Royal Gossip
November 17, 2017, 10:51:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene Wittstock: The Sad Princess?  (Read 8703 times)
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »

http://www.celebitchy.com/183731/princess_charlene_in_paris_im_quite_independent_i_will_do_it_my_way/

She was attending to a fashion event in Paris.

Some of her quotes:

Would she ever go high street shopping like the Duchess of Cambridge, only recently spotted browsing through Topshop? “I wouldn’t want to compare myself to her.”
   lmao

“I think that would be expected of me in the near future. But I have just taken a bit of a break. I think, like [anyone], I need time to adjust. I just got married.” And for the first time she laughed. She conceded that learning French is a struggle, but that she’s working at it. “Step by step: it’s coming along but it takes time.”

“Honestly I don’t want to be too cut-off. But obviously the press haven’t been really good for us in the past. And that started before the wedding and the sources had come from British [newspapers]. And I was like ‘Why?’ So I’m speaking to the enemy now.”

We’re surprised, we responded, that she doesn’t have a much larger security detachment. A steely glint entered her eye: “I don’t like that. I’m quite independent.”

Yet how could you ever live a fairly normal life now you are a Grimaldi princess? “I will,” she said with slow and deliberate emphasis, then paused and added: “Do it my way. I think for anyone living in a new country and adapting to a new lifestyle, it’s a different role. I was an Olympic swimmer, I lived in a swimsuit, I lived on tour.”

You go, Charlene !

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 06:37:01 pm »

YEAH CHARLENE!  Spooky-bat
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 06:42:08 pm »

I'm beginning to like her more and more!  Way to go, Charlene!!

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 11:30:28 pm »

I like how she owns up to the fact that she is used ot traveling and not being on call;

We’re surprised, we responded, that she doesn’t have a much larger security detachment. A steely glint entered her eye: “I don’t like that. I’m quite independent.”

This is just what the Grimaldis need, someone with discipline and steel in the bloodline.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2011, 03:13:03 am »

Absotively, KF.  If you're going to be at that high of a calibre, then show us what ya got!  And she is.  I'm impressed.

Whoah!  And she has a mind of her own.  HA!  Calling Waity!!!!

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2011, 04:53:15 am »

I think if given the chance, (give her time to adjust to royal life and him time to adjust to being monogamous), this marriage could be a success for the Grimaldi dynasty. But it will not be easy. Only time will tell. I am hoping for the best for Charlene and Albert.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2011, 05:26:02 am »

Exactly, LG, let's give her time.  But, she's already shown signs of having a mind of her own and a MISSION of her own.  I, as an American, find that IMPORTANT.

Rock on, Charlene.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2011, 05:43:48 am »

Absotively, KF.  If you're going to be at that high of a calibre, then show us what ya got!  And she is.  I'm impressed.

Whoah!  And she has a mind of her own.  HA!  Calling Waity!!!!

She can afford to since she could have moved on without Albert; he married her after all that time for a reason. Olympic athletes are not doormats and they are not lazy or undisciplined. Waity couldn't.

I think this marriage will be a success, if only because Albert chose a woman, not a plaything dependent on him for anything. It takes discipline to go for that money, lifestyle, and not have her head turned.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 05:50:10 am »

I totally agree, KF.  An Olympic athlete (having met many thru my late husband) have a strong sense of 'self' and no one, and I mean NO ONE will interfere.  Kinda like his mother in the movies.  She was SO awesome and no one was gonna say differently.  This is a good, albeit quirky, marriage, but I LIKE it!!!!!

Swimming is the thing.  I've known people who have been swimming with Charlene and I look forward to diving in myself against her in Finland (Helsinki).  (For fun).  She's an amazing woman, much like Grace.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2011, 05:55:14 am »

Women like that are often like Patton tanks, at least they are when it comes to their chosen career, like many icons. Charlene hasn't put a foot wrong and she has used her brain, not her credit card. That is why Albert married her, not for her looks, but her strength. She isn't demure or helpless or a ditz or golddigging.

Yooper
Princess

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2011, 05:58:36 am »

AbsoNOTley, KF (new CA word).

Albert married her for all the right reasons.  She's intelligent, independent, committed to the 'cause' and gorgeous.  The dude hit a home run.

Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 01:32:57 pm »

If she would be independent she would not have lived from Alberts money all the years.
Intelligent? She can´t speak French, although she lived in a French speaking country all this years and it´s disrespectful towards the Monégasques that she begins just now slowly. Like "oh, maybe in some years" Eh....
How can the first lady of a country say she needs more time? Girl, you had your time! Not better then Kate Middleton IMO.

But of course it´s just my opinion.  legs
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:39:35 pm by Dahlia » Logged
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2011, 03:29:03 pm »

I like her, i really do. When i see videos of her, i get a good vibe from her. And she is very beautiful  sigh

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011, 07:44:31 pm »

Intelligent? She can´t speak French, although she lived in a French speaking country all this years and it´s disrespectful towards the Monégasques that she begins just now slowly. Like "oh, maybe in some years" Eh....

She didn't bet on Albert marrying her, who would? None of us thought it would happen. Why learn something that she won't use in the future? Before, she didn't owe the Monagasques a thing so there's no point in making preparations for something that probably isn't going to happen.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2011, 07:55:13 pm »

She sounds as vacuous as ever

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2011, 08:21:12 pm »

She didn't bet on Albert marrying her, who would? None of us thought it would happen. Why learn something that she won't use in the future? Before, she didn't owe the Monagasques a thing so there's no point in making preparations for something that probably isn't going to happen.

Wedding or not, she lived 6 six years there and doesn´t have at least the basics in French.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 08:25:41 pm »

Maybe she only wants to talk to the press when she speaks very fluently.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2011, 08:33:40 pm »

She has already spoken french to the press.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
memyselfandroyals
Countess

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2011, 08:48:01 pm »

Oh, sorry  Embarrassed Embarrassed

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2011, 08:51:47 pm »

Hi It's the reason we know that she doesn't speak french too well.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: