Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 03:03:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Non Reigning European Royal Families  (Read 15848 times)
royalfanPKLS
courtier

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2013, 02:25:47 am »

I was just under the impression that Greece had a monarchy system back in ancient times.

"Sometimes I think I was born backwards. You know, come out my mum the wrong way. I hear words go past me backwards. The people I should love, I *despise*. And the people I *despise*…”
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

Some city states did but at that time there was no Greece as we know it in the present as there was no Italy at that time. Check wiki on Greece and Italy to understand their history.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 02:43:35 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2316152/Final-journey-queen-50-years-later-Yugoslav-royal-returned-native-country-exhumed-Windsors-royal-burial-ground.html

Now she can RIP.

tequiero
courtier

I like to move it, move it :):):)

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 05:19:58 pm »

MC's instagram:

http://instagram.com/mariechantal22#

MC was recently interviewed by Barbara Walters

http://instagram.com/p/Y4NMpzILkO/

Harry-ite #6
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2013, 03:16:39 am »

Thing is, though, they are not Crown Princes.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2013, 03:19:20 pm »

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/08/romanian_princess_oregon_husba.html
A former Coos County sheriff's deputy and his wife, a Romanian princess, were arrested Thursday as federal agents swept through eastern Oregon and southcentral Washington to upend a suspected cockfighting ring.

John Wesley Walker and Irina Walker, the third daughter of Romania's King Michael I, staged at least 10 cockfighting derbies at their ranch near Irrigon between April 1, 2012, and last May 19, government prosecutors allege.

The accused cockfight hosts, with a supporting cast of 16 other suspects in Oregon and at least 10 in Washington, were charged in a conspiracy to violate the federal Animal Welfare Act.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395431/Romanian-princess-sheriffs-deputy-husband-arrested-alleged-cockfighting-ring.html
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2013, 09:20:44 pm »

laugh What the....

[/URL]
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2013, 10:15:25 pm »

Err  Embarrassed ... yeah, unfortunately the Romanian nobility are not looked on good terms with the rest of the families of Europe. I guess I can equate them to the trailer parks trash part of the family.  sigh
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 12:03:20 am »

poor Roosters shame on them for such an act  thumbsdown
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2013, 04:06:50 pm »

In some Caribbean countries is part of the culture of the people. Like bullfighting is in Spain.
Other nations' people may not agree with it , but it's part of some people's culture.
Having said that, do not do it in a country where it is not permitted nor well seen.

When in Rome do as the Romans
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2013, 04:07:24 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/romanian-prince-died-jail-beatified-111237587.html

Thousands have gathered on Saturday for the beatification of a Romanian prince who spent decades traveling around the world helping the sick and the poor and died after being tortured in a Communist prison.

Pope Francis approved the beatification in March of Monsignor Vladimir Ghika who was declared a martyr for his Christian faith. Beatification, which gives Ghika the title "blessed," is the next-to-last stage in the process of the canonization of saints.

Born into a family of Moldovan nobles in Constantinople in 1873, Ghika converted to Catholicism in 1902. He spent his life helping victims of cholera, tuberculosis and earthquakes and was ordained as a priest in Paris in 1923.

He traveled around the world from Bucharest, to Buenos Aires to Tokyo which led Pope Pius XI to call him his "an apostolic vagabond." Despite coming from a wealthy family, he was known for his modest ways, always traveling in the cheapest class and of hearing confessions from people in bars, on the street, and on the subway.

Thousands of Catholics from Romania and abroad attended a two-hour service Saturday in the Romexpo trade center, and Prime Minister Victor Ponta called him "a great European spirit who refused to compromise with totalitarianism."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:42:00 pm by Alexandrine » Logged
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2013, 04:41:58 pm »

there was a Prince who cared for others

thank you for posting this flower
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2013, 10:05:00 pm »

You are very Welcome Nighthawk   flower
Mon Roi Henry IX
Countess

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2013, 07:16:15 pm »

Great article. The Prince's beatification was very well deserved.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2014, 04:10:43 am »

Royal match: French prince marries German aristocrat in a traditional summer wedding

Prince Francois d'Orleans prepares to drive off with his new bride Theresa von Einsiedel after a traditional summer wedding today.
The prince, 32, is the fourth child of the Count and Countess of Evreux in France with his grandfather being the late Prince Henri, Count of Paris, an Orleanist claimant to the French throne.
He is also the brother of Princess Clotilde, Princess Adelaide and Prince Charles-Philippe, Duke of Anjou.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706790/Royal-match-French-prince-marries-German-aristocrat-traditional-summer-wedding.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2014, 11:32:55 pm »

sly Not what I expected

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:34 am »

Deleted
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:56:05 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2015, 11:16:33 am »

Yesterday the eldest son of the former TSar Simeon II of Bulgaria, Prince Kardam, has died from a lung-infection.

He was in a coma since 2010 after he was involved in a serious accident in 2008. For some time it seemed he would be making a recovery but after making a turn for the worse, he slipped into a permanent coma in 2010.
Yesterday he died in a Madrid hospital, today the funeral will take place.

He is survived by his Spanish-born wife Miriam Ungria and two sons, Boris and Beltran, aged 17 and 15.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2015040724463/prince-kardam-bulgaria-dies-accident/
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 01:45:04 pm »

Such a tragedy, but final peace for him and his family.  So very sad.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 03:46:57 pm »

I know...and I am sure that Princess Beatrix was, in spirit, with her distant cousin Simeon II today. She went through the same thing, be it that the coma of Prince Friso didn't last this long.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: