Royal Gossip
July 28, 2017, 01:39:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Richard III  (Read 4896 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2015, 04:00:17 pm »

Queen leads tributes to Richard III as remains of last English king to die in battle are finally given a royal burial in Leicester Cathedral

Coffin containing Plantagenet monarch's mortal remains taken to Leicester Cathedral for royal burial this morning
    Queen led tributes in written message to: 'King who lived through turbulent times and whose faith sustained him'
    Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch - believed to be a distant relative of the king - is due to read a 14-line poem entitled Richard penned by poet laureate Carol Ann Duffy at the ceremony
    The king's grave site had been thought lost to history until archaeologists discovered his crook-backed skeleton in the remains of an old monastery beneath a Leicester City Council car park

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3012575/Queen-leads-tributes-Richard-III-remains-English-king-die-battle-finally-given-royal-burial-Leicester-Cathedral.html#ixzz3VVYghGiy

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2015, 10:22:50 pm »

sorry for the double posting but I just realised that the funeral was anglican?!

So they bury him not in the place he wanted for a second time and then the funeral is not even in his religion? They could have done something between the catholic and anglican church or something like that.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Aquitaine
Baroness

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2015, 05:49:08 am »

Alexandrine, I watched the procession/handover from the university to the cathedral live on Sunday and they did have a Catholic/Anglican hybrid service after the cathedral received the body, with Latin prayers and hymns. The channel I was watching actually addressed this issue, the reasoning being that Richard III was an English king and should therefore have the burial of an English king i.e. a burial that would be recognised as a royal one by those who will witness it, even if he predates the Anglican church. There is also (and this is my own personal knowledge, not the presenters' who didn't even mention this point) very little difference between High Anglicanism, which is what the royal family/upper classes practises, and Roman Catholicism, although, confusingly enough, there is definitely a difference between the "normal" Anglicanism practised by most of the UK and Catholicism.

This site explains it much better than I could:

From Webster's Dictionary: "Low Church (1710) tending esp. in Anglican worship to minimize emphasis on the priesthood, sacraments, and the ceremonial in worship and often to emphasize evangelical principles." By contrast: "High Church (1687) tending esp. in Anglican worship to stress the sacerdotal [priestly], liturgical, ceremonial, traditional, and Catholic elements in worship."

Source: http://www.crivoice.org/lowhighchurch.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2015, 04:37:58 pm »

Thank you.

That makes more sense though the argument to have an Anglican service it's not very logical but ok.

I found fascinating your comment on the high/low church. So if you go to a royal service it's more similar to a catholic one than if you just go to a normal service in any town in London? Or how does this work?

D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2017, 02:05:05 am »

Does Richard III's DNA question the Queen's right to the throne? Analysis reveals relative of medaeival monarch may have been conceived out of wedlock

He was one of the nation’s most notorious monarchs in life, and Richard III is still creating controversy more than 500 years after his death.

Genetic analysis of a skeleton discovered beneath a car park in Leicester three years ago has confirmed it did indeed belong to the last Plantagenet king.

Much more intriguingly, it held a secret that could shake the foundations of the Tudor dynasty. The genetic discovery even raises a question mark over the current Queen’s royal heritage.

DNA analysis revealed that one of Richard III’s male relatives was cuckolded - leading to his wife giving birth to another man’s child.

Depending on just who was unfaithful, it could have far-reaching consequences.

An international team of researchers, led by Leicester University, pieced together sections of Richard III’s family tree, right down to relatives who are alive today.

The team then compared the DNA of these living relations with genetic material extracted from the 15th century king’s teeth and bones.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2857524/Does-Richard-III-s-DNA-question-Queen-s-right-throne-Analysis-reveals-relative-monarch-conceived-wedlock.html

King Richards III father is a Spaniard aristocrat prince... from a very, very old royal family in Spain.
King Richard III knew it, his mother told him who his father was & what kind a man he (his father) was.
That's why Richard had the ideology that he had on how progressive he was & catholic.
The spine deformity he had is from his mom (Cecily Neville, Duchess of York) side he's lucky he didn't get his dads side... the schizophrenia which runs in the old houses.
There's your answer.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2017, 11:37:15 pm »

New Evidence  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDHDvnnK4nI

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: