't in touch with the reality of the situation. It's people like that that let them get away with their bad behavior and still think the sun shines out their bums.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 12:22:40 pm »

^
It's not that they like Kate but that they detest Camilla.

I am not sticking up for Kate but she has not really harmed anyone. Camilla has caused a lot of pain and the British public are still very aware of that.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 01:24:38 pm »

I agree. I'd like to know what demographic they polled. If a section were over forty years of age they are the people who still identify with Diana and will be driving Camilla's numbers down. There are some who will never forgive or forget the circumstances of Charles's first marriage.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 06:29:34 pm »

Rosella I bet it is just a representative sample - if it had a been a targeted age group I think the article would say.  So it looks like across the board with all age groups Camilla is not selling.

It is an intriguing survey in that Charles seemed to be gaining ground in previous surveys- and you would think that people would consider Will's absolute lack of experience

It also goes to show that the perceptions of some on the forums - actually most of us - is not the same as the general public who seem to be please with Will and Kate - seems adultery is still considered worse than skirts blowing up and exposing the royal butt.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 06:36:52 pm »

The sad thing is that William could have had more experience but apparently  has gotten his way in his quest to avoid full time duties.

Kate has the advantage over Camilla in that she was chosen to be the mother of a royal heir plus there were no marriages broken up in the process of William and Kate getting together.

Camilla IMO was a lot more destructive she deliberately undermined and hurt another woman, the first wife of her now husband. A skirt blowing up is gross but it is not as destructive as what Camilla did IMO anyway.
Freya
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 08:54:31 pm »

However money is spent on trying to make Camilla acceptable to the British public she is still perceived as the woman who broke up Charles and Diana's marriage. She should have just stayed away.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 01:33:31 am »

Charles 'will speak his mind when he's King': Prince set to break with Queen's habit of discretion over matters of public debate

Prince Charles will break with the Queen’s habit of discretion when he becomes King and continue to speak out on issues close to his heart, it was claimed today.

According to an unnamed source quoted in The Guardian, the heir to the throne is ‘ready to reshape the monarch’s role’ when he accedes to the throne.

The newspaper claimed Charles wants to make ‘heartfelt interventions’ in national life, in stark contrast to his mother who rarely utters a word on matters of public debate – including September’s Scottish referendum.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2841679/Charles-speak-mind-s-King-claims-source.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 03:18:23 am »

The sad thing is that William could have had more experience but apparently  has gotten his way in his quest to avoid full time duties.

Kate has the advantage over Camilla in that she was chosen to be the mother of a royal heir plus there were no marriages broken up in the process of William and Kate getting together.

Camilla IMO was a lot more destructive she deliberately undermined and hurt another woman, the first wife of her now husband. A skirt blowing up is gross but it is not as destructive as what Camilla did IMO anyway.

Your last paragraph said it all, Sandy.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 04:23:28 am »

Charles 'will speak his mind when he's King': Prince set to break with Queen's habit of discretion over matters of public debate

Prince Charles will break with the Queen’s habit of discretion when he becomes King and continue to speak out on issues close to his heart, it was claimed today.

According to an unnamed source quoted in The Guardian, the heir to the throne is ‘ready to reshape the monarch’s role’ when he accedes to the throne.

The newspaper claimed Charles wants to make ‘heartfelt interventions’ in national life, in stark contrast to his mother who rarely utters a word on matters of public debate – including September’s Scottish referendum.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2841679/Charles-speak-mind-s-King-claims-source.html

This is exactly what I'm afraid of with Charles. Let's just hope the 'heartfelt interventions' don't get politicians annoyed. Otherwise he might get a rather nasty surprise early in his reign when the government reacts. A constitutional monarchy doesn't need interference, heartfelt or otherwise, from their monarch. That's what Parliament is for. Charles should keep his advice for private meetings with the PM. 'Silence is golden' as the old saying has it.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 05:46:38 am »

I do think his constitutional role requires he not align himself with particular political parties or political positions of a party but he should be able to speak on behalf of the British people.  Now he can do that symbolically - by what he chooses to become involved with - what groups his charities fund - what places he goes to visit.  But he should not ever seek to lobby the government - this I think is what gets him in trouble.

I think it is especially worthwhile for Charles to speak out bout issues like poverty or homelessness - people who are often ignored.  But highly politicized things like the Scottish referendum or EU membership - he must stay out of that.

Incidentally - George V did get involved with politics and he was especially eager to see the war widows pension improved - so there is precedent.  But it must be done with great caution and it must be more symbolic and not  making lecturing speeches.  He especially should avoid comparing heads of state in other countries to Hitler.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 07:39:31 am »

How can he speak on behalf of the british people? He doesnt know what they want.

Politicians are voted because they have an agenda.

No one has voted Charles.

If he is not careful he is going to end up like Charles I.

The Guardian has already started the campaign.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 11:34:08 pm »

Charles: Hellbent on being a meddling monarch. New book reveals ambition that could cause a constitutional crisis

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2933811/Charles-Hellbent-meddling-monarch-New-book-reveals-ambition-cause-constitutional-crisis.html#ixzz3QLomcOZv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 03:26:05 am »

Why Prince Charles worried by the march of the Middletons: And what he really thinks about Prince Andrew's 'sex slave' scandel

Nothing has convinced Prince Charles more of the urgency of his plan to slim down the monarchy than the unsavoury scandal swirling around his younger brother, Andrew
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2937176/Why-Charles-worried-march-Middletons.html

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 03:56:39 am »

Charles has plenty to be worried about. However, it's true that at this stage of the proceedings there's not much he can do about the Middletons. There is a great deal though, that he could do about Andrew, and if Andrew thinks that he and his family is going to still be at the heart of the monarchy in his old age, then he is deluded. Quite frankly he's on his way out. I can't see Charles failing to give Edward the Edinburgh dukedom all the same, it's not going to harm Charles and the Wessexes were promised it.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 04:00:29 am »

I think PC is absolutely right about slimming down the monarchy and certainly about pushing Andrew and his embarrassing ex wife out out out.

And I do think he is correct that there is a lack of balance in the relationship between Kate's family and Will's family - too much Middleton not enough Windsor.  The whole Christmas thing was a break with tradition too soon.

That said - what is the origin of this article?  Is it just an anti Charles rant from the DM fantasists?  Was it planted by someone else in the RF - perhaps Andrew or even Fergie?  It has a very snarky tone  and is clearly aimed at PC.  I just do not think Charles would deny Edward the DoE - he was promised it and it would be petty to deny Edward that title.  PC can be petty but I think not with regards to this.

Yes PC can be selfish but I do think he especially has the long term interests of the Monarchy and he recognizes what is at stake and reads the public mood better than the ever grasping York duo.  Andrew and Fergie are both major liabilities for the UK and the BRF.  Charles is totally right on this one and I certainly hope he gets to carry his plans out soon - the two of them cannot be sent packing soon enough.

Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 04:42:32 am »

^Great post!! HM or Charles, when his time comes, need to do something, cause the whole ship is in danger of sinking..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: