Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 04:25:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George VI & Queen Elizabeth  (Read 5238 times)
Mia
Baroness

« on: January 24, 2011, 03:50:38 pm »

Daily Mail: How BBC bosses ordered me to downplay the Queen Mother's death

Then, as I walked towards the newsroom door to go to the studio, the weekend editor caught me up. ‘Don’t go overboard,’ he said, ‘she’s a very old woman who had to go some time.’

At this point, the script was still being written and I hadn’t seen it. If only we’d had that extra hour I could have written it myself. I went into the studio. Still no script. The first time I was going to see it was when it appeared on the autocue. Three, two, one. On air. The ­autocue screen lit up, and I read what was on it.

It's an interesting piece... Nice to see how he handled both occasions, Diana's and Queen Mother's death...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:56:00 pm »

Why is the British press so hostile to the RF? It's not like the BRF picks fights with them and actually censors them like in some fascist country.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:05:58 pm »

Because they are privileged for simply being born in a certain family and they are the role model they are suppose to be. I can see where the resentment comes from  sauer

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Raisie
Countess

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 12:02:47 am »

Why is the British press so hostile to the RF? It's not like the BRF picks fights with them and actually censors them like in some fascist country.
Because they are privileged for simply being born in a certain family and they are the role model they are suppose to be. I can see where the resentment comes from  sauer

Exactly!  thumbsup

"Only do what your heart tells you."
- Princess Diana

‎"There is no civilization living today which did not originate in the work and effort of Monarchy"
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 11:07:57 am »

I meant they are not the role model they are suppose to be  sorry

Also thank you Mia for the article is really interesting to see the change of perception of the BRF.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mooster
Duchess

"William, stop worrying...the paps wouldn't dare!"

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 11:47:00 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123012/Queen-Mother-Fury-books-claim-her-brother-born-familys-French-cook.html

OMG, I know things should be up for discussion but did the DM really have to print this on the day of the QM memorial  bignono

Diana, Zac, Jemima, Ben and Sir James Goldsmith    

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 11:56:44 pm »

Rubbish, at least the pics are nice. She was very beautiful as young girl.
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 12:05:17 am »

The Queen Mother was an absolutely beautiful little girl  flirt  It's interesting that they've touched on the subject of surrogacy - particularly as we've been discussing Waity's ability to conceive.  The article says that it was more common than acknowledged because of entailment etc - when you think about it, it didn't really matter who the mother was as long as long as the titled male procreated to produce an heir (or two/three or more) and brought it up with his wife as her own.  Ummm, perhaps we might have a non Middleton heir as long as Willy can provide the surrogate with his Royal Sperm  blink

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »

"Lady" Colin Campbell... ridiculous creature, has been spouting toxic drivel for some years now.

Born George Zaidie .. calls itself Georgie, or Lady Colin now.

If she/he told me what the weather was, I should have to go look out the window to make sure.

Campbell .. Gaelic for "twisted mouth or liar".   Nuff Said.

I really liked this comment :

In her book about Charles and Diana she went on and on how Princesss Diana was completely imaging some crazy affair with camilla parker bowles and how nothing of the sort ever happened and charles and camilla were just good friends. This lady has never known anything and still doesn't know anything
- Julia

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123012/Queen-Mother-Fury-books-claim-her-brother-born-familys-French-cook.html#ixzz1qiRlZzhQ

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 07:06:43 pm »

laugh  Lady Colin Campbell cracks me up laughing, when I've seen her interviewed in the past. She's a bit cookoo, imo, but she does love to gossip and it's ALWAYS Juicy.
She tells the most sorid tales about Royalty ,it's interesting reading but all of her stories are hard to prove,she bases things on gossip mostly. She loves to be the gossipy writer of the "supposed"  sorid,secret  tales of the Royal family.
I heard somewhere years ago, that a host of some big Aristo party, let her know she was persona-no-grata.

She thought her book about Charles and Diana was going to get her brownie points with Charles, because she totally trashed Diana, I think instead it got her off lists all over England.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:11:26 pm by serene grace » Logged

[/URL]
Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 07:35:26 pm »

We need to keep a tally here with all the alleged Royal Bedhopping, so far we have:

QM's real mother is Welsh maid/French cook (take your pick)
Prince Andrew sired by Lord Porchester
Prince Edward sired by Baron Patrick Plunket
Prince Harry sired by James Hewitt
Princess Diana sired by Sir James Goldsmith
Zara sired by Peter Cross, one of Princess Anne's bodyguards

laugh laugh...have I missed anyone out?

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 08:03:19 pm »

Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out that in the end Charley was the irregular child of the four? easter-lol
Just think that would make Andrew the 'true' heir, (shudder)
hmm would make sense, seeing as how he's the favourite of mummy.. sly
Would also explain a bit about the resentments Charley feels towards some of them, if he turned out to be....
Not that it matters of course, nobody would ever breath a word about it; the scandal would be to large!

BTW none of the above has any hard proof or gossip to sustain it, I'm just letting my mind spin a little.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 09:18:22 pm »

http://www.caribbeanbelle.com/interviews/images/Lady-Colin-Campbell-1.jpg

My what big hands he has .. easter-lol

Mooster
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 09:35:47 pm »

What is her reputation as a writer, is her work reliably sourced?  I get the impression that she's way off the mark, judging by the comments in the DM  Lips Sealed

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 12:01:28 am »

Very few take her seriously in the UK, or Canada or Australia for that matter.

She gets interviewed by some european media and US media.

She/he writes about the RF as if she/he knows them, she/he does not, she/he was ONCE at the same event as Diana, as were hundreds of others, but they never actually met.

If she's an Aristo .. then I am the sugar plum fairy.  tehe        

He/she is a joke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1xphVAkhSo

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:03:20 am by Tatiana » Logged

Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 12:41:02 am »

http://www.diomedia.de/imageDetails.do?imageId=4234653

Judging by the ladies of Glamis, that cook must have been too busy to make more than gravy .. 

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 10:35:08 pm »

Craig Brown Book of the Week: Queen of the thank-you letter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/article-2213804/Craig-Brown-Book-Week-Queen-thank-letter.html

Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »

Fascinating.  I wish I could time-travel back to the nineties, gain access to Clarence House, and stop PM burning those letters!  I would love to know what PD said to the QM.

The QM really was a troubled individual. So resentful, melodramatic, and histrionic.  A champion manipulator.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Spice
Countess

William and Lupo: the real royal love match

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 11:25:56 pm »

She taught PC everything he knows.

Citizen not subject - I support the Republic UK and Republic NZ campaigns for system reform.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 07:03:41 pm »

Don't let the foul critics upset you, my darling Charles. Everyone LOVES you! The wickedly irreverent, funny and intimate new book revealing nine decades of the Queen Mother's private letters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2214068/Dont-let-critics-upset-darling-Charles-Everyone-LOVES-The-wickedly-irreverent-funny-intimate-new-book-reveals-decades-Queen-Mothers-private-letters.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: