Royal Gossip
July 25, 2017, 01:43:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen and The DoE: News and Photos II  (Read 52694 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #740 on: July 09, 2017, 06:24:15 pm »

Tourism isn't enough of a reason; that level of money, perks, and privilege, bringing in tourists isn't enough of a reason.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #741 on: July 09, 2017, 06:39:35 pm »

^^ Tourism would bring in much more if there were no royal family, because palaces et al would be open (full time and all or at least most of them). That's also just one reason why the tourism argument is false.
No one goes to any country because of the country's respective royals. Danish sycophants like to claim that their royals are a tourist attraction/ magnet, but I have yet to meet anyone who wants to go to Denmark because of their royals (whether some are even aware at all of the Danish royals is also a valid question...).
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #742 on: July 09, 2017, 10:48:23 pm »

Whilst the the old sugars of the UK keep trotting out that the rf bring in loads of tourism, there is an article, several years old, which states otherwise, you do not need an rf to bring in tourism, the Palace of Versailles being a prime example.  That is on here somewhere, but I also read this yesterday.

Only 3 of the top 10 tourist destinations have a Royal family  UK being no. 8

http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/only-2-of-the-top-10-tourist-destinations-have-a-royal-family

I visited the UK on my last Euro trip. Honestly, I was more interested in seeing all things Queen Victoria than any of them that are still living and breathing. Buckingham Palace, the place most would associated with the current royals, isn't even open most of the time so, how could they possibly be a real tourism draw?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #743 on: July 19, 2017, 02:11:07 pm »

Governor-General breaks royal protocol by TOUCHING the Queen as she leaves Canada House after marking the 150th anniversary of the Confederation (and shows off his very colourful socks!)

The Queen, 91, and Prince Philip, 96, toured London's Canada House today
    But Canada's Governor-General broke protocol by touching the Queen's arm
    David Johnston, who showed off his maple leaf socks, aided queen down stairs
    Queen looked elegant in a floral suit with historic diamond maple leaf brooch
    Monarch arrived with a smiling Duke of Edinburgh, 96, to mark the unification of the British colonies of Canada in 1867

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4710118/Queen-Prince-Philip-visit-Canada-House.html
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #744 on: July 19, 2017, 04:42:08 pm »

I am wondering if she is aware of yet another debacle in Poland/Germany.  The diplomats will be keeping HM informed no doubt, they will no doubt have emailed their thoughts on the club med holiday oops, taxpayer funded tour for a disinterested couple and their hidden sprogs.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #745 on: July 23, 2017, 04:04:48 pm »

She's a pearly Queen! Her majesty looks resplendent in white as she arrives at Crathie Church on the first Sunday of her annual break in Balmoral

The Queen arrived at Crathie Church a short distance from Balmoral Castle
    The castle is still open to the public and she is likely to stay in Craigowan Lodge
    Balmoral, which was bought by Prince Albert for £32,000 in 1852, is said to be the Queen's favourite home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4722266/The-Queen-arrives-Crathie-Church-Balmoral.html
interrobanger
royal watcher

« Reply #746 on: July 24, 2017, 06:13:01 pm »

I feel like this is "Fake News," but I would love for it to be true:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/07/20/queen-elizabeth-revealed-her-favourite-pop-song-and-its-a-gay-anthem/
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #747 on: July 24, 2017, 09:17:12 pm »

I'm with you and think this is fake news too. I cannot imagine HM revealing any personal tidbits to strangers.

True, she might know the song, but it doesn't mean it's her favourite. And I read that HM always goes to see Oklahoma! the musical when it I see on stage, later made into a film, to be her favourite show. So I could imagine that that would include her favourite music.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: