Royal Gossip
November 17, 2017, 10:50:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene Wittstock: The Sad Princess?  (Read 8702 times)
observer
gossip insider

« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2012, 12:59:06 pm »

She wants to be the next Grace Kelly, just like Kate wants to be the next Diana  Kate-Horror-Queen

I think nor Kate nor Charlene want ot be somebody else -they just want to be themselves, simply starting by reason of self confidence.
OK! No future queen or real princess can go around like ugly ducklings, but they'll find a way for their own style.
With what or whom the folks compare them shouldn't matter.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2012, 02:55:37 pm »

Actually I think they have little self confidence, it can be observed in the loss of weight of Kate and all the surgeries Charlene had done to her face.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
observer
gossip insider

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2012, 08:29:49 am »

It's easy as that: the official French language is way more harsh to grammar and phonetics than any other language. Every child in a French speaking country is taught even to correct somebodies speech if it lacks -as mentioned- grammar a/o phonetics.
Charlene simply fears that speaking in "Frenglish" would raise some eyebrows.
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2012, 06:00:10 pm »

She lives now 10 years in Monaco! I think she is just dumb. As if Albert marries a smart woman  laugh
Well Monaco is soon the property of some Russian billionaires, so maybe learning Russian is better  shifty
observer
gossip insider

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2012, 03:48:45 pm »

.... Some of the old pictures of Charlene were hideous! Messed up teeth, aparently she had a wandering eye, was previously looking like a man. ... ...:

However, I agree she looks better now. Apparently, according to that forum, Charlene's dumber than a rock, but all in all, she looks much better since she's begun her cosmetic surgeries, even with the "fishing line" snags underneath her skin. At least now she has poise. ...

All I hope is that the dope (modified testosteron etc.) she had to intake for being a top athlete didn't destroy her feminity! Hopefuly Albert ordered to check that!
But Mr. Casirraghi as next head of Monaco would be not such a bad alternative.
thtregoddess11
courtier

« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2012, 06:26:38 pm »

She will.  Grace Kelly didn't speak french (fluently, if at all) when she married, either, but ended up comfortable in the language. 

My thoughts exactly. It's going to take time for Princess Charlene as well. I read somewhere that when Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie were children, and began to speak, they would make fun of Princess Grace if her French wasn't perfect like theirs (which was  commonly occurred apparently).

It was rumored that before the wedding, Princess Charlene took an intensive French course at a language school in Monaco.

I read somewhere that if someones over 12 years old, it's harder for them to grasp a whole new language. Thus why there are all those kid shows in English and various other languages-to teach them from an early age about diversity and language.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »

But Grace had not been dating Rainier for five years before the marriage. You cannot compare situations imo. And it's not about the accent she hasn't shown that she has learned much french at all.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2012, 07:11:05 pm »

If she doesn´t speaks it now or at least can give interviews in French, she won´t speak it in future. She doesn´t strikes me as someone who is keen to learn everything about her new home.
thtregoddess11
courtier

« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2012, 07:07:27 am »

But Grace had not been dating Rainier for five years before the marriage. You cannot compare situations imo. And it's not about the accent she hasn't shown that she has learned much french at all.

Perhaps learning the country's language came secondary to learning how it operates? What if she ever has to act as a regent for her minor child should Albert die? Ever thought of that? Perhps now she's taking her language studies more seriously that the wedding is over and she's performed a few public duties solo. Or perhaps she's just more comfortable speaking English as it's her native tounge, and she really speaks French quite well. We don't know that. It's unfair to make that assumption when we're not around her 24/7.

thtregoddess11
courtier

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2012, 08:11:58 am »

She wants to be the next Grace Kelly, just like Kate wants to be the next Diana  Kate-Horror-Queen

That about covers it. I've started to wonder why Catherine hasn't gone under the knife or dyed her hair yet...

From my count, Princess Charlene has had 17 surgeries to transform herself to Grace....luckily she was already naturally blonde, easter-lol....

observer
gossip insider

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »

Where's the problem?
The main language of the famous Queen Victoria of UK was still German. Nobody blamed her for that.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2012, 06:58:21 am »

This is an old article and I couldn't find it already posted, but it's really amazing how accurate it is.  If it's a dupe, mods, I apologize.

http://thegloss.com/culture/reasons-why-charlene-wittstock-is-cooler-than-kate-middleton/gallery-page/10/

It's a slideshow so I can't put in text.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
HC
Countess

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2012, 11:50:32 am »

Charlene had definitely a much more appropriate look at her wedding than Kate, as Kates dress was a ordinary yet expensive gown.

But I can't help thinking that a woman that marries a man like Albert, can't be a woman of substance.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2012, 01:31:24 pm »

I think her Olypmic training background is something that took a lot of discipline and she stayed with it for over 15years and Charlene also had a few of her own charities through her sport long before meeting Pr.Albert.  I also think for her first year she has done a much better job than Kate, even if the press ignores it.

[/URL]
anobserver
courtier

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2012, 02:02:59 pm »

I thought Charlene's wedding look was much more inspiring than Kate's. So much so that I modified/copied her hairstyle for my own big day!
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2012, 02:08:59 pm »

^It's funny you should say that because I'm thinking about getting my hair cut the same way as she does (from the recent lunch) for summer.  I haven't taken the lead on copying anyone's 'look' in a very long time. 

And I shared it with a couple of my girlfriends and their first reactions were "Wow, who's she?"  They were just impressed with the whole glam effect and overall presence they saw.  It was immediate.  She's going to be a person to watch, I think.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
anobserver
courtier

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2012, 04:45:35 pm »

I love her new haircut, too!

I'm amused that your girlfriends were impressed with her look when people didn't know who she was. I got tons of compliments on my wedding hair (even though I'm a brunette) but when I said 'Princess Charlene' or 'she just married the CP of Monaco' I got completely blank looks. Initially one person thought she was related to Grace Kelly when they saw her photo, but I had to explain that she married Grace's son!

Ironically, not a single person said I should have copied anything about WK's look  shifty
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »

I think most people, except Royal watcher's don't know who Charlene is.  In some ways that's good, she can grow without the extreme world media spotlight on her everyday. My husband asked me was that one of Princess Diana's cousins, Pr.William was talking to?  sigh He said she's pretty.

[/URL]
thtregoddess11
courtier

« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2012, 06:18:54 am »

^ I think you're right, SG. Most non-royal watchers wouldn't know there were more royalty than the British royals as they take up 80% of the international media attention.
That irritates me. Especially when a magazine line Hello! or People reports that Catherine walked their dog-who really cares? Normal people do that daily, and other royals do it too-why is someone who hasn't done much of ANYTHING to deserve it getting the media attention?

And reason #10 why Charlene is Cooler: Her title is hers in her own right. She's not Princess William, The Duchess of Cambridge. and with Charlene, her title gives her a name (unlike Catherine's) instead of being The Princess of Monaco (like the Duchess is The Duchess of Cambridge), she is Princess Charlene of Monaco.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2013, 03:23:29 pm »

http://www.laineygossip.com/Princess-Charlene-and-rugby-player-Byron-Kelleher-cheating-rumours/26911

Though the article says that spanish press is not reliable the newspaper that published this is considered pro monarchist and very serious. It is not a tabloid at all.

On the other hand the spanish press dislikes Albert a lot since he questioned the security in Madrid in case we celebrated the Olympics.

But it appears in vogue italia

http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-starscelebsmodels/star-news/2013/05/charlene-wittstock-cheats-on-alberto-di-monaco-flirt-with-rugby-player

where it was announced that Andrea and Tatiana would marry  shifty

Will Albert sue?  bored3

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: