Royal Gossip
December 12, 2018, 07:53:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 26247 times)
Kibby3
courtier

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2015, 06:01:00 pm »

I am team Gemma not Ophelia.  Imagine how much better off the RF would be if Wills had gone for a Gemma like person instead of an
Ophelia.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 12:07:06 am »

I like Gemma a lot. Ophelia could not be on all episode and I wouldn't miss her.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 12:12:17 am »

I am team Gemma not Ophelia.  Imagine how much better off the RF would be if Wills had gone for a Gemma like person instead of an Ophelia.

A Gemma person wouldn't be putting up a front.

Ophelia has a one night stand and keeps acting like she's so helpless and out of her depth and how she is inferior about how she never owned a designer dress. So fake. Ophelia was in fact there to get a scoop on the prince, which would trigger alarm bells in any royal.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 11:01:10 pm »

I'm not feally getting where the sriters are going with this show. The Queen had an affair with her old love the night of the ball only to have sex with Jasper the next day. It makes no sense at all. Prince Liam having a girl who had sex with him within minutes of meeting him, we're to believe that he loves her now. Gemma, who was supposed to be Liam's first love is crying that she wasn't the special one like Ophilia's now in his life. The latest episode has some nice parts to it like seeing Princess Elenor in a different, softer light and without drugs, her gorgeous ex-boyfriend and a vulnerable Gemma. Things pickup next episode where it looks like the King's going to tell his wife off (he saw Jasper leaving her bedroom) and tell other to hell with them. I'm curious at how this season ends.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2015, 12:02:38 am »

It had such a huge chance to be an original series.

In my view Gemma is honest and upfront about who she is and I do question one minute Ophelia is interested in Liam, then running around with another guy, and then suddenly crazy and in love with Liam as he whisks her off to some jet set French haven and she apparently doesn't have much of a job of her own.

Frankly after Ophelia mouthed off to Helena, I think Ophelia is more the villianess; if you are in love with a man you don't mouth off to his mother.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2015, 01:31:30 am »

^^Agree.  But, I think the following off to Monaco and sleeping with Liam will backfire.  Gemma's made the exact right move.  Gonna be fun to see Joan Collins next week!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2015, 02:29:55 am »

Thing is, that even if the mother doesn't like you, you show respect, grin, bear it, or leave. If the mother is the Queen of England and the employer of your father, you don't mouth off, you curtsy, show deference, and PRAY that the Queen does not cause your father to lose his job. Ophelia wasn't showing much sincere loyalty and frankly, I do believe I would have slapped that insolence out of her face (during the first episode). As for Princess Eleanor, seeing her pop an Ecstasy tablet and moon around the elderly, that was too hilarious for words. As for Gemma, I would have chosen her if I had been Liam. She knows the drill and frankly Gemma was honest with him. She was his former love and frankly she at least knows how to call herself out and read Liam's thoughts.

I don't view Ophelia as some kind of victim and I don't like how she was messing with one guy and choosing the prince. I mean really, very cliche. Then she's decided to run off to Monaco with her prince, ignoring her own life.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2015, 03:19:29 am »

She's not demanding anything from Liam but a good time. Gemma's basically telling him that she can handle his new role as king in waiting and has the look and etiquette to make him look good and be taken seriously. Yes, she's a bit shallow and entitled, but yesterday's episode made her see how she's waiting her life being someone's plaything. Hopefully the writers won't have her forget this in next weeks episode. To me, Liam's interested in just sleeping with O because she's different (she's supposed to have the America attitude although she's a British born girl) and not be so into his title and such. She doesn't seem to want to be anything other than a fun time to me. The actress is very pretty and but she still doesn't bring the character any depth although the writers have given her a few scenes where she could've made her character multilayered.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2015, 05:59:32 pm »

I think that the queen is representing Charles who has so much responsibility but a 'secret' true love. I don't like Gemma. she looks like she's fake and scheming. and in it for the status. kind of a la Kate. Ophelia - the bold, and daring young gall who is fighting for her love, and wearing her heart on her sleeves. k'mon - people didn't fall for Kate's public image. why would they fall for the tv show fakey.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2015, 06:05:29 pm »

First, Ophelia was in a bar drunk and banged Liam the first time she met him; she's hardly some virtuous ingenue.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2015, 06:45:52 pm »

what i'm curious is - in what world does a hook up in a bar turn into a relationship.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2015, 06:59:00 pm »

Evidently, The Royals' producer bought the rights to Falling for Hamlet http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Hamlet-Michelle-Ray/dp/0316101613 and is basing the series after it.

Ophelia doesn't die in the book.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2015, 07:10:11 pm »

^^The writers want us to believe that she's so different from the girls he meets and have dealt with because of her American upbringing that Liam really likes her. Their scenes together are too boring for me to pay attention to what being said that would cement why Liam would have this dullard in his heart. It's so stupid because he has better chemistry with Gemma and even Elennor. The actress is too high school acting for me so what could've been a decent story is messed up because she doesn't come off like a person at all. Even Aschell, Liam's bodyguard and the maid come off like real people and they're not featured as much as O's character is.
The relationship's a joke mainly because how it started with her being an easy, cheap lay. She's nothing to root for that's for sure. They should've cast the girl in the country village as O. This girl told Liam when he uses his position to change lives then she would respect him as her king. The actress only had a few scenes but came off as a total person who's confident and compassionate, things that I guess O is supposed to be that Liam would be attracted to.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2015, 07:42:01 pm »

i kind of like the series. the outfits are nice. having read the synopsis of the book it seems to me that Liam is more like Harry and his relationship with Chelsy. all looks good until the press starts hounding her... at least we know that the king will die.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2015, 10:33:01 pm »

I love how the series shows royals ENJOYING being royalty, like Queen Helena who revels in her role as Queen Consort.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:09 pm »

^That's true so far but I think that she wants to ruin her marriage and go off with her real love otherwise why go and have sex with Jasper in the marital bed knowing that she could get caught. The king knows what she did and will get told off.
^^there are parts of the show I like such as the scheming to try and delay the refer random of abolishing the monarchy and a few of the actors making something out of their roles. It's entertaining enough. I don't think the king will die. That'll mean that  Liam becomes king. He'll not be able to hang on to dull O because he'll be thrust into work. I think that a death of the king was dealt with Prince Robert who was king in waiting. I think the King will go mad at all of the shenanigans of his family living their shallow lives whilst he works to keep the monarchy going. I believe he now feels to hell with the monarchy that he's given his life to.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2015, 02:14:26 pm »

'The Royals' 1x07 - "Your Sovereignty of Reason" Promo [HD]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KIzptqLawqo

May they last 26 days of 2018 be the plot twist you've been waiting for

Tis the season to be petty fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
Kibby3
courtier

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2015, 11:43:48 pm »

Yay!  I can't wait for Joan Collins, this episode is going to be good.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2015, 03:46:34 am »

As for Helena, I don't get why she is messing around with another man and why Eleanor is so pointless and depressed all the time. It's tiring after a while.

^That's true so far but I think that she wants to ruin her marriage and go off with her real love otherwise why go and have sex with Jasper in the marital bed knowing that she could get caught. The king knows what she did and will get told off.
^^there are parts of the show I like such as the scheming to try and delay the refer random of abolishing the monarchy and a few of the actors making something out of their roles. It's entertaining enough. I don't think the king will die. That'll mean that  Liam becomes king. He'll not be able to hang on to dull O because he'll be thrust into work. I think that a death of the king was dealt with Prince Robert who was king in waiting. I think the King will go mad at all of the shenanigans of his family living their shallow lives whilst he works to keep the monarchy going. I believe he now feels to hell with the monarchy that he's given his life to.

Thing with Liam, is he is such a schoolboy despite being a prince for so long. Ophelia is someone who is pretty much just distracting him and he's making the mistake of dating someone because of who they AREN'T, not who Ophelia really is. Gemma pointed out the reality of the situation.  As for the issue of Ophelia, it would make sense for a breakup to occur mainly since in the play Hamlet has sex with, but doesn't marry Ophelia. So a breakup would in fact fit in nicely.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2015, 04:45:22 am »

It's like the writers don't remember what they wrote the week before, because the queen behaving like that makes no sense what so ever. Elenor might be depressed and using drugs because no one really bothers with her; she not as important as Robert who would've been king had he lived and now Liam. Also, the queen apparently is jelous of her youth and beauty, so she was largly ignored by her mum since her teenage years I'd imagine. This past episode was a joy in that we got to see her act lighter and nicer and drug free. It did help that her ex-boyfriend was gorgeous and nice.
Ophelia's character makes no sense because she jumped into bed within minutes of meeting Liam. She knew who he was, spread her legs for him knowing that he wouldn't be a story to tell her mates when she goes back to the USA because she'll see him often because her dad being the head of the royal's security and she moved back to London. I'm still confused as to how she ended up moving from America to London and enrolled in some school but yet it seems like she just came from America when she first saw her being worried about her dad. Anyway, Liam's supposedly changing his womanizing ways because he has her in his life.  laugh  So far, all she's shown is that she's a boozer and an easy lay. She's no different than what Gemma was said to be an easy lay. The actress seems to forget that she just slept up with a stranger at the drop of a hat and wouldn't be so nervous and play the inocent act around him. It's ridiculous. Liam's just traded a floozy who has to come to him to one that lives under his roof. So for me, their whole idiotic so called romance makes zero sense.
I'm not sure if Joan Collins will be in this episode because that scene was already aired in a prior episode. I'm looking forward to seeing the king tell everyone off.  sauer
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 04:55:46 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: