Royal Gossip
November 17, 2017, 07:11:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Victoria & Prince Albert  (Read 5635 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 05:34:39 pm »

Her uncle was also kind of weird in his relationships.

And wasn't her cousin as obsessed with her husband as Victoria?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 07:03:23 pm »

Prince Philip has a reputation of making bad comments.

I think QEII could have done just as well with another husbond.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 01:18:03 am »

The D of E has lived long enough to be called a national treasure, and he gave up a very promising naval career when she became Queen.

Can't think of anyone else who could have done his job really.

Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 04:09:07 pm »

HM is lucky that Philip turned out to be such a good choice.  We all know what happens when this family picks the wrong person.

Her uncle was also kind of weird in his relationships.

And wasn't her cousin as obsessed with her husband as Victoria?

Indeed.  There is definitely a pattern with RF in regards to their romantic relationships and the need to attach themselves to one individual.  Imo, it came from their German heritage.

I think QEII could have done just as well with another husbond.

The Queen Mother at first did not want Elizabeth to marry Philip.  Elizabeth met Philip when she was thirteen and from that point on wanted no one else.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 04:18:40 pm »

I think Phillip was not such a great choice, although I can understand the queen, he was very dashing when he was young (he is still the most handsome of the BRF)  flirt flirt

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 02:38:39 pm »

Victoria's secret? New evidence shows Queen Victoria married her Scottish groom and bore him a secret daughter who was spirited to America

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2106204/Victorias-secret-According-tantalising-new-evidence-Queen-Victoria-married-Scottish-groom-bore-secret-daughter-spirited-America.html#ixzz1nP8xzUdZ

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 04:49:38 am »

Victoria's secret? New evidence shows Queen Victoria married her Scottish groom and bore him a secret daughter who was spirited to America

As the Queen advances indefatigably into the year-long festivities for her Diamond Jubilee, thoughts inevitably turn to the last British sovereign who survived to celebrate 60 years on the throne.

Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee in 1897 marked the refulgent patriotic zenith of the British Empire. Standing less than 5ft tall, but nevertheless a towering colossus throughout the world, the iconic Queen Empress gave her name to an age that produced an empire measuring some 40 million square kilometres, with 387 million subjects.

It was an age characterised by extreme sexual repression, strait-laced morality and invincible ignorance. Victoria flatly refused to allow her government to legislate against lesbianism, not because she approved of it, but because she regarded it as a physical impossibility.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2106204/Victorias-secret-According-tantalising-new-evidence-Queen-Victoria-married-Scottish-groom-bore-secret-daughter-spirited-America.html#ixzz1nSb8OkvE

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »

Very interesting KF.   thankyou for sharing the article.

Live The Life You Were Meant To Live And Live Honestly.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »

I do wonder if something like this could have happened; back then it was easy to keep a secret and I don't see how or why QV couldn't have perhaps ended up having a full affair. She was a passionate woman and it's not like anyone would have the guts to tell and then she could have easily spirited a kid out and kept the kid in the dark.

I wonder if in fact said kid would have a claim to the throne, since the kid would have been born in wedlock and also the child of the Queen, which would make the legitimate descendants legitimate inheritors of the title "Prince/Princess" and possible contenders for the throne.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2012, 07:11:57 pm »

I think it could be possible too, I think if we knew for certain some of the things that went down with the Royals and Aristocracy our eyes would be on stalks.

Funnily enough, talking about offspring sprung from the wrong side of the blanket, my grandfather's family have their roots in Wolferton, Norfolk (next to Sandringham)  and my grandfather and uncle (both dead now) were dead ringers for King George and the Duke of Windsor - I often wonder whether they were descended from a tumble with the randy Royal Edward VII and one of the villagers  :*butt*:   

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 07:13:25 pm »

She gave birth to a baby goat !!!!   tehe

This "story" has given me some jolly good giggles.. load of tosh.

There is on story I give credence to regarding Victoria is her half sister who was born in Canada.

Victoria and John Brown .. not a hope . the woman had a prolapsed uterus, after the birth of Beatrice, for goodness sake.

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 07:35:12 pm »

I wish people would not believe everything they read.

Victoria was in her forties, had a prolapsed uterus, and had been warned by her doctor against having anymore children after Beatrice.

She loved Brown, in her own way, because he treated her as a woman, in fact, he called her "Wuman"  easter-lol

When Albert died, she said "No One will ever call me Victoria again"!

Poor lady, I think this shoddy story should be put where it belongs.. in the rubbish tip.

Catrina
courtier

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 08:01:15 pm »

I think the whole point of this article is about telling people "There may be alternatives to our current Royal Family"
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 08:28:07 pm »

There is on story I give credence to regarding Victoria is her half sister who was born in Canada.

oooh, never heard this before, who was that?

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 10:34:19 pm »

I think the whole point of this article is about telling people "There may be alternatives to our current Royal Family"

I think that this is quiet possibly true; there are other dynasties and royal families that would make excellent monarchs of Britain and there are more than enough aristocratic families great enough that would end up making excellent monarchs as well. Most of them have more than enough English blood to ensure a connection, a common touch, but not being common like Kate and the Midds.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 07:56:51 am »

oooh, never heard this before, who was that?

Victoria's father had a long-term relationship, of 28 years standing, with Julie de St Laurent.  There are rumours of them having a child/children while in Canada but their is no proof.  Edward never acknowledged any such child, unlike his brothers who did tend to acknowledge their illegitimate offspring - particularly his older brother William.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 12:05:13 am »

I think that this is quiet possibly true; there are other dynasties and royal families that would make excellent monarchs of Britain and there are more than enough aristocratic families great enough that would end up making excellent monarchs as well. Most of them have more than enough English blood to ensure a connection, a common touch, but not being common like Kate and the Midds.

I find I must correct you and say BRITISH blood, Diana was more Royal than our present Royals .. due to her Stuart connections.. but I would hardly want Gerald Grosvenor, Duke of Westminster as my King. nervous

Meememe is quite right, and there is more chance of a child from that union, than one from Queen Victoria and Brown.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:08:37 am by Tatiana » Logged

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 06:52:21 am »

Diana was not more royal than the BRF.  Sure she was descended from Charles II - but Charles is a descendent of Charles II's grandfather James I and VI so he has as much Stuart in him as Diana - through Charles I's sister and Charles II's cousin - The Electress Sophia of Hannover through whom the present royal family claim the throne.

This is the furphy put out by people who simply don't wish to acknowledge the Stuart background of the BRF as some kind of negativity in them and tried to make out that Diana was more royal than the family into which she married.  Charles has many more royal lines through his father to add to the number he has through his mother - through his father Charles adds the more recent Russians as well as some more minor Germans while Charles and Diana have the same royal ancestors from the Stuart's back.

Camilla and Sarah are also both descendents of Charles II (very few of the British aristocracy probably isn't as he didn't believe in keeping his marriage vows but kept changing his mistresses when they bored him).
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 03:10:17 am »

Diana was not more royal than the BRF.  Sure she was descended from Charles II - but Charles is a descendent of Charles II's grandfather James I and VI so he has as much Stuart in him as Diana - through Charles I's sister and Charles II's cousin - The Electress Sophia of Hannover through whom the present royal family claim the throne.

This is the furphy put out by people who simply don't wish to acknowledge the Stuart background of the BRF as some kind of negativity in them and tried to make out that Diana was more royal than the family into which she married.  Charles has many more royal lines through his father to add to the number he has through his mother - through his father Charles adds the more recent Russians as well as some more minor Germans while Charles and Diana have the same royal ancestors from the Stuart's back.

Camilla and Sarah are also both descendents of Charles II (very few of the British aristocracy probably isn't as he didn't believe in keeping his marriage vows but kept changing his mistresses when they bored him).

Diana was a direct descendant three times over of King Charles II, and actually had more BRITISH ROYAL BLOOD in her than does Prince Charles. In terms of lineage, therefore, Prince William is the most royal heir to the throne for hundreds of years.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 05:14:24 am »

Diana is a descendent of Charles II - no doubt but to say she has more British royal blood (whatever that is) is rubbish when Charles can trace his descent from every King/Queen of the UK except Anne, George IV, William IV and Edward VIII.  The first monarch of a unified Britain was Anne ruling out Diana's descent from any British monarch at all.

Charles has the following monarchs of British realms in his ancestry - Elizabeth II, George VI, George V, Edward VII, Victoria, George III, George II, George I, James I and VI, Henry VII, and on backwards.

Diana can add Charles I and Charles II but has to take awary five Georges, Victoria, Edward VII and the present Queen.

We know that Diana, along with many other people regard the present BRITISHroyal family as German but
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: