Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 04:54:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Prince in critical condition after avalanche  (Read 3834 times)
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 03:22:03 pm »

They can't do all the scans yet. His brain is not swollen, which is a good sign. I don't know when exactly, but they will scan him soon on brain activity, if that is okay, than they will wake him up.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 06:57:06 pm »

If his brain is normal, than I am sure that he will be just fine and will wake up just fine.

Besides, if the vitals are unharmed and working, then it's just a matter of time until he does wake up; just because he isn't awake and thriving right NOW doesn't mean that he's dead or dying. Besides, the press has no right ot be immediately informed in these matters, the family does, not them.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 07:09:23 pm »

That's true.  It's nobody's business to know all the details.  Good point.  Will continue to hold good thoughts as well as prayers for all of those killed in the Washington avalanche.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 07:26:28 pm »

One thing I will never understand is WHY Friso decided to go off of the pathway that was designated by the resort as safe.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
observer
gossip insider

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »

it's simply the thrill of wild steep slopes. Unprepared powder snow, no snow plough sliding freshman is blocking your way etc.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 01:01:35 am »

Rules are there for a reason.

observer
gossip insider

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 10:16:52 am »

of course, but for someone it's an extra-kick to break 'em.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 10:25:37 am »

I just hope he doesn't pay for it with his life; no 'kick' is worth it.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 08:06:38 pm »

Dutch prince buried in avalanche is in a coma

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/9093975/Dutch-Prince-Johan-Friso-in-a-coma-after-being-buried-in-avalanche-in-Lech.html

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 08:44:37 pm »

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/02/queen_beatrix_cancels_engageme.php

The queen has cancelled several engagements and will remain longer in the Austrian resort of Lech to be close to her son Friso, the state information service RVD said on Thursday.

Friso remains in a critical condition after being hit by an avalanche while out skiing last Friday. The prince, Beatrix's second son, was buried under the snow for at least 15 minutes and is being kept in an artificial coma.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 12:01:44 am »

Oh I hope he's alright, I have a feeling they are ot telling us everything.
Why are they keeping him in a coma?

[/URL]
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 12:21:33 am »

I read in my local Flemish paper that they kept him in the coma for so long to give his brain some time to rest and reduce swelling dontknow
They are slowly bringing him out of the artificial coma at the moment by upping his body temp.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:02 am »

just read this on twitter
Gaeaskywalker Wieteke Bruinenberg
Bad news prince Friso, severe brain damage, will probably never wake up again

I hope that is a old report ?
Please dear god.

[/URL]
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 11:55:18 am »

UPDATE:
Twitter"
 SkyNewsBreak Sky News Newsdesk

Austrian doctors say Dutch Prince Johan Friso suffered brain damage in avalanche last week and may never regain consciousness

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 01:47:15 pm »

Oh Christ.

observer
gossip insider

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 02:37:18 pm »

I'm an ongoing medic and I can testify that to bring somebody back from a coma due to an anoxic situation immediately would be too complicated because of oedemas in the brain and some proteins might become toxic in such an anoxic environment.
Sadly I read now that the anoxic situation caused a cardiac arrest and so both most important organs, the heart and the brain will be of enduring damage.
The last hope is at least bring him back into conciousness, but may as it be, he'll be mentally and physically handicaped the rest of his lifetime.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 03:55:04 pm »

This is just so awful, unimaginable, because he was healthy one day and in a flash he's in a coma.

[/URL]
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 04:20:26 pm »

He may never awake and had damage brain..

http://news.yahoo.com/austrian-doctors-dutch-prince-avalanche-may-never-regain-112154488.html

[
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 06:04:24 pm »

There re medical breakthroughs in medicine every day of the week.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 06:29:08 pm »

He's young and healthy if they let him stay in coma he may eventually wake up, it happened to my husband's friend, he was in a coma three months the doctor's said he would be a vegetable when he awoke from the car accident which put him in a coma, but now four yrs later he is fine, he has healed and he has no brain damage at all. But perhaps a medical person o board would know more.

[/URL]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: