Royal Gossip
November 19, 2017, 05:34:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen and The DoE: News and Photos II  (Read 58783 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #740 on: July 09, 2017, 06:24:15 pm »

Tourism isn't enough of a reason; that level of money, perks, and privilege, bringing in tourists isn't enough of a reason.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #741 on: July 09, 2017, 06:39:35 pm »

^^ Tourism would bring in much more if there were no royal family, because palaces et al would be open (full time and all or at least most of them). That's also just one reason why the tourism argument is false.
No one goes to any country because of the country's respective royals. Danish sycophants like to claim that their royals are a tourist attraction/ magnet, but I have yet to meet anyone who wants to go to Denmark because of their royals (whether some are even aware at all of the Danish royals is also a valid question...).
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #742 on: July 09, 2017, 10:48:23 pm »

Whilst the the old sugars of the UK keep trotting out that the rf bring in loads of tourism, there is an article, several years old, which states otherwise, you do not need an rf to bring in tourism, the Palace of Versailles being a prime example.  That is on here somewhere, but I also read this yesterday.

Only 3 of the top 10 tourist destinations have a Royal family  UK being no. 8

http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/only-2-of-the-top-10-tourist-destinations-have-a-royal-family

I visited the UK on my last Euro trip. Honestly, I was more interested in seeing all things Queen Victoria than any of them that are still living and breathing. Buckingham Palace, the place most would associated with the current royals, isn't even open most of the time so, how could they possibly be a real tourism draw?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #743 on: July 19, 2017, 02:11:07 pm »

Governor-General breaks royal protocol by TOUCHING the Queen as she leaves Canada House after marking the 150th anniversary of the Confederation (and shows off his very colourful socks!)

The Queen, 91, and Prince Philip, 96, toured London's Canada House today
    But Canada's Governor-General broke protocol by touching the Queen's arm
    David Johnston, who showed off his maple leaf socks, aided queen down stairs
    Queen looked elegant in a floral suit with historic diamond maple leaf brooch
    Monarch arrived with a smiling Duke of Edinburgh, 96, to mark the unification of the British colonies of Canada in 1867

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4710118/Queen-Prince-Philip-visit-Canada-House.html
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #744 on: July 19, 2017, 04:42:08 pm »

I am wondering if she is aware of yet another debacle in Poland/Germany.  The diplomats will be keeping HM informed no doubt, they will no doubt have emailed their thoughts on the club med holiday oops, taxpayer funded tour for a disinterested couple and their hidden sprogs.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #745 on: July 23, 2017, 04:04:48 pm »

She's a pearly Queen! Her majesty looks resplendent in white as she arrives at Crathie Church on the first Sunday of her annual break in Balmoral

The Queen arrived at Crathie Church a short distance from Balmoral Castle
    The castle is still open to the public and she is likely to stay in Craigowan Lodge
    Balmoral, which was bought by Prince Albert for £32,000 in 1852, is said to be the Queen's favourite home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4722266/The-Queen-arrives-Crathie-Church-Balmoral.html
interrobanger
royal watcher

« Reply #746 on: July 24, 2017, 06:13:01 pm »

I feel like this is "Fake News," but I would love for it to be true:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/07/20/queen-elizabeth-revealed-her-favourite-pop-song-and-its-a-gay-anthem/
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #747 on: July 24, 2017, 09:17:12 pm »

I'm with you and think this is fake news too. I cannot imagine HM revealing any personal tidbits to strangers.

True, she might know the song, but it doesn't mean it's her favourite. And I read that HM always goes to see Oklahoma! the musical when it I see on stage, later made into a film, to be her favourite show. So I could imagine that that would include her favourite music.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #748 on: July 25, 2017, 11:31:52 pm »

Duke of Edinburgh's final official royal engagement before retirement will be a Royal Marines parade at Buckingham Palace next week 64 years after he was made head of the British Commandos

Prince Philip's final public engagement before he retires will be on August 2
    Will attend a Royal Marines' charity parade outside Queen's London residence
    Philip was appointed Captain General of the Royal Marines on June 2, 1953

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4728984/Duke-Edinburgh-s-final-official-royal-engagement.html

Best bit of the article:

Number of days spent on public engagements in 2017 so far (up to July 25)

Duchess of Cambridge 37

Duke of Cambridge 43

Prince Harry 44

The Queen 49

Duchess of Cornwall 49

Duke of Edinburgh 51

Earl of Wessex 52

Duke of York 68

Prince of Wales 87

Princess Royal 106

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #749 on: July 26, 2017, 12:29:37 am »

^SMH. There is no excuse for someone twice - or in Phil's case, 3 times your age - running circles around you. None at all. And don't give me that BS about having "young children." She's got a whole dang army of help (we saw the pic they tried to have deleted) in addition to a grandparent that practically lives with them full time.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #750 on: July 26, 2017, 04:00:09 am »

^ tehe some help that motley crew is.  I had no idea it took that many people to look so bloody awful.  I thought The DoNothings were just natural at being useless, these numpties actually have help for that too!

I haven't played since I stopped
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #751 on: July 29, 2017, 12:18:14 pm »

I found this on the internet yesterday.  It has no date on it.  Must confess never thought much of the QM, mean face on her, and I know from somone close who was an RPO of the QM in her later years that she was a nasty piece of work, and was very disliked.  Couldn´t draw the person out much of course, valued the good pension too much (who can blame them) just a snippet or two here and there.  However he did say very few could stand her, very arrogant and looked down at everyone as if they were a piece of dirt on the floor.  Have read a lot about her from various articles, and I personally don´t think she was the "sweet old woman" she was made out to be.  The medds would have stood no chance if she was still around, neither would murky murkle.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/can-we-finally-tell-the-t_b_299297.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #752 on: July 29, 2017, 12:58:50 pm »

^ I think she's mainly to blame for her daughter being a failure at mothering her kids and Charles being the cream puff that he is.

I haven't played since I stopped
india
Princess

« Reply #753 on: July 29, 2017, 02:53:03 pm »

^ I do believe you are correct Sheridan.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #754 on: July 29, 2017, 09:13:33 pm »

^ I think she's mainly to blame for her daughter being a failure at mothering her kids and Charles being the cream puff that he is.

She pampered Charles to the extent that she felt him center of the universe. Charles wrote whining letters about school so she was about to put on her coat and hat to "rescue him." Fortunately she did not get out the door.  I think QE II was wimpy when she saw potentially disastrous consequences for her childrens' behavior and did nothing about it.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #755 on: July 29, 2017, 11:21:28 pm »

I do think HM made a huge mistake when she refused to get rid of Camilla somehow; all it would have taken is a phone call to transfer Andrew and an order could have been issued from HM to have Camilla go with Andrew. Problem solved and then at least there would have been breathing space for Diana to fix the marriage.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #756 on: July 29, 2017, 11:38:22 pm »

Panic at Windsor Castle as gas leak hits servants' quarter - 25 years after great fire which caused £36m worth of damage

The gas was shut off after the housemaid smelled something at Windsor Castle
    Engineers were brought in to fix ruptured pipe located in the Royal Mews home
    'The leak mainly affected the servants' quarters,' a source was quoted as saying
    Comes 25 years after massive blaze inflicted £36million worth of damage there

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4742774/Gas-leak-Windsor-castle-sparks-panic-25-years.html
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #757 on: July 30, 2017, 12:03:30 am »

Instead of treating him like a special snowflake, the QM should have told Charles to stop complaining and deal with it. It would have toughened him up a bit and made him not think he's better than everyone else. I also think his uncle was a bad influence.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #758 on: July 30, 2017, 03:16:23 am »

^^^She figured Diana would just fall in line and accept whatever Chuck dished out. In their minds, royal wives should accept their husbands screwing around. She didn't plan on Diana responding to the whole thing the way that she did.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #759 on: July 30, 2017, 03:28:53 am »

Turmoil at Palace as Queen's right hand man quits and William and Harry's top aides consider standing down in dramatic shake up of Royal staff
t comes as the Queen and her heir the Prince of Wales attempt to impose greater unity on the rival ‘firms’ or households of the younger Royals
It comes as the Queen and her heir the Prince of Wales attempt to impose greater unity on the rival ‘firms’ or households of the younger Royals. This is a watershed moment for the monarchy, as the Queen and Prince Philip step back from official duties and hand responsibility to the younger generation.
‘Sir Christopher’s departure is just the beginning. Major changes are afoot. Yes, it is a shake-up,’ said a senior source. One of those who is understood to be considering his position is Prince William’s Private Secretary, Miguel Head.
Another said to be weighing up his options is Prince Harry’s Private Secretary Edward Lane Fox, a former captain in the Household Cavalry.
The impending departures are seen as part of a shake-up as the Queen and Charles move to take control of disharmony among the different Royal Households.
It follows Sir Christopher’s forceful plea to all the households in May this year to come together ‘on message’.
Jason Knauf, communications secretary to William, Kate and Harry, said Mr Head had no plans to leave. He made no comment on Mr Lane Fox’s planned departure.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4743082/Queen-s-aide-quits-dramatic-shake-Royal-staff.html#ixzz4oHH3c0hL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
 eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: