Royal Gossip
August 24, 2017, 12:22:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 20904 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 06:23:25 am »

After EVERYTHING we've read and seen about the royals, they're still idolized as paragons of clean living and virtue. Tiring. After Kate's nudie scandal one would think that the illusion would be all over. I think This show shows royals as they kind of should be. Living a life that isn't ashamed of living well.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 02:02:52 am »

Whoever could US TV's wild princesses Bea based on?

outlandish fascinators, to the plummy voices and voluptuous curves.

New drama The Royals, which launched in America last week, is about a ‘spoof’ British Royal Family – but two red-haired sisters, Penelope and Maribel, bear uncomfortable resemblances to Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.

The creators of the show, which stars Elizabeth Hurley as a couture-clad Queen, insist all the characters are ‘purely fictional’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3005878/Whoever-TV-s-wild-princesses-Bea-based-Sisters-American-spoof-bear-striking-resemblance-Beatrice-Eugenie.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 02:45:54 am »

I'm really liking this series; it's a refreshing take on royalty and I like how everything is more kind of graphic. Far more refreshing and second, it's great comic relief. The Queen is someone who ENJOYS being Queen and it's better than most shows that show the royals being miserable about being royal.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 02:49:57 am »

The girls went overboard in yesterdays episode though. The were more sad than funny. Prince Liam's gf and the American girl who's supposed to be the common girl seem too much alike. The American girl doesn't pop out like I belive she should to dxain why Liam likes her so much. She jumps into the sack with him like a cheap floozy after meeting him at the club and somehow Liam's all gags about her.  bored3
The show could be better if they didn't have the characters go over the top in their actions. The fun part for me is seeing the parallels between the real royals and these characters.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 04:45:42 am »

^But, if I look at the American who lived in England commoner girl and her behavior as you stated it sounds like our frustration with Kate and PW.  Just a thought.

I love that Liam's old flame is named Gemma which could be Jecca?  I get it that the show is over the top but I also think their lives are as well.  The real royals, that is.  They just don't live like the rest of the planet.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 07:32:53 am »

^ I agree. The American girl is boring and bland just like Kate is and she'll jump into bed with him to keep his attention. Says it all and perfect match easter-lol
CarryingOn
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:17 am »

P.S. If only the Queen had taken William aside when he was dating Kate and told him that there was nothing he could do that she couldn't fix, then. They chose all of the wrong opportunities to fix sh*t. But then maybe they did and can't you just imagine them doing so and this idiot doing just as Liam did and basically giving them the finger.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 01:20:09 pm »

I'm thrown off by Liam because he seems more Harry than Wills to me.

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »

Gemma is more of a Chelsy to me.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »

i dont know if they ever called her name ,but i do like the maid she's much better acting wise then Ophelia.I like Gemma girl

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 01:51:10 am »

I like Gemma too and frankly, it's interesting how the show changes things around. Instead of Ophelia winning the drinking contest, the aristo girl wins and give a small speech about becoming conditioned to handle one's liquor. It's actually defying a lot of stereotypes in casting.

P.S. If only the Queen had taken William aside when he was dating Kate and told him that there was nothing he could do that she couldn't fix, then. They chose all of the wrong opportunities to fix sh*t. But then maybe they did and can't you just imagine them doing so and this idiot doing just as Liam did and basically giving them the finger.

I actually ADMIRE Queen Helena, how she is making her preferences clear from the get go and frankly it's how a mother should act. I would have slapped Ophelia for mouthing off to me and Ophelia's lack of respect is frankly irritating. I don't think insolence is funny or down to earth.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 02:38:53 pm »

The chap who plays Prince Liam said that things will be turned around regarding what we think of the characters by episode 10. Surprisingly I also liked Gema. The girl playing the American girl lacks the energy that the Americans have. The girl lacks the relaxed but yet get up and go attitude that Liam would be drawn to. Gema's these one who has it to me. She has more color to her thand the dull American and it should be the other way round.
So much for the royal's being in danger and supposedly having security around them when Gema's able to go go Liam's bedroom, change into a skimpy outfit before security tries to toss her out.  easter-lol

Keep Calm and Carry On
CarryingOn
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 05:24:51 pm »

To me, Liam has a decent William-likeness. Especially in the early years. I don't think William is a cold fish, especially when he was younger. I don't think he was completely uncaring. He's also not eager to be King, that's William to a T and it just worsened as he grew older and was allowed to avoid duties. Nose wide open over a girl who says that he'll "make a good king one day" but in no way understands what being a good king would entail, the lifestyle that he leads, or the way she would need to act to be supportive of her. You can also see the beginnings of him wanting to have his cake and eat it to.

Ophelia makes a good Kate. She's boring as all hell ... until it comes time to down a whole bottle of Jack Daniels. On top of that, useless at art and then moved on to get a useless art history degree. But that's where the "fun" ends. Ophelia meets Liam drunk as a skunk in a bar and William meets Kate modeling lingerie down a catwalk. Can't anyone just bump into someone anymore and then ask them out to coffee to make up for it?

I love Queen Helena. I love that she lets it be known where she stands right out of the gate. I feel like she's like Queen Elizabeth but better in that aspect. Everyone knows that she doesn't like getting involved with her family too intimately when it comes to stopping them from f*cking up. I wonder if in that aspect they're borrowing from Diana. There were plenty of times she spoke her mind without a f*ck to give about anyone else's hurt feelings easter-lol.

Kibby3
courtier

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 05:54:55 pm »

^ I see quite a bit of Liam William similarities as well.  Elizabeth Hurley said she based her character off Diana with respect to fashion but I think Queen Helena is based on Diana in more than just looks!  It is a silly tv show but I have to admit it's my new guilty pleasure.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 06:11:57 pm »

Queen Helena is what a Queen SHOULD be, not a passive HM.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:14 pm »

Last night's episode was great and had an interesting moment (Spoiler Alert) when Gemma causes a car accident with Liam in the car.  Immediately, the RPOs are there to secrete Liam away, safely, and she's left alone.  Which is exactly how I assume it would be.  So, this was a huge wakeup call for Ophelia who didn't seem to get it that nobody matters outside of the main bloodline.  Interesting and well done.

When does Joan Collins show up as the Queen Mother?  Soon, I hope.  Can't wait!!!!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2015, 03:29:29 am »

That's something to think about if something goes wrong they will leave you hanging to fend for yourself ,and they will protect their own before anything else.

Can they kill off Ophelia ?

so the uncle is a druggie likes to sleep with the help men and women .

Ouch at that speech the Queen gived Eleanor she had it coming cause what does she do other then get drunk and have sex with staff?

The two sisters still loving them . Ed hardy butt plugs  tehe

I hope we get to see more Gemma

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2015, 04:46:21 am »

Gemma acts more like Opheilia should act in terms of being full of life and energy. The actress who plays Opheilia is pretty but extremely dull and lifeless. I think she's supposed to be a bit feisty and fun and as well as tell it like it is from an American point of view.
I hope they explore why the Queen doesn't take to Eleanor too much. The daughter seems to want to get her mum's attention by doing outrageous things but the Queen just ignore her and takes her bs in stride. Yes she has outburst towards her and has her staff fix things not for her daughters sake but only how it'll look to the public.

Keep Calm and Carry On
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2015, 04:53:52 am »

I wonder how many former staff members/insiders they have "consulting" on this show. Hmmmmm....

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2015, 05:21:36 pm »

Last night's episode was great and had an interesting moment (Spoiler Alert) when Gemma causes a car accident with Liam in the car.  Immediately, the RPOs are there to secrete Liam away, safely, and she's left alone.  Which is exactly how I assume it would be.  So, this was a huge wakeup call for Ophelia who didn't seem to get it that nobody matters outside of the main bloodline.  Interesting and well done.

When does Joan Collins show up as the Queen Mother?  Soon, I hope.  Can't wait!!!!

I find it kind of disconcerting how Ophelia is supposed to be 'better' than Gemma, but she's a love interest of the prince and running around with a fellow student. I did like how Gemma ordered Liam to just go instead of whining about being left behind, I find that admirable of her. Ironically this show is defying a lot of cliches and pretty much making a real show. It's refreshing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: