Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 04:25:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Victoria & Prince Albert  (Read 5649 times)
Nighthawk
Princess

« on: March 12, 2011, 03:38:25 pm »

Osborne House, Queen Victoria's island home to be renamed
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12711777
Queen Victoria's former palace on the Isle of Wight is having an official name change to Royal Osborne.

The 342 acre estate at East Cowes, currently known as Osbourne House, was bought by Prince Albert and Queen Victoria in 1845.

It was the couple's main residence with their nine children.

An English Heritage spokesman said: "We hope that people will be delighted with the new name and will celebrate this royal association."

The name change will come into effect from 1 April.

Queen Victoria died at the palace in 1901 after reigning for nearly 64 years.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 12:26:34 pm »

'Why must I suffer like this? It's tearing the flesh from my bones': How Queen Victoria's obsessive love for her dead husband nearly destroyed the monarchy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2054613/Magnificent-Obsession-Victoria-Albert-And-The-Death-That-Changed-The-Monarchy.html#ixzz1cGdoXHL3

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »

I think that is how HM would react if Philip dropped dead from illness.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:21:37 pm »

I don't see QEII behaving as QV even if PP had died when he was forty. I don't get that she has the same kind of dependence on PP, I even think that they live quite separate lives.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 10:19:27 pm »

No way; HM said ehrself that if not for Philip, she would not have been able to carry on and I don't see how she WOULD go on. I mean, Queen Victoria lived for her husband, but HM isn't as sturdy as Victoria was. She's more of a countrywoman motherly type and HM has to work a lot harder to assert her authority in public and private. With Queen Victoria there was never any dispute over who was in charge. HM and Philip might be somewhat independent, but I don't think that Philip would be half the man he is if he hadn't married HM and I don't think HM would have made it this far without Philip. Since her marriage she's been Queen and there is no way she could have done it alone and I think that when Philip goes, she will go too and vice versa. They really couldn't be without each other. They are only as strong as the other and how else could HM have done so well?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 02:23:13 am »

HM is a most sensible woman, who is not known for being overly emotional.

As older couples do, they come to accept one of them will predecease the other.

Its a sad fact of long marriages.

HM is made of steely determination and duty, after all Churchill was her mentor in the early days of her reign.

She would never do such a thing as has been suggested, its not in her to do so.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 11:35:28 pm »

In Buckingham Palace, David Owen Norris and guests hear Queen Victoria's favourite songs. Featuring Victoria's gold piano and music written specially for her to play with Albert.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b017ng3m/The_iPod_Series_Queen_Victorias_iPod/

Lady Artemis
gossip insider

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 10:03:50 am »

Ahhhh this here in essence is what an ideal royal couple is all about, intelligence, romance,genuine interests, served well for the kingdom!!!

William could have just that but instead........ easter-James

William had the Chance to marry an Albert instead he married a Boleyn!!!  oooh
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 12:59:40 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNsQRkHjoGQ

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2073792/Queen-Victorias-unbearable-grief-death-Prince-Albert.html

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 01:21:26 am »

ps  Today was the 150th anniversary of Albert's death.

Catrina
courtier

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 02:04:30 am »

It's amazing to hear her voice! Even if it's just a few seconds.

I ended up watching an entire documentary on her, thanks to this video  easter-egg-basket
Gwendolyn
Baroness

Stupor Mundi

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 02:39:42 am »

Thank you for sharing this with us, Tatiana.  flower

"A still more glorious dawn awaits." --Carl Sagan
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 02:41:36 am »

Most Welcome  hug

berlin
Countess

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 03:35:42 am »

Thanks Tatiana!  I never thought I'd hear her voice!!
Mada
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 11:34:48 am »

thankyou Tatiana !!

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 01:55:06 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2074595/Prince-Alberts-death-finally-solved-150-years-suffering-Crohns-disease.html

The truth about how Prince Albert died has finally been solved - 150 years after his death.
Historians have discovered that Queen Victoria's beloved Albert died not from typhoid fever as Victorian doctors assumed but by Crohn's disease.
The inflammatory bowel condition was not known to medical science at the time of his death just before Christmas in 1841 but is treatable today.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2074595/Prince-Alberts-death-finally-solved-150-years-suffering-Crohns-disease.html#ixzz1getr5Pns
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:56:48 am by Tatiana » Logged

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 09:45:43 pm »

Royal portraits they didn’t want us to see

http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/story-14400459-detail/story.html

very cute pictures!

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 07:32:49 am »

I have seen most of these, and dont see why they shouldnt be seen.

Victoria had artistic talents.

Her Highland Journals are full of them.

Lovely sketches .. Thanks Alex

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 12:14:39 pm »

Bengal Lancers parading through London and knees-ups in New Zealand: As our Queen marks her Diamond Jubilee, how Victoria's global subjects celebrated hers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2096332/A-glorious-global-Jubilee-As-Queen-marks-Diamond-Jubilee-Victorias-300-million-subjects-celebrated-hers.html#ixzz1lPlfHLP6

Grey Mare
Countess

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »

'Why must I suffer like this? It's tearing the flesh from my bones': How Queen Victoria's obsessive love for her dead husband nearly destroyed the monarchy

I keep saying that it is genetic.  eating cookies
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: