Royal Gossip
April 25, 2019, 11:28:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Work Count ~ All the BRF  (Read 5786 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2018, 11:40:26 am »

This is one way of looking at the 'work rate' of the royals - the days on which they undertook official engagements. Another way is to look at the number of actual engagements - and Charles tops that list with Anne second.

The 'official count' done by Mr O'Donovan won't be out for another week or so and he counts engagements not days worked.

For decades the count was always number of engagements and now the DM likes to use number of days for some reason.

I like the poster on The Royal Forums as they give both number of engagements and number of days worked.
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2018, 09:32:50 pm »

Comparison, C&D vs W&K
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/graphic-chills-and-kate.jpg?w=960
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2018, 11:15:40 pm »

Diana was really thrown in at the deep end with Royal engagements after the honeymoon, poor girl. The PTB try to do it different now for brides coming into the ranks and pace it a bit.

However, it's been different for all. For instance Sophie worked professionally for the first years of her marriage at her PR firm. Kate was only part time because William was, and was pregnant with Louis last year, to be fair, though her yearly totals have never been brilliant.

Waiting to see Mr O' Donavon's annual totals for all the royals which will be published in the papers next week. As far as I can tell from TRF totals Kate is in the low 80s and William in the 230s. That won't change as there are no more engagements till the end of the year. Charles and Anne lead the pack as usual. Meghan's around 110 since May (the 24 engagements she did before the wedding won't be counted as they weren't in the CC) and Harry's just over the 200 mark on the other forums figures.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 11:20:06 pm by Rosella » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2018, 05:08:01 pm »

Diana also had problems with her marriage from the get go.

Kate never really was much of a worker.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2018, 05:20:49 pm »

Kate never sold herself as a work horse, Meg-a-tron did.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2018, 05:22:59 pm »

Kate said she would "work hard" during the engagement interview. So She did "sell" herself that way. Better that she said nothing.
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2018, 07:00:08 pm »

tehe True.
 But she also said that she intended to launch an organic food company, then a kids clothes company, then becoming a photographer.
Yet none of what she said actually was carried out
HRHOlya
Princess

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2018, 07:10:39 pm »

^ I'm not even sure how these rumours made it out, because the Winds are forbidden from working commercially. Waity would've never been allowed to put her name or face behind a company. The exception is I guess Chuck with his "duchy originals". Not entirely sure what loophole works there, but that would also stay the excpetion. After the Wessex disasters etc the Winds have "proof" why none of them can work commercially. They must either work for the crown or become private citizens if they want to work in the private sector.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2018, 07:48:45 pm »

Kate never sold herself as a work horse, Meg-a-tron did.

During the dating phase, Kate was selling herself as being Will's bride and kept up the hype that she was getting training and how she was saving her energy and stamina for her charity work as a royal. Kate was selling herself as William's inevitable position as royal bride and I am certain that she was sweating bullets since none of it was true. I am sure that she was upset that she wasn't getting the ring and I think the palace was irritated that she kept posturing as William's inevitable choice.

tehe True.
 But she also said that she intended to launch an organic food company, then a kids clothes company, then becoming a photographer.
Yet none of what she said actually was carried out

She wanted to do all that once she had the title, once she had the security of a ring and income via her husband, but the palace likely told her that she wasn't allowed and I believe she was shocked that she wasn't going to be able to have her own organic line, or her own photography career, or a trendy fashion boutique. I was mildly outraged that she thought she had the right to set up a charity boutique and using taxpayer money and give the middle finger to regular duties. I mean really, she didn't think to do any of this while single and thinks that the taxpayer should fund her little pet projects that are of no use to anyone?

Frankly, she wanted to go to foreign fashion shows and fancied herself entitled to it. I wager the little madam was outraged when she was told she was not going.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2018, 08:30:13 pm »

Kate could have done something pre marriage but chose not to. Belle Robinson who was her boss for a short time at Jigsaw even admitted she had flexible hours so she could be available for William.

Willian broke up with her soon after his graduation from sandhurst where he was practically named Kate's fiance after Kate's family showed up in the audience and Kate mouthed "he's hot." All very possessive.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2018, 08:52:06 pm »

The work count for all the newer generation of royals is far too low for them given their energy and far too flexible time. I just believe that none of the royals of the newer generation have any business being lazy or being feckless. The British taxpayer is not paying them to 'find themselves' or play at being housewives/pilots.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
livylivy
Countess

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2018, 09:15:31 pm »

You may still need to find yourself even when you' re in your 50s, but you must do it by keeping on working and  doing your duties. Not by sitting on your sofa all day long watching netflix
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2018, 09:25:53 pm »

Amen. With all their comforts and resources, WKHM should be doing a minimum of 400 appearances a year. Two a day every day would more than suffice and it would also PROVE that they are earning their bread. Kate does not need six month maternity leave from showing up looking well groomed and positive and interested. She does not do a full schedule and she is not at all bringing home trade deals or at least goodwill. Neither does William, who should be seasoned in doing duties, given that he was BORN to that way of life and its expectations. He KNEW what was expected and he KNEW that at some point he would do full time duties (something he should have been doing full time as a teenager).

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2018, 08:18:43 am »

https://twitter.com/CepeSmith/status/1079543951613456384?s=19

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2018, 04:35:46 pm »

^Thank you, Alexandrine.  That’s very, very interesting.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: