Royal Gossip
September 22, 2017, 05:27:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene Wittstock: The Sad Princess?  (Read 8294 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2011, 09:23:08 pm »

Who cares if she doesn't speak French fluently yet?

With all the women Albert's been with, OF COURSE she didn't think she'd end up marrying him. She probably thought he'd stay a bachelor, but was having fun dating him.

Charlene has been studying French for a while now. And just because someone doesn't pick up languages quickly does not mean they are stupid or unintelligent. There are MANY different kinds of intelligence, and not everyone has the gift for languages.

I think some people are just angry and bitter and want the worst for Charlene even though she hasn't done anything. And Albert has made mistakes, and he is/has been a bit promiscuous, but at least he's paying child support; the same cannot be said for A LOT of men with children.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:35 pm »

I may have the facts wrong but I think Albert didn't recognise the two children as his and if he paid money it was more to shut up the mothers than anything else.

Coste, who is not married and has two older sons, told Paris-Match that Albert initially encouraged her to keep the child, promising to support it, but later changed his mind, concerned that a son born to a woman who was not his wife could complicate his succession to the throne.

After the birth, Coste said, technicians were sent by Albert's lawyers to collect DNA samples from the child to confirm that Albert was the father, and when Alexandre was 2½ months old, he visited the child. She told the magazine that the prince had since agreed to pay her an undisclosed sum every three months to support her son.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/05/world/europe/05iht-monaco.html

The problem some people have with Charlene is the same one some have with Kate that they are glorified trophy wives who are only with their new husbands because of money and power.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2011, 10:17:03 pm »

Yes, of course those people want the worst for Charlene and are angry and bitter

What else  TCP painting easter egg
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2011, 02:49:54 am »

^^

What was that for? blink

I wasn't saying anyone in particular. Some people who are angry and bitter want the worst for Charlene. Like those people in Monaco who were feeding stories to the press about Charlene's supposed trying to flee the country (even though her brother said she did visit, so apparently she did leave at some point and they got their facts wrong).

There are people who don't like Charlene for whatever reason, but I was talking about the people who are angry and bitter and don't want anyone to be happy.

Please don't quote the post above yours ~ Alex
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:01:44 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2011, 09:06:44 pm »

Maybe because it was not clear who you were referring to? You didn't specify who was bitter and it looked like it was directed to the people who didn't like Charlene in the forum.

The story about her leaving Monaco before the wedding was published in a legit newspaper who knew they were going to be sued so they must have something to back up that. The palace admitted that he had paternity claims, and Charlene's behaviour in the two ceremonies didn't change anyone's mind about the whole thing.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2011, 09:55:56 pm »

Sorry, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. Unless I specifically quote someone or mention specific usernames, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR. This is not the only forum I visit, and I read through quickly. I don't usually have time to reply to people individually (otherwise I'd mention their username or quote their post).  thankyou

BOT- I am just sad at how pessimistic people (IN GENERAL) have become. (See, again, I am NOT mentioning anyone specifically.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:58:39 pm by leogirl » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2011, 10:22:00 pm »

Hey Leogirl though you don't mention names people can get offended because they feel that is an indirect jab (not saying that your objective now or ever was that one!). It's easy to misconstrue the meaning of a post in a forum as we don't know the other person and we don't hear the voice.

flower

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2011, 10:22:49 pm »

Guess it's easier to believe the bad stuff then the good
I mean look at the thing with zara and mike they looked so in love and cuddly I would have never seen that one coming!
When you think the worst of ppl they can hardly disappoint you ya know.. hide
Plus I'm in my grumpy werewolf phase of the moon so  TCP baking cookies

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2011, 10:26:32 pm »

So many fairy tales marriages have gone wrong that it's difficult to believe them now.

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2011, 02:10:16 am »

I think people have far too many expectations of royal women. I mean, with Albert's baggage he didn't have too many women interested in him and he could only take what he could get. Is Charlene supposed to just cure a disease? Is she supposed to start globetrotting and beg Western nations for more money for South Africa? There is a huge recession and she should enjoy herself and take her time. It's not like Monaco is so prominent on the world stage that they have to go to high level meetings on a regular basis.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2011, 10:43:40 pm »

with Albert's baggage he didn't have too many women interested in him and he could only take what he could get

Yes the problem was Albert who is a douchebag playboy, one of the reasons I don't like Charlene: if you marry him to get the princess title you don't have many scruples.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2011, 01:44:29 am »

I wouldn't presume to know what Charlene's intentions were but when you get into that stratosphere, things have a way of getting murky, re marriage.  If it's goofy on my level, and it has been in my world and others', it's got to be even more weird on theirs.

The point is, to me, is that she's doing something and that seems to be her role to do so and yet keeping her autonomy.  Honestly, I admire that.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2011, 04:48:13 am »

Charlene comes from a background of some professional distinction and people don't become successful if they are not pragmatic about a lot of things that 'normal' people would otherwise shy away from. A lot of these people in that stratosphere are often very clinical about their marriages, who they think is suitable, and who is going to be the best possible parent or the best possible social asset to their lives beyond momentary romantic feeling. She's smart in some ways about her future and she knew that Albert has a lot of baggage, but at the same time, he offers a lot of security and a lot of generosity. He's letting her live her own life and she isn't being a fool or making scandals. She's a knockout and has no baggage of her own, which is a rare thing.

Kate's motives are obvious, but maybe Charlene brings a part of him out in private that we don't see. He has unpleasant habits and unpleasant baggage is there, but he looks like a geenrous husband and grateful that Cahrlene married him.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2011, 05:08:39 am »

A generous husband is a good thing, KF, a hostage husband (in my mind, PW), is another.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
golden_heart
royal watcher

« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2011, 02:40:42 pm »

She wants to be the next Grace Kelly, just like Kate wants to be the next Diana  Kate-Horror-Queen

Charlene has chances to be the next Grace Kelly in appearence and next Diana in humanity and soul,but Kate never !!!  sauer
Grace
Countess

« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2011, 06:24:48 pm »

Agree totally! thumbsup Kiss

Catrina
courtier

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2011, 07:31:28 pm »

June, it's interesting that you brought up Kate having a nose job.  Serene Grace actually said something similar about a year or so ago and she even had photos to prove it.  I don't have that link, unfortunately but Serene may still have the photo.  But yes, I agree, Kate's nose somehow looked different than it was while @ college.

Kate's nosejob is actually recorded on goodplasticsurgery.com, they exposed it after the engagement announcement.

Also, has anyone else noticed old Charlene looks a lot like Camilla?  shifty
golden_heart
royal watcher

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2011, 02:43:05 pm »

June, it's interesting that you brought up Kate having a nose job.  Serene Grace actually said something similar about a year or so ago and she even had photos to prove it.  I don't have that link, unfortunately but Serene may still have the photo.  But yes, I agree, Kate's nose somehow looked different than it was while @ college.

Kate's nosejob is actually recorded on goodplasticsurgery.com, they exposed it after the engagement announcement.

How you can say this ? Before she was ugly yes,but now Charlene is very pretty woman with warm heart and not like Camilla.I did not find things to compare between them...! Angry
Ceridwen
Baroness

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2011, 07:02:47 am »

I must agree she looks much more attractive. But no matter what she does, she's NEVER going to be Grace Kelly.  noway

Completely agree  thumbsup

Mada
Baroness

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2011, 11:00:52 pm »

Do you mean the old picture of Charlene when she didn't have all the surgery, right ? I thought I was the only one thinking that... laugh

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: