Royal Gossip
March 23, 2019, 03:12:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles II and his lovers  (Read 406 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: March 08, 2012, 04:02:55 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2112014/Ravishing-baroque-portraits-Stuart-women-inhabited-court-merry-monarch-Charles-II-shown-Hampton-Court-exhibition.html

FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 11:40:20 pm »

While a member of the royal court, Frances Stuart, Duchess of Richmond, caught the eye of Charles II. He fell in love with her. He considered the possibility of obtaining a divorce to enable him to make Frances his wife because she had refused to become his mistress.

Really A Baron
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 11:51:41 pm »

I find it sad that Charles II had more illegitimate children and yet not one direct legitimate heir of his body. I know he didn't want to divorce his wife, but thing is, that he had over a dozen illegitimate children, but never had one single heir.

As for Frances Stuart, clear game played well by Anne Boleyn. Interestingly, Charles II never did in fact choose to leave his wife for Frances. I think Charles was still snobbish about bloodlines and would have preferred a royal wife that brought a good bloodline and substantial dowry.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: