Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 09:21:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutch Prince in critical condition after avalanche  (Read 3276 times)
beline
gossip insider

« on: February 17, 2012, 03:19:42 pm »

Prince Johan Friso, Dutch Queen Beatrix second son, is in critical condition in an Austrian hospital.

https://twitter.com/#!/BreakingNews/status/170517055773220864

He was buried under an avalanche while skiing, and remained trapped for 15 minutes.
Let's hope he'll be okay!
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 04:11:39 pm »

Oh god, that's terrible.
I hope he's going to be ok.

blink

[/URL]
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:20:01 pm »

OMG! Hope he is ok now

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
karla64
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 05:28:29 pm »

I hope he can make it 

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/17/world/europe/austria-royal-avalanche/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

[
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:31:01 pm »

That's just awful.  Saying prayers and hope he does ok.  Geeez.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
berlin
Countess

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 08:28:09 pm »

I'm praying for him.  Hopefully he'll come out whole. 
Gaeaskywalker
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/02/prince_friso_fights_for_his_li.php

Prince Friso of the Netherlands, second son of queen Beatrix, is fighting for his life in an Austrian hospital after being hit by an avalanche while skiing.

The prince, who was skiing off piste with three companions, spent at least 15 minutes under the snow, after a 30-metre wide avalanche swept him down the hillside.

His companions, who escaped the avalanche raised the alarm. Doctors revived the unconscious prince at the scene and he was rushed to hospital in Innsbruck by hospital.

I hope he will be alright. The rest of Royal Family are on their way, but have delay to weather conditions.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:04:08 pm »

Hope he does ok!
Guess he will never ski off-piste again!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 10:07:56 pm »

If he is able to survive.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 03:31:12 am »

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/02/prince_friso_fights_for_his_li.php

Prince Friso of the Netherlands, second son of queen Beatrix, is fighting for his life in an Austrian hospital after being hit by an avalanche while skiing.

The prince, who was skiing off piste with three companions, spent at least 15 minutes under the snow, after a 30-metre wide avalanche swept him down the hillside.

His companions, who escaped the avalanche raised the alarm. Doctors revived the unconscious prince at the scene and he was rushed to hospital in Innsbruck by hospital.

I hope he will be alright. The rest of Royal Family are on their way, but have delay to weather conditions.

Usually critical condition isn't a fatal designation; if he were in 'intensive care,' then that would be reason to worry. I hope to god he is getting out of it and if they could revive him, I am sure that the doctors are optimistic. Being able to revive him is a great sign and I sincerely hope that he pulls through.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
rogue
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 01:49:50 pm »

Lets hope he is able to pull through
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 05:55:43 pm »

Dutch prince's life 'still in danger' after avalanche

Government statement says Prince Johan Friso 'had a calm and stable night'

The only serious problem appeared to be lack of oxygen, with Friso being buried for 20 minutes and the fact that the on-scene reanimation took "pretty long," he was quoted as saying.

Thome was quoted as saying that Friso's body temperature was only 32 degrees Celsius — about 90 degrees Fahrenheit — and that was "reasonably positive" because when temperatures are lower the body can make do with less oxygen.

Thome's remarks were reportedly made to the surgeon husband of Handelsblad reporter Jannetje Koelewijn. The paper said both were in Lech when the accident occured and later in Innsbruck.

After rushing to the hospital from Lech Friday, the queen and Friso's wife, Princess Mabel, paid another visit to the intensive care ward where Friso was being treated. Both women were dressed in black and wearing sunglasses. Mabel put her arm protectively around the queen's shoulders as the two passed a line of waiting journalists without saying anything.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46438490/ns/world_news-europe/

Worse than I thought; if he is in intensive care, then that means that he is worse off; intensive care is one step away from death.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Lieblich
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 12:00:45 pm »

Unfortunately nothing can be determined for another day or two. They have to give it time for any brain swelling to go down before they can scan for activity.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 03:53:54 pm »

It's looking bad though

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 04:14:33 pm »

let's hope his brain didn't get damaged to much by the lack of oxigen

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 06:33:15 pm »

It's looking bad though

Well, we don't know that since (obviously) doctors are bound by confidentiality and only the family knows and they aren't talking.

Miss_Sonya
gossip insider

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 02:38:48 am »

Hopefully he makes a full recovery but 15-20 minutes is a long time to go without oxygen
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 05:59:21 am »

Well, if his vitals are solid, then it is possible that he will pull through. I read on another forum that his vitals were stable and that means that he may very well pull through and end up out of this. It's the vitals that will surely determine if whether or not he lives.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 06:02:54 am »

Any word on lack of oxygen or any kind of damage from the brain to the extremities, KF/Anybody?  God, this is horrible.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss_Sonya
gossip insider

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 06:36:10 am »

^ According to most reports he was buried 15-20 minutes under eithe a metre or a half metre under the snow. And it was reported the he had to be resuscutated when he was pulled free.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 06:38:35 am by Miss_Sonya » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: