Royal Gossip
September 22, 2017, 11:17:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth I  (Read 1282 times)
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« on: August 13, 2013, 11:55:42 pm »

If so she was very flirtatious. I've read rumors online that she and Dudley had a secret love chld.I don't think its true because the queen s lady in waiting and other staff would know of any pregnacy
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:39:08 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 01:00:49 am »

In my opinion she was into heavy petting and loads of flattery.

lothwen
Duchess

Hello. My name is Lothwen, and I am a Harryaholic

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 02:26:02 am »

From what I've read she and Robert Dudley were pretty hot and heavy.  She had her lovers. The "Virgin Queen" moniker came from her not ever marrying.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
Miss Kitty
gossip insider

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 05:35:39 am »

Totally believe she never had sex.
terrajoule
Baroness

Space. The final frontier...

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:09:50 am »

More importantly....

Is this proof the "Virgin" Queen was an imposter in drag? Shocking new theory about Elizabeth I unearthed in historic manuscripts."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337774/Is-proof-Virgin-Queen-imposter-drag-Shocking-new-theory-Elizabeth-I-unearthed-historic-manuscripts.html

Things people come up with... easter-lol

I am a collection of dismantled almosts. -Anne Sexton, from A Self-Portrait In Letters
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 06:29:55 am »

If she had had sex, she would have run an almost 100% chance to get pregnant. Back then there were no birth control measures and she would have been caught out. She had zero privacy and zero ability to hide anything other than her thoughts. I don't think she would risk her virtue, her best asset as reigning queen, for a good pork.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 06:38:48 am »

There were plenty of birth control measures. Maybe not what we have today, but they had them. 

My guess is that she could have been infertile. But I do not believe she was a Virgin.  That was part of her image as England's "Mother" and I think she did that to be associated with Mary, Mother of Jesus.

I\\\'m not going to defend myself against these accusations of \\\"playing both sides.\\\"  If you want to know how I feel about Kate and William, read my posts.  If you want further proof, go to the \\\"other forum\\\" and read my posts there.  I have the same user name for both forums.
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 03:04:24 pm »

I read the queen had a under formed vagina and was incapable of sex.people debate it because its hard to believe a normal woman could remain celibate her whole life
CrystalEve
courtier

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 11:03:35 pm »

More importantly....

Is this proof the "Virgin" Queen was an imposter in drag? Shocking new theory about Elizabeth I unearthed in historic manuscripts."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337774/Is-proof-Virgin-Queen-imposter-drag-Shocking-new-theory-Elizabeth-I-unearthed-historic-manuscripts.html

Things people come up with... easter-lol

Perhaps not quite as far fetched as you might imagine.

Angela Rippon presented this programme below.

Plausible and fascinating!  eating cookies

Watch a BBC TV programme made in 1985 of a day spent exploring the Stroudwater Hills - including Bisley, Minchinhampton Common, Nailsworth and Woodchester.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/content/articles/2008/10/27/dayout_stroudwater_hills_video_feature.shtml
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 04:13:44 pm »

If she had had sex, she would have run an almost 100% chance to get pregnant. Back then there were no birth control measures and she would have been caught out. She had zero privacy and zero ability to hide anything other than her thoughts. I don't think she would risk her virtue, her best asset as reigning queen, for a good pork.

There are ways to have sex without taking the risk of pregnancy. Just ask Bill Clinton and he will tell you how.   tehe
royalwindsorfan
gossip insider

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 11:34:22 pm »

Maybe it was oral sex.did they do that back then?
lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 06:31:04 am »

I believe "oral sex" has been around since the ancient Egyptians.  Possibly even longer than that.  Actually, I would assume that oral sex has been around for as long as humans have been aware that sex is a pleasurable act.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 06:34:36 am »

As indicated by the number of posts on this forum, I have enough mental problems without you guys adding to them with that visual!

As for you Lothwen, you are seriously disturbed just for knowing that.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
lothwen
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 06:40:09 am »

I'm sorry, but what's so "disturbing" about knowing that the act of oral sex has been around for centuries?

That actually really hurt my feelings that you would say something like that.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 09:39:02 am »

I meant it as a joke.

CrystalEve
courtier

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 03:54:09 pm »

There are ways to have sex without taking the risk of pregnancy. Just ask Bill Clinton and he will tell you how.   tehe

Shocked
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 02:05:35 am »

lothwen
I think KF meant it more in the sense of that it's a disturbing thought that someone who usually sounds so nice and proper would know such details about sexual history like that.  shifty
You're not exactly known for lewd jokes and double enteindres around here.
Guess still waters run deep huh easter-wink tehe

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 09:49:44 am »

http://alison-morton.com/2014/03/03/bedsharing-in-the-privy-chamber-of-elizabethi-with-jenny-barden/
Four hundred and fifty years ago, people in England rarely slept alone. Beds were shared with spouses, siblings, close relatives and servants. Even strangers shared beds such as the Great Bed of Ware which could reputedly accommodate ‘at least four couples’.

The sleeping habits of Elizabeth I were no exception; as queen she never enjoyed solitude in her bedchamber. Even as a princess her bedroom was often invaded. The frequent forays into her chamber by her stepfather, Thomas Seymour, when she was only a young teenager, became the subject of investigation during the reign of Edward VI, and led in part to Seymour’s indictment for treason and his later execution. Speculation never completely faded that she may have been violated during one of these romps in which Seymour would ‘strike her upon the back or buttocks familiarly’ or, if he found her in bed, pull back the curtains, sometimes when both parties were in a state of undress, and ‘make as though he would come at her’. After Seymour’s fall, Elizabeth was kept under closer scrutiny, and once she was crowned queen she was never left alone.

In the Privy Chamber of Queen Elizabeth there was in fact no privacy. The Queen always slept with one of her ladies, either on a truckle bed alongside or actually in bed with her. There was never any suggestion that such intimacy was unseemly, or raised the kind of sexual innuendo that we might wonder at today. The Queen’s constant attendance by her ladies was considered essential at all hours of day and night, even during the most personal aspects of her daily routine. Elizabeth’s ladies were responsible for preserving her safety, honour and well-being, and perpetuating the image of her as Gloriana: magnificent and powerful, both chaste and fertile.

So what went on in the Queen’s bedchamber when Her Majesty was within and the Esquires of the Body guarded the doors? In Elizabeth’s Bedfellows Anna Whitelock sheds light on this inner sanctum. Having been disrobed and unveiled; divest of her jewels, wig and gloves; the Queen’s ladies would help her wash her face and feet and then put on her nightgown: a garment of rich fabrics lined with shag, plush or fur (a gown she often wore informally well into the morning). Lastly Elizabeth would climb into her bed ‘beneath silk sheets embroidered with her royal arms and Tudor roses’ which her ladies would have warmed with pans of hot coals after checking the mattresses ‘for fleas or bugs or anything more sinister, least any would-be assassin had hidden… deadly items.’ The Queen lived under constant threat, and even in her bedroom she was never completely free from danger; there were several plots to kill her that involved attacks while she was in the Privy Chamber. Little wonder that she was frightened of the dark and often found it hard to go to sleep. If Elizabeth was feeling troubled or melancholy then her ladies would endeavour to settle her with light entertainment, perhaps music, singing or reading, then the shutters would be closed, the fire banked up, prayers said and the doors locked beyond which the guard stood watch.

And the BRF thinks their lives are so hard. Elizabeth I was actually helping to run the government on top of everything else.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2016, 11:13:14 pm »

The demise of Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand I in July 1564 meant that an alliance of the Holy Roman Empire with England against France and Scotland seemed an attractive option. The possible idea of a marital union between Elizabeth I and Archduke Charles of Austria was brought forth.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 05:22:41 pm »

http://alison-morton.com/2014/03/03/bedsharing-in-the-privy-chamber-of-elizabethi-with-jenny-barden/
Four hundred and fifty years ago, people in England rarely slept alone. Beds were shared with spouses, siblings, close relatives and servants. Even strangers shared beds such as the Great Bed of Ware which could reputedly accommodate ‘at least four couples’.

The sleeping habits of Elizabeth I were no exception; as queen she never enjoyed solitude in her bedchamber. Even as a princess her bedroom was often invaded. The frequent forays into her chamber by her stepfather, Thomas Seymour, when she was only a young teenager, became the subject of investigation during the reign of Edward VI, and led in part to Seymour’s indictment for treason and his later execution. Speculation never completely faded that she may have been violated during one of these romps in which Seymour would ‘strike her upon the back or buttocks familiarly’ or, if he found her in bed, pull back the curtains, sometimes when both parties were in a state of undress, and ‘make as though he would come at her’. After Seymour’s fall, Elizabeth was kept under closer scrutiny, and once she was crowned queen she was never left alone.

In the Privy Chamber of Queen Elizabeth there was in fact no privacy. The Queen always slept with one of her ladies, either on a truckle bed alongside or actually in bed with her. There was never any suggestion that such intimacy was unseemly, or raised the kind of sexual innuendo that we might wonder at today. The Queen’s constant attendance by her ladies was considered essential at all hours of day and night, even during the most personal aspects of her daily routine. Elizabeth’s ladies were responsible for preserving her safety, honour and well-being, and perpetuating the image of her as Gloriana: magnificent and powerful, both chaste and fertile.

So what went on in the Queen’s bedchamber when Her Majesty was within and the Esquires of the Body guarded the doors? In Elizabeth’s Bedfellows Anna Whitelock sheds light on this inner sanctum. Having been disrobed and unveiled; divest of her jewels, wig and gloves; the Queen’s ladies would help her wash her face and feet and then put on her nightgown: a garment of rich fabrics lined with shag, plush or fur (a gown she often wore informally well into the morning). Lastly Elizabeth would climb into her bed ‘beneath silk sheets embroidered with her royal arms and Tudor roses’ which her ladies would have warmed with pans of hot coals after checking the mattresses ‘for fleas or bugs or anything more sinister, least any would-be assassin had hidden… deadly items.’ The Queen lived under constant threat, and even in her bedroom she was never completely free from danger; there were several plots to kill her that involved attacks while she was in the Privy Chamber. Little wonder that she was frightened of the dark and often found it hard to go to sleep. If Elizabeth was feeling troubled or melancholy then her ladies would endeavour to settle her with light entertainment, perhaps music, singing or reading, then the shutters would be closed, the fire banked up, prayers said and the doors locked beyond which the guard stood watch.
And the BRF thinks their lives are so hard. Elizabeth I was actually helping to run the government on top of everything else.

She WAS the government and ever decision that had to be made, had to come to her. She even had to execute her cousin Mary Queen of Scots due to Mary's claim on the English throne and the uncertainty of her birth meant that she was troubled by it for decades because of Mary's determination.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: