Royal Gossip
June 25, 2017, 11:20:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royals  (Read 20017 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: January 21, 2015, 04:16:35 pm »

Are You Ready? – The Royals
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=626070487515832&set=vb.473316599457889&type=2&theater

who will be watching? from the previews it looks interesting

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews  ·
New TV series Royals on E promises to be absolutely hilarious. Queen Liz Hurley, Prince Liam, can't wait! Preview: http://on.fb.me/151UFyn
@JanetNorCal Bet Kate, Wills & Harry will have a sneaky watch. Harry apparently took an ironic peek "I Wanna Marry Harry"... Love it!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:19:37 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Adeline
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 01:33:39 am »

Hmm... That actually looks fairly decent,  I may have to tune in to that.  Embarrassed
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »

It might be OK, but it drives me nuts when they call her Queen of England.  bignono

Lazy writing and research.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 12:03:59 am »

I watched the first episode last night and it's truly a guilty pleasure.  There are some, if you're paying attention, striking similarities to the BRF:

*****SPOILER ALERT**********

The Characters are quite clearly, Harry, William, Bea and Eugenie, and Kate. Oh, also Andrew as the troublesome brother who wants the crown and almost kills the King hunting.  As for the King and Queen?  I'm still struggling with their image.

Anyway, Harry is, I think, the troubled daughter who falls in and out of cars and bars (and men) because "who am I, really? A nobody" blah blah.  Bea and Eugenie, well, if you miss them you're blind.  They're the King's brother's daughters with red hair and big eyes and really bad clothes/fascinators.  Kate is the daughter of the Aide de Camp or whatever of the King and is called a 'commoner' constantly, BUT, she and "William" like each other a great deal.  The Kate character is very resistant but the William character wants to "Break the old mold and start anew".

Then there's the touchy subject of the King wanting to abolish the monarchy and give his children the gift of having and making their own lives which goes over like a lead balloon with the kids.  One of the brothers dies right at the start which puts the "William"  (Liam) guy at the front of the line.  Interestingly, nobody cries all that much about the death of the eldest brother and there's some mystery about him being in the line of fire in war or something but Elizabeth Hurley (Queen) is keeping her mouth shut on all of that.

It's a great, great summer romp.  So far.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 01:49:08 am »

Great observation, Yooper.
Since I can't stand the daughter, I wouldn't have thought that she'd be considered Harry as she says that she's a *female dog* with power and comes of vacant and an entitled brat. Liam reminds me of Harry because he seems chill with everything. The uncle's interesting in that he looks like he'd kill off his brother's family to get on the throne. That's really cold of the writers to have the 2 girls come off like the weird, undesirable cousins who remind one of the York sisters. I like the King and his head of security, Liam and his Welsh protection officer so far. I'm not keen on the girl who just hooked up with Liam. She's coming off like an entitled and rude American although she's a Brit that spent a while in the States.
It wasn't as bad as the critics said. I'll watch the next episode to see if I can get with the characters. The sets are beyond gorgeous. The scene when Liam ran through the hall to see why he was needed so urgently was wow. I want to know what estate the series is being filmed at.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 02:26:06 am »

Not liking Ophelia  she's seems dull hope things change with her . When I saw those two sister my mind went yup that's the york girls easter-lol . Princess Elenanor she's one hot mess.wonder if we will get flash backs of the prince who died

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 03:42:44 pm »

You know, it's refreshing to see a show centered on royalty that shows them as different than clean cut saintly humanitarians. So much better than other shows and better than Helen Mirren's constant pro-HM propaganda.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 05:17:08 pm »

^The scenes in the clubs, I think, are really well-represented how the young, wealthy royals behave when partying too much and allowed to do whatever they like because a security detail is there to push away the 'boring' ones.  Highly self-indulgent people which gives me more of an idea of just how out of touch they can or may be.

Also, it's frustrating to see how much one character (I forget) wants to break away all the time yet uses all the perks whenever needed.  Made me want to slap her.  Probably quite accurate to see how frustrating it is for the security detail as well.  Hanging around drunken messes to make sure nothing bad happens?  No thanks.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Adeline
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 11:44:25 pm »

It really does have guilty pleasure wrote all over it doesn't it? Those cousins clearly were supposed to be the Yorks. I didn't like that uncle. The King seemed nice, almost like he didn't belong in that crazy family.

Will be interesting to see what happened to the oldest son.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 01:21:22 am »

this looks so deliciously campy - Joan Collins at her wicked witch best!  Must watch it now
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 01:46:59 am »

Not liking Ophelia at all. She comes across as fake and shady. I, too, thought the Liam character was more of a Harry than Wimpo.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 01:55:24 am »

^Maybe I'm going back a decade or so on the Ophelia/Liam (brother/sister) story.  For me, Liam seems to be the Golden Boy that William once was and the character is also interested in a 'commoner' so there's the resemblance with that and he also doesn't care if he's just "a man on the street".  It's all just beginning with him showing interest in the security officer's daughter.  As for Ophelia, she also reminds of back-in-the-day Harry and wanting all the partying but still shows some signs of gentleness but rudderless, hence the early Harry similarity.  She's obnoxious, no doubt, but also a kind of conscience in the bunch.  She's the one who gave everybody a hard time for their cold attitude when her brother died. 

The King/Queen still confuse me, tho. The Queen is steadfastly monarchist but the King, I fear, is going to be killed by his brother. 

I'm thinking waaaay too much into this goofy yet I fear addicting program.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 02:14:52 am »

Wow, Yooper, you were right.

Breaking Down the Real-Life Royal Counterparts to the Characters on The Royals
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/03/the-royals-real-life-royal-counterparts

Keep Calm and Carry On
Mememe
Baroness

Artist Credit: www.murielbarclay.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 03:12:55 am »

..... The sets are beyond gorgeous. The scene when Liam ran through the hall to see why he was needed so urgently was wow. I want to know what estate the series is being filmed at.....

I agree.  The sets were what caught my attention.  Very classy and classic set.  Love, love, love.  I want to know if it a set or an estate as well.  No matter which answer I would love to be able to live within those walls.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 06:42:29 am »

..... The sets are beyond gorgeous. The scene when Liam ran through the hall to see why he was needed so urgently was wow. I want to know what estate the series is being filmed at.....

I agree.  The sets were what caught my attention.  Very classy and classic set.  Love, love, love.  I want to know if it a set or an estate as well.  No matter which answer I would love to be able to live within those walls.

I believe it was filmed partly at Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, the home of the Dukes of Marlborough.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 07:27:43 am »

I watched the show over the weekend too and I basically agree with everything Yooper said easter-lol. It's better than what I thought it was going to be. I think it's cool though that some see the Liam character as being more William than Harry, though, because it shows just how much alike William and Harry are when it comes to the partying and nonsense. William just always had someone to cover up for him. The Ophelia character is annoying as f*ck. Perfect fit for Wasty easter-bunny
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:34:09 am by CarryingOn » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 11:56:00 pm »

The chap playing Prince Liam is using Harry as part of his character.
William Moseley Talks THE ROYALS
http://collider.com/william-moseley-the-royals-interview/

12 things we know about E's The Royals
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11469644/12-things-we-know-about-The-Royals.html

This articles says that the bed hopping, drug taking princess is the Midds sisters. ITA.

This show could be good if they don't get stupid and over vamp it. The first episode did that to some degree. Anyway, the show's supposedly going to show how hard it is to live in the spotlight and try and live a normal life.
The set is an actual palace, Blenheim Palace.

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 02:47:22 am »

^I agree.  My hope is that they class it up a little bit more.  Should be fun if they keep the plots at a good pace.  I wonder if it runs all summer.  It would be nice to have a new addiction.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 03:56:38 am »

It's going to run for 10 weeks. I hope the American girl, she's English born and raised over in the States for some reason, picks up her acting as she's supposed to represent the public view.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 02:06:03 am »

^Same here cause she sucks

Elizabeth Hurley's new show The Royals SLAMMED by critics before it even airs
http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/564297/Elizabeth-Hurley-The-Royals-reviews-slammed

Meanwhile, Newsday called it "trash TV" and "the equivalent of The Real Housewives of Buckingham Palace".
Oh please like the BRF is any better

There's nothing refined about Queen Helena and her family, who indulge in a decadent lifestyle of debauchery and speak in expletives throughout the new scandalous series.

When asked about how the real royals might feel about the raunchy show, the 49-year-old beauty said: "I would imagine they love it. They probably want to be like us."

the royals probably did much worse things behind those walls

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: