Royal Gossip
April 19, 2019, 06:06:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Work Count ~ All the BRF  (Read 5755 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: January 01, 2015, 03:05:00 am »

Prince Charles ‘hardest working royal’ for seventh year running

The annual survey of the Royal Family’s public engagements has been released in the customary letter to the Times from the paper’s ‘unofficial royal archivist’, Tim O’donovan, now on his 36th year of conducting the survey
http://royalcentral.co.uk/state/prince-charles-hardest-working-royal-for-seventh-year-running-42005
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 03:19:05 am »

David JackVerified account ‏@DJack_Journo
The delightfully assiduous and helpful Tim O'Donovan, of Datchett, Berks, has done it again. Via @timesletters
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6NcCd2CYAIJayM.png

Royal engagements
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/letters/article4310905.ece
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:55:44 am »

I don't understand. William and Kate dont work the whole year and yet- they have more work than Harry. At the same time - Harry is in the newspapers all the time with his work. Did they count the New York trip as 80 engagements - or even 90. and why is the count of Harry's work so low.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 08:53:02 am »

I don't understand. William and Kate dont work the whole year and yet- they have more work than Harry. At the same time - Harry is in the newspapers all the time with his work. Did they count the New York trip as 80 engagements - or even 90. and why is the count of Harry's work so low.

Exactly how public engagements are counted, or even listed, in the Court Circular is very inconsistent and has been for years.
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 12:26:14 pm »

^^

I am especially shocked with how 'little' Harry has done in comparison to the Cambridges. Harry has had a long trip to South-America where he spoke to heads of governments, attended several British events, visited charity organisations, orphanages etc. And his trip to Lesotho a few weeks ago, I wonder how this is counted. Just one engagement? It should have been more.

I think that in the CC  they cut-up the 'work' of the Cambridges in more separate events so that the end-tally will look more positive.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 04:00:18 pm »

Harry lately is more project oriented than just showing up at a place and waving his hand.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 09:33:18 pm »

They will do anything to make the lazy duo look good.  Harry does far more than the lazy duo.  I reckon they count when the go to the bathroom on an engatement  -  they have to make the numbers up for them somehow, they rarely do anything.  Pathetic.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 09:44:56 pm »

the CC count is all over the place a lot of people was having issues with that site,and how wonky it was acting 2014 .  How can landing and taking off form an airport count as an engagement i saw people on twitter and tumblr was talking about it that it counted for will and Kate during their OZ/NZ tour.How some private non official events count for William ,but not for harry.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:48:12 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »

The Queen determines what is and what isn't an official engagement.

The poster of TRF who does the weekly count, and has explained how she does her count, has made it clear that getting on and off planes doesn't count as an engagement unless there is a formal 'reception' at either end e.g. when The Queen leaves on a State Visit she is often farewell in Britain by the Ambassador or High Commissioner of the country to be visited (this honour is usually reserved only for The Queen and occasionally for Charles but not for any of the other royals at all) but most royals are formally welcomed on arrival in the visited country - and that welcome is then counted.

This poster also has Harry somewhat lower than William because Harry usually only did one or two engagements on any day that he did things - including during his 4 overseas tours (1 of 6 days, 1 of 4 days, 1 of 3 days and 1 of 1 day - the day on which he did the most overseas - when he went with William and Kate to France on the 4th August). Three of Harry's overseas engagements included 'watching football' on two occasions and playing 'polo' on another occasion.

William did 5 overseas tours - 1 of 19 days (averaging 2.5 engagements a day), 1 of 2 days, 1 of 3 days, and 2 of 1 day each. During those overseas days William meet Heads of Government, carried out investitures, gave speeches at conferences, attended church services and did some fun things - like wine-tasting, white-water rafting. His trip to the rugby in Sydney wasn't an official engagement.

Harry is also a full-time serving officer in the army - which seems to be being forgotten - he isn't expected to do a lot (compare him to how many Andrew did during the 80s and 90s although Andrew was less available due to serving in the navy rather than the army and wasn't based in London as a result). Harry will be a part-time royal for the next 20 years if he gets his way so around 100 a year for him.

William has been increasing his workload over the last few years - not in leaps and bounds but still increasing - which points to him slowing taking on more and more.

Kate - now that is another story - some people seem to think that around 100 is ok as she has a young child and is pregnant with her second but when compared to Sophie in the year after Louise was born, and remembering that Sophie nearly died having Louise, Kate's figures don't look so good - Sophie did around 180 the year after Louise's birth while Kate managed fewer than that in the 18 months since having George.

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 12:03:25 am »

I think the count by Mr. O'Donavan is the most accurate.  Has it been published yet?  Usually it shows up in the Times doesn't it?  There are a cpouple of counts out now so I may have overlooked this .

Harry is not a full time military person - even a officer from the military commented on this a few months ago - that Harry had a "special assignment" working on Invictus.  He is supposed to return to full time duties come February.

Don't forget that famous quote by Mark Bolland - "the royals are very good at working 3 days a week 5 months out of the year and making it look as if they work very hard".
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 01:37:29 am »

I think the concept of working royal has been hype for pretty much ever, but now the scales are falling and the Windsors are not looking good at all. Might be just me, but the Windsors are now officially becoming obsolete.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2015, 03:16:44 am »

^ don't know about obsolete - the Queen after all just got picked as the most moral person among the UK

Their popularity ratings are still [pretty high.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 03:20:05 am »

Mr O'Donovan's figures are up on RoyalCentral.

I don't have access to The Times or The Telegraph where his letter is published.

The poster on TRF indicated throughout the year that there were many problems with the British monarchy website not updating properly and was relying on posters who had access to The Times to send through the 'missing days'. I suspect that the DM only used the website and didn't use the stuff sent to The Times and so the DM was missing many days of information.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2015, 07:02:51 am »

^ don't know about obsolete - the Queen after all just got picked as the most moral person among the UK

Their popularity ratings are still [pretty high.

Yes Cate, the Queen's televised TV Christmas message also topped the ratings! It beat other shows by about 20%. 7.8 million viewers watched at 3pm. That's 50.7% share of viewers.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 07:06:02 am »

Mr O'Donovan's figures are up on RoyalCentral.

I don't have access to The Times or The Telegraph where his letter is published.

The poster on TRF indicated throughout the year that there were many problems with the British monarchy website not updating properly and was relying on posters who had access to The Times to send through the 'missing days'. I suspect that the DM only used the website and didn't use the stuff sent to The Times and so the DM was missing many days of information.

Yes I read that too. Why that website isn't kept completely up to date is a mystery, IMO.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 02:20:45 pm »

I think the count by Mr. O'Donavan is the most accurate.  Has it been published yet?  Usually it shows up in the Times doesn't it?  There are a cpouple of counts out now so I may have overlooked this .[/b]

Harry is not a full time military person - even a officer from the military commented on this a few months ago - that Harry had a "special assignment" working on Invictus.  He is supposed to return to full time duties come February.

Don't forget that famous quote by Mark Bolland - "the royals are very good at working 3 days a week 5 months out of the year and making it look as if they work very hard".

Yes it is up its the first two post in thread  flower
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 02:20:36 am »

How fear of 'The Table' keeps the Royals busy

The media attention focused on Prince Harry in Washington is in stark contrast to the lack of interest in overseas jaunts by other members of the Royal Family. On the day Harry arrived in the US, the Princess Royal began an official visit to New York, the Duke of Gloucester arrived in Alabama and Prince Edward popped up in Toronto. Why do they bother? Explains my royal source: ‘They live in fear of The Table – an annual ranking of how many events they’ve undertaken. Officially, no such table exists – but it does and is carefully studied. The royals are expected to earn their crusts.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3296079/EPHRAIM-HARDCASTLE-fear-Table-keeps-Royals-busy.html#ixzz3q6lNDBwd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2016, 05:14:45 pm »

The Queen, 89, carries out 341 engagements in 2015 shaming Prince Harry, William and Kate who only managed 292 between them (but they're all beaten by Princess

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3381158/The-Queen-89-carries-340-engagements-2015-shaming-Prince-Harry-William-Kate-managed-292-beaten-Princess-Anne.html#ixzz3w0uxaTJ5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Which royal has done the most this year? The answer will shock you..
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/630738/Royal-engagement-Queen-William-Kate-Charles-Princess-Anne

Tim O'Donovan has written his annual letter to The Times outlining the engagements of the BRF in 2015:

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/jtserafim/media/engagements_zps85dmzxww.jpg.html
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 05:21:55 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged
Countess of Holland
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2016, 06:53:43 pm »

Did the quiz 'Which royal are you'.

http://games.express.co.uk/quizzes-games?game=arkadiuminc13/a-which-member-of-the-royal-family-are-you&_ga=1.199171562.479402127.1443027219

Thank Gawd I am not like Waity but more like the Prince of Wales. Not the most glamorous person around but hardworking en showing commitment to his causes.
HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2016, 09:52:08 pm »

I am Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: