Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 05:25:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana and Carole  (Read 4715 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2015, 01:36:29 am »

Charles is a cog in the wheel and is only Prince of Wales because he was born first. If William had not been first born  he would not have been the "catch" of the one who will be the future King. Same with Charles, he got to be born first too.  It is not because of Charles it is because William is direct heir to the throne and grandson of the Queen of England.  The bad part is he has no work ethic and at 33 still takes gap years. Kate is an enabler which is one reason he chose her.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 03:42:26 am »

There's something about the Carole and William relationship that really revolts me and yet I have nothing to back it up but a gut feeling. 

I've given up hope for Willy and Waity - they are non starters right from the get go.  William had everything any upper class child has and then some, but he plays victim - and that to me is a red flag of someone NQR in the head at his age.  His parents both set excellent examples of work ethics and yet he sits around always 'going to do'.  It's sickening when you see how far advanced other men are of his age and without all the privilege he has had.  Hopeless!

Always trust your gut. It rarely leads you astray.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 05:23:02 am »

Exactly.

Thing is, Carole strikes me as trying to be like Diana, trying to kind of usurp everything about what Diana had, worse than Camilla. I think Carole has a LOT of bitterness and resentment in how she lives her life and how she 'had' to work for a living and make her own way in life. I do believe that she's at a point where if she could, she would be mounting Charles and then via kicking Camilla out, mounting the Throne and of course merrily giving Charles a run for his money.

I read that a lot of women during that time envied how they thought Diana was so lucky, but I do think that Carole was one that felt a deep seated envy, but seeded with hatred and intense resentment that SHE (Carole) didn't grow up as a pampered, protected Earl's ingenue daughter. I do believe that she did feel a TON of hatred when she served ladies on planes and disliked how the well heeled men were ignoring her while courting the female customers.

Imagine having her bitterness at life and think on how it ran through her as she put up with long hours, lecherous male flyers, then went home and quietly brooded over how Diana was living a dream life. NOTHING wrong with work in service (I worked nearly my entire twenties in retail and as a stock clerk), but with someone like Carole who has a huge amount of sensitivity, I am sure she felt a searing white hot resentment towards Diana and embedded it in herself.

I do think Carole did experience some times in her life when she was ill-used by upper class people. Maybe some well heeled men quietly had flings with her and then went back to their posh girlfriends and she felt badly used and felt it more keenly than others. Throw in how Michael made her wait a decade to end up marrying her and I do think that she has a HUGE resentment she inculcated in her daughter Kate and of course, get all she can out of the aristos.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 01:13:35 pm »

Harry made peace with the loss of his mother and his upbringing a long time ago.
Where Wimpo is pathetically running after his psycho surrogate mummy Harry enjoys a good relationship with his family including his Spencer cousins.
There's no substitute for REAL family.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:09 pm »

That is the difference.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 04:20:17 pm »

Harry made peace with the loss of his mother and his upbringing a long time ago.
Where Wimpo is pathetically running after his psycho surrogate mummy Harry enjoys a good relationship with his family including his Spencer cousins.
There's no substitute for REAL family.

Well, we don't know this.  In fact, his womanizing and drinking would indicate he is still dealing with emotional issues.  But hopefully he understands the kind of woman he must marry and is learning from his father's and brother's mistakes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 04:47:09 pm »

What exactly is the kind of woman? Certainly not like Camilla. The trouble was Charles felt he was entitled to mistresses. If Kate and William don't divorce and manage to work on their marriage it is not a mistake. Charles getting involved with Camilla was a mistake. I hope the boys learn to respect and love and honor their wives. And do the opposite of what Charles did.
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 06:06:02 pm »

I agree.  Hence, I referred to Charles' mistake -- Camilla.    Harry needs a woman with maturity, compassion, and charisma.  I hope he can find her.    blink
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 08:55:14 pm »

Back on topic I think seeing Carole and Diana going up against each other would have made for some interesting news articles.  I'm unsure as to who would have won because a daughter in laws children are different than a daughters children and lazy kate would have backed her mother putting Di on the back foot - although I'm confident she would have beaten Carole one way or another.  It would really have been more interesting to see.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Miss Hathaway
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 09:33:30 pm »

A competition or conflict between Diana and Carole would be no conflict at all.  As as been pointed out by many, had Diana lived, the Middletons wouldn't have entered into the picture.  But even speculating that they would have, Diana could have easily eliminated Miss Kate Middleton from her son's life by pointing out her deficiencies to William as only a mother could do.  Carole would have been powerless to counteract that.  She couldn't have used her "mothering" skills to attract William since William would have had his mother under that scenario.   

Carole really has no power at all. The Windsors have all the power.  Charles powered Camilla into the BRF over the objections of his mother the Queen, the courtiers, legal scholars and the Church of England.   If he really wanted to, he could remove the Middletons from the royal circle.  Evidently, he doesn't want to - at least right now.

AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 10:47:01 pm »

I think it's hard to speculate on how much pull Di would have had on Willy.  He's a tough one and IMO he would have gone the way of many a youngster and gone against his parents.  The unattainable or forbidden fruit can be more desirable to some.

I do believe Di would have dealt with it - by any means at her disposal.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 12:25:38 am »

I do think that getting rid of Kate would have bonded Diana and Charles.

CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 02:53:21 am »

The thing about Diana is that I won't make the same mistake as Charles and the BRF easter-lol. Like the media said, she was the mouse that roared. William on the other hand is the lion that squeaks easter-lol. I don't doubt in any way, shape, or form that she had a very specific idea of the way William's life would turn out and who he would be married to. A girl like Kate would never fit into that vision and I believe she would do any and everything to make her go away. We all know William likes status. No matter how much he may disagree with his parents, he was never going to sacrifice his status for anyone else. Had Diana lived, he never would have set foot on St. Andrews. She would've wanted an American Ivy League that was never going to turn him down (with Oxbridge as runner up, I'm sure). He wouldn't be able to resist the status and excitement and prestige that would bring. I don't think even Uncle Gary would ever be able to pull any strings for any of the Ivies or unwritten Ivies for Kate. Vacations? Diana would blow them out of the water. Mustique instead of Necker Island and Dodi's yacht and bragging to everyone that that's where you spent the holiday? Never. Biggest of all: he'd have his mother. Imperfections and all, family is still family. They're irreplaceable and you may be mad at them but that doesn't mean you don't love and need them.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 03:29:30 am »

I, too, don't believe that Kate would have made it past boink buddy in college had Diana lived. She would have instilled a sense of duty and made sure that William was involved in things that prepared him for his future roll. As we've all seen, he missed out on that once Di died because Chucky was preoccupied with Campon and letting him raise himself.

Lets just say for the sake of argument that Kate made it past graduation and Di was around. We all know that homegirl knew how to play the press when it was convenient. I'd be willing to bet the Big Blue Precious that Di would have called up a few of her old pals and shared all the secrets in the dossier over tea.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2015, 04:16:03 am »

The thing about Diana is that I won't make the same mistake as Charles and the BRF easter-lol. Like the media said, she was the mouse that roared. William on the other hand is the lion that squeaks easter-lol. I don't doubt in any way, shape, or form that she had a very specific idea of the way William's life would turn out and who he would be married to. A girl like Kate would never fit into that vision and I believe she would do any and everything to make her go away. We all know William likes status. No matter how much he may disagree with his parents, he was never going to sacrifice his status for anyone else. Had Diana lived, he never would have set foot on St. Andrews. She would've wanted an American Ivy League that was never going to turn him down (with Oxbridge as runner up, I'm sure). He wouldn't be able to resist the status and excitement and prestige that would bring. I don't think even Uncle Gary would ever be able to pull any strings for any of the Ivies or unwritten Ivies for Kate. Vacations? Diana would blow them out of the water. Mustique instead of Necker Island and Dodi's yacht and bragging to everyone that that's where you spent the holiday? Never. Biggest of all: he'd have his mother. Imperfections and all, family is still family. They're irreplaceable and you may be mad at them but that doesn't mean you don't love and need them.

William wouldn't have been allowed in my opinion, to have attended an American university, Ivy League or not, in preference to a British one. Look at Bea and Eugenie and how much time Fergie spends in the US and yet they attended British universities for their tertiary education. It's just not in the tradition of the BRF to send heirs to foreign universities. Maybe for an additional degree. Charles would have made the final decision, I believe, in consultation with the Queen. It wouldn't have been left to Diana, bless her heart.

William wouldn't have got the results to go to Oxbridge, but if not St Andrew's some other old and prestigious university would have been found, IMO, perhaps Edinburgh or Aberystwyth.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 05:49:31 pm »

Plenty of people attend universities in their own countries and then move on to become expatriates in foreign countries. It has nothing to do with favoring one countries schools over another. William wouldn't have been disallowed to go to the college of his choosing, even if it were out of the country. In fact, IMO, the only reason why more of the BRF haven't gone off to foreign schools is because they're so insulated it never crossed their minds to apply to them in the first place. When any of them go to other countries it's either 1) a mandatory engagement visit, or 2) to ski or sunbathe. They don't go to other countries just to explore it beyond those last two options, to immerse themselves in the culture and language, to visit museums, etc. As far as Oxbridge, it's very possible that he would've had the grades to get in because I'm sure a tutor would've been hired to make sure his grades were as high as possible to get into those schools. All else fails, money talks. Oh, and decisions left to the Queen and Charles? Yeah right. We've already seen what decisions they've made for William. Absolutely none. They let him do exactly what the hell he wants to do, to the destruction of his own self. Hence why he went to a college he was unhappy at, studied a degree that's useless to him as King, did nothing but party and drink during and after college, married a useless leech, and does absolutely nothing now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: