Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 12:03:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insiders VI  (Read 71184 times)
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2015, 09:49:36 pm »

William met with the Queen every week while he was at Eton.   She has worked with him and influenced him.   He seems to greatly love and respect her, so his holding back from duties can't be simply that he is spoiled and lazy.  More going on there, I think.

http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-05-31/the-queen-as-a-grandmother-20-photos-of-her-majesty-with-william-and-harry/

annecros
courtier

What I am is what I am are what you are or what?

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2015, 11:20:50 pm »

I know, Prince Charles makes a show and will eventually rule, but her madge is in charge still. And she is taking the long road.
india
Princess

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2015, 01:46:49 am »

William met with the Queen every week while he was at Eton.   She has worked with him and influenced him.   He seems to greatly love and respect her, so his holding back from duties can't be simply that he is spoiled and lazy.  More going on there, I think.

http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-05-31/the-queen-as-a-grandmother-20-photos-of-her-majesty-with-william-and-harry/

If he loves and respects her so much then why didn't he tell her he was going to marry his Stalking, Flashing, Potato Head Slattern one hour before he told the press?
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2015, 06:03:51 am »

^ It is a good question!

Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2015, 03:17:33 pm »

Not telling her about the "heirs", skipping duties, boycotting Sandringham. eating cookies
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2015, 03:37:57 pm »

If he loves and respects her so much then why didn't he tell her he was going to marry his Stalking, Flashing, Potato Head Slattern one hour before he told the press?
^ It is a good question!

Simple; he went to St. Andrews and decided to be 'normal' all the time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2015, 03:44:31 pm »

^^I don't know what is in his head. He doesn't seem to appreciate that with such a behaviour, he can be thrown over his throne. With the Internet today, his brother can build a good reputation more easily than in the 1930s. Furthermore, the whole "heirs" thing is a high treason crime, if it is proved. He is getting on the wrong side of all the royals behind him in the succession line, the Queen, Prince Charles, the aristocracy and his subjects !  Shocked sauer

^Yes, the whole university life has had a bad influence on him. Because he has a weak character. If I go to the university where there are lots of funs, alcohol, girls, party, I enjoy it but I know there is something else for me behind.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:46:16 pm by Liquorice » Logged
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2015, 03:49:46 pm »

None of this was a surprise to anyone, surely, after they reconciled in 2007.   The Queen gave her formal consent.  She didn't have to.   She could have withheld it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1379248/Royal-wedding-Queens-formal-consent-Prince-William-Kate-Middleton-marriage.html

Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2015, 03:52:18 pm »

I think she was cornered, if it is true William told her only an hour before the press announcement. She couldn't afford to retire her consent two hours after the announcement.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2015, 03:57:20 pm »

But it was no surprise.   She knew that William had no other girlfriends.  They had dated for eons and Kate was hanging on.  There had been plenty of time to run Kate off if that's what the royals wanted to do.
rainbow
courtier

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2015, 04:50:24 pm »

Might be a bit OT but I have noticed an uptick in negative stories about Edward (David) and basically how it was the best thing for everyone he abdicated - nazi sympathisers, love letters to Freda etc.  Are the trying to prepare us fr something re Seabiscuit? Just a thought and it is good to be back
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2015, 05:16:04 pm »

^ Yes, it is that in my opinion. If he had fake heirs, how to convince the British subjects he wouldn't be manipulated by DAESH into sleazy business in exchange of a few hours in BeyoncĂ©'s bedroom ?  Tongue Why, that topic would be best discussed in the surrogacy thread.

^^ It was no news indeed but it would depend on him answering the question "So William, how's your love life ?" at family gatherings. If he just said : "Er... I just see her from time to time.", there would not have been reasons for panicking. It's not like he had been in love with her.
Furthermore, I was rather thinking of medical examinations, in regards to the surrogacy. It is odd Camilla is said to have claimed Kate was infertile though.
Anyway, after the Diana business, maybe the BRF thought that allowing her into the Firm was the best PR scheme.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:18:28 pm by Liquorice » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2015, 05:25:03 pm »

If the BRF didn't keep dragging Diana up to use her to promote William, I am certain that Kate never would have happened.

At some point, William seemed to be moving on, but then Kate happened and kept dragging up Diana's dead corpse; that alone is a warning sign and frankly I don't think that Diana should have been used like this. It was more than just and aristocrat marrying a prince that caused the whole mess.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2015, 05:36:00 pm »

If my memory serves (and it's always doubtful), William proposed to Kate in Kenya about a month before it was announced officially (Oct? Nov?), so, I recall that it was not done in the right order.  That PW was to go to HM first or something.  It all seemed rather confusing at the time.  Honestly, I don't believe that anybody took Kate as seriously as they should have. 

It seems as though PW wanted to do this without any media involvement until the 'interview'.  I've got to rewatch that one.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Liquorice
Baroness

« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2015, 05:55:22 pm »

^ True. They did not believe William would marry Wasty Tartie. I mean she screams fun girl in every sense of the word.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2015, 09:33:41 pm »

The BRF is used to long term girlfriends being long term and then the men dropping them to settle down. Thing is, I think William might have suggested Kate, but HM and others went nuts about it and so ended up deciding to pull a fast one. NO WAY is it protocol to just suddenly inform HM/courtiers an hour before.

Thing is, William KNEW that Kate would be unsuitable and would not be welcomed.

If my memory serves (and it's always doubtful), William proposed to Kate in Kenya about a month before it was announced officially (Oct? Nov?), so, I recall that it was not done in the right order.  That PW was to go to HM first or something.  It all seemed rather confusing at the time.  Honestly, I don't believe that anybody took Kate as seriously as they should have. 
It seems as though PW wanted to do this without any media involvement until the 'interview'.  I've got to rewatch that one.

Yes; standard protocol is to inform the Sovereign and then the Sovereign consults the Privy Council and of course, Parliament. After the Council is in agreement and both Houses of Parliament end up in agreement, then of course, the Sovereign will have final say and then a proposal is made.

Fact is, Fergie and Diana were brought into the palaces before their wedding, not kept in the countryside for the entire time, then moved to a hotel.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2015, 11:00:25 pm »

Prince William didn't inform his grandmother of what he was going to do, ie propose, I think. He was supposed to have told her and obtained her formal consent before proposing, giving plenty of time for Privy Council meetings and a formal announcement to be prepared. The sovereign would then inform the Privy Council at the next meeting.

In the British system Parliament doesnt get involved in the process, though in some constitutional monarchies it does. The Queen though, as a matter of courtesy would inform the PM at their weekly meeting, but ask him to keep it confidential if there hadn't been an announcement. It's hard to know with William and Kate what was done in what order as he seems to have skipped off to Kenya with the ring without telling the Queen what he was going to do. Or maybe he did! Who knows!
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2015, 11:07:04 pm »

Normally, Wimpo would have discussed this with his father first.
Then HM and PP.
If all of this went smooth, then discuss it with Mike M. and ask for her hand.
Then plan a romantic proposal for Waity and hope that she will say yes.

But that didn't happen.
The RF knew nothing, only the Mansons.
Even Mike was bypassed, the Viper pressured Wimpo and he caved in.
india
Princess

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2015, 12:41:06 am »

Oh Yes, Willy Boy has such high respect for his sovereign. POS.
CarryingOn
Duchess

http://media.tumblr.com/6fa12932f6e3affcfb7d37c57f

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2015, 04:02:35 pm »

Even the proposal is sketchy because apparently it's the exact same way that Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend Natalie Pinkam's then-BF Owain proposed to her.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:05:13 pm by CarryingOn » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: