Royal Gossip
July 25, 2017, 01:41:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen and The DoE: News and Photos II  (Read 52691 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #720 on: June 27, 2017, 09:20:13 pm »

Queen to receive £6m pay increase from public funds
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40412343?ocid=socialflow_twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #721 on: June 28, 2017, 02:13:16 am »

Didn't the palace just release a fluff piece about the Firm only costing a handful of change per year, per taxpayer?

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #722 on: June 28, 2017, 12:48:41 pm »

Jolly holiday! Never-before-seen photos capture the Royal Family being greeted by crowds in Scotland in the 1950s (and reveal the Queen Mother's close bond with her grandson Prince Charles)

Black-and-white photos taken on a Royal Family trip to Scotland in the 1950s have been recently unearthed
    They offer snapshots of family life as the royals meet friends, officials and adoring members of the public
    In one image the Queen Mother is seen leaning down to embrace her grandson Prince Charles, then aged 11
    The rare images were collected by a former royal body guard and will be auctioned in Cheltenham tomorrow

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4646410/Photos-royals-trip-Scotland-1950s.html
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #723 on: June 28, 2017, 02:38:47 pm »

Why are we bothered about seeing them now, more pr?  Bit late for all that.  67 years ago, and they release them now.   If it is pr they are after, yet again, it is a miserable failure.  I would not want them given to me, they would go straight in the bin or set light to them.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #724 on: June 28, 2017, 03:02:07 pm »

^ I bet it's PR for them. The negative press in the past few weeks, which has intensified in the last week or so, has been at quite a high.
C&C slandering D, queen Camz PR in swing, Cathy near naked at Ascot in a super expensive frock that looks the same as the one the year before, Bill and his new Fifa scandal, Harry and his actress, people's anger over Grenfell Tower whilst they live in plush palaces, Harry's & Bill's spectacular interviews.. Frankly it's been one disaster after the other press wise for the Winds. I'm pretty sure it's to soften people's hearts towards them over some nostalgia and "look at little cutie Charles!" baby pics, gawd knows the Cambs aren't forthcoming in that department, unless severe bad press is surrounding them.
Though they forget that people now also know that queen mum was far far away from the "nice granny" image she had, she was quite a mean woman, to say the least. Honestly, they'd be better off to call in a referndum or straight up pack their coffers, doesn't make much sense to me anymore.   dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #725 on: June 28, 2017, 08:49:22 pm »

HM needs to stop this and just focus on asserting her authority. I'm shocked at how Charles is still abusing his mother so publicly and how he's going after his mother while ignoring that she is his SOVEREIGN. I am so fed up with this, seeing a head of state getting this kind of abuse.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #726 on: June 28, 2017, 08:59:09 pm »

She should have nipped this in the bud decades ago.  Chuckles is the way he is because she let him get away with it.

I haven't played since I stopped
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #727 on: June 28, 2017, 10:25:28 pm »

^^^ Knew a guy at the golf club, several years ago now, been retired from the police force for a good while, I think he passed on a year or two agao.  He was one of the RPO´s for the QM for several .  He said nobody could stand her, mean old b*tch if ever there was one, treated the staff like dirt beneath her shoe, and allegedly she was always three sheets to the wind with her alcohol intake.  He said in some ways it was an easy number in the last few years of her life as she only got up and had breakfast at 10.30, with a little nip of course, then a late lunch with more "nips", and so the day carried on.  With her little alcohlic siesta´s in between she was easy to keep an eye on, either at the bottle or sleeping it off. She was no innocent, if she was around there would be no medds or murkys, they would have been despatched pronto and no mistake.  I think he could have told us an awful lot more, but of course not allowed to, and a lot of pension to lose if they spill the beans.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #728 on: June 28, 2017, 10:32:01 pm »

thankyou I always love a bit of insight and some inside stories; I don't doubt a word of yours!!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #729 on: June 29, 2017, 01:05:37 am »

I think the QM was the only one with backbone in that family; the best leaders are not always the nicest people. QM and the courtiers were one team and I do think that the QM would have exposed the MIdds early on and let William get burned.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #730 on: June 29, 2017, 02:17:17 am »

In the Scotland pictures, I like the photograph of the Queen Mother driving in the Scottish town. Her hat consists of flowers. Also she has a boquet of flowers.  thankyou thankyou thankyou
sandy
Princess

« Reply #731 on: June 30, 2017, 12:25:23 am »

I think the QM was the only one with backbone in that family; the best leaders are not always the nicest people. QM and the courtiers were one team and I do think that the QM would have exposed the MIdds early on and let William get burned.

She would not have let William play normal and slack off . She would have insisted he and Harry do their quota of work before getting perks.

She did not want a Charles and Camilla wedding in her lifetime.

That said, she spoiled Charles and pretty much  encouraged his sense of self entitlement. She was hypocritical since she encouraged Charles' affair with Camilla as long as she was "safely" married.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #732 on: June 30, 2017, 12:28:40 am »

I'm disgusted that a woman her age even HAD to keep that family in line. She was right to have forbidden a wedding since no mistress has business becoming a wife.

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #733 on: June 30, 2017, 11:55:05 pm »

She was without a doubt a domineering snob who could be charming when she wanted something.  A hypocrite and a drunk, much like Princess Margaret.  My family knew  her well   She did not HAVE to keep that family in line.  The Monarch is the head of the family along with her husband.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:58:09 pm by Tatiana » Logged

jackiew
courtier

« Reply #734 on: July 02, 2017, 12:43:10 pm »

A new official portrait of the Queen to mark Canada's 150th birthday.
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2017/07/a-new-official-portrait-of-queen.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #735 on: July 02, 2017, 07:16:57 pm »

She was without a doubt a domineering snob who could be charming when she wanted something.  A hypocrite and a drunk, much like Princess Margaret.  My family knew  her well   She did not HAVE to keep that family in line.  The Monarch is the head of the family along with her husband.

Charles needed to have some humility. The Queen Mum overindulged him and made him think he could do what he pleased because he was The Heir.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #736 on: July 02, 2017, 10:12:12 pm »

Upchuck will always do what he pleases, just as he's always done. Too late for humility now.  Angry
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2017, 12:35:27 pm »

Too warm, your Majesty? Photograph captures rare glimpse of the Queen dispensing with formality - and her trademark coat - to display her summer dress in the Scottish sunshine

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4674170/Queen-visits-Stirling-Castle-Scotland.html#ixzz4m92Wew5D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #738 on: July 08, 2017, 02:31:07 am »

Elizabeth II's dress with the tulip design is very pretty for Spring and Summer.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #739 on: July 09, 2017, 06:21:25 pm »

Whilst the the old sugars of the UK keep trotting out that the rf bring in loads of tourism, there is an article, several years old, which states otherwise, you do not need an rf to bring in tourism, the Palace of Versailles being a prime example.  That is on here somewhere, but I also read this yesterday.

Only 3 of the top 10 tourist destinations have a Royal family  UK being no. 8

http://www.dorseteye.com/north/articles/only-2-of-the-top-10-tourist-destinations-have-a-royal-family
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: