Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 09:00:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen and The DoE: News and Photos II  (Read 54194 times)
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #680 on: May 26, 2017, 03:03:55 pm »

^Yes, thank God for small mercies the lazy duo did not go.  Have to confess, although a lovely gesture, and handled very well, I do have to agree that the hat and coat clashed very badly, even had the hat been blue, it was still a very "Mad Hatter Teaparty" type hat.    Maybe she though it would cheer the children up, who knows, but all I can say is IMO it was a dreadful choice to make, most unlike HM.
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #681 on: May 26, 2017, 03:53:34 pm »

^Yes, thank God for small mercies the lazy duo did not go.  Have to confess, although a lovely gesture, and handled very well, I do have to agree that the hat and coat clashed very badly, even had the hat been blue, it was still a very "Mad Hatter Teaparty" type hat.    Maybe she though it would cheer the children up, who knows, but all I can say is IMO it was a dreadful choice to make, most unlike HM.

Agreed.  It's fairly unusual for the Queen to show up in such in "unusual" fashion choice.  Maybe QE's personal dresser had the day off and the Queen dressed herself.  If looking at how QE decorated Balmoral is anything to go by, then maybe fashion choice makes a little more sense easter-lol.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #682 on: May 26, 2017, 08:54:40 pm »

^^^^  In fairness to HM the hat was the same colour as the dress (as was the coat).  However, given the gravity of the situation I think what she was wore was secondary to how she presented herself to the victims and staff.  As usual she was exemplary and never once made it about "her".

Agreed about the presentation part.  Thank god WK wasn't inflicted on them.

Could you imagine the questions she would ask the victims?

"Did it hurt when the blast hit you?"
"Were you frightened?"

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #683 on: May 27, 2017, 01:29:44 am »

It was gracious that Queen Elizabeth II visited the injured at the hospital. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Pkddmo8LE
india
Princess

« Reply #684 on: May 27, 2017, 02:05:55 am »

HM has to get out there and do this. Harry and Whimpo are disasters. Someone has to pick up the slack. Those two ought to be ashamed of themselves.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #685 on: May 27, 2017, 03:26:46 am »

^

They certainly couldn't have sent Cath as she would have made one of her terrible gaffs and would at some point have been uncontrollably guffawing and grabbing her crotch; a disaster and all so very inappropriate.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #686 on: May 27, 2017, 04:25:43 am »

HM has to get out there and do this. Harry and Whimpo are disasters. Someone has
to pick up the slack. Those two ought to be ashamed of themselves.

They don't have shame since they never developed it. I do not think that it's in their nature; they are so absorbed in their press hype that they truly think they're above appearing at the bedside of the suffering. Harry has his future wife to spend time with and Invictus and raising money for his African charity (forget about the British) while William is playing at being a pilot and Kate is running home to her mother to be coddled like a child. None of them ever have (or ever will) care about 'little things' like visiting the bedside of the suffering or bothering to even try to reach out to the victims. They're to grand for that.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Spotted Dick
gossip insider

« Reply #687 on: May 27, 2017, 10:11:37 am »

I don't think Harry would've done a bad job.  He's generally pretty good at relating to people. 
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #688 on: May 27, 2017, 10:37:48 am »

It is stunning to see how many professionals were required so this, for me, required the sovereign presence.  And I don't know that anybody else from the BRF would've been appropriate at the first go. 

I can only imagine WK in this bringing it to herself, "Being a parent myself I can feel the same fear" or something equally idiotic and unhelpful.  HM set the right tone of immovable grit and concern.

When I see her blue coat and orange/blue dress in the video it works for me.  She has to balance her overwhelming presence with cheery colors for children.  So, in that case, it's right.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #689 on: May 27, 2017, 11:04:22 am »

I think that the Queen was absolutely shocked by the Manchester carnage, and believed that as sovereign she should go and show her concern at this time. Visiting the victims of this attack wouldn't have had the same impact if other members of the BRF had gone first, even the Prince of Wales. I believe she felt it was right to go, her duty to go, and so it was arranged.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #690 on: May 27, 2017, 12:31:48 pm »

When incidents like this happen the BRF look at who is available and send the highest ranking they can.

As the Queen was going to Manchester anyway for Duchy of Lancaster events it made sense for her to go on this visit.

If it had been Charles and Camilla who were planning on being in or near Manchester then they would have gone - as they did with the Westminster victims. William, Kate and Harry went to the memorial service for that.

Harry couldn't have gone to Manchester as he is in Africa while William was working (a rare event according to some people but one he actually does as often as he is scheduled to do so - half a normal schedule as the other half is spent on royal duties. That is why we get a spurt of events in one week and then nothing - because he is on air ambulance duties and hopefully for him he is able to sit around the ready room and play cards as that means there are no call-outs but the press don't like it as they don't get to see him and the public don't believe that he is working unless he is in the air all the time when in fact for many shifts they won't get a call-out at all and then get five in a day).

Anne wasn't available as she was in Edinburgh spending the week as the Lord High Commissioner to the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland. This is a job that different members of the Queen's family do on a rotating basis. Edward and Andrew have both done in in the past decade. No doubt William will do this in the next four to six years.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #691 on: May 27, 2017, 01:57:44 pm »

William is not like the rest of them. He can take off when he wants and has flexible hours. They are not going to tell a future King he "can't" take time off. William should have gone to full time duties instead of taking on that copter job.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #692 on: May 27, 2017, 04:48:24 pm »

I don't know about anybody but the Queen being appropriate for something of this magnitude and first visit.  Moving forward, yes.  This is not a train accident, it's a war whether it's named as such or not.  Treason, really.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #693 on: June 11, 2017, 04:17:56 am »

Gun salutes boom out in honour of Prince Philip's 96th birthday today. He is at Windsor, celebrating quietly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4591540/41-gun-salute-Duke-Edinburgh-s-birthday.html
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #694 on: June 12, 2017, 10:02:48 pm »

GOT TO BE KIDDING What is goatskin paper, does it contain goat and why is it used for the Queen’s Speech? Here’s all you need to know
THE paper used to print the Queen’s Speech got on political reporters’ goat after it emerged no animal hide is used in its making — despite being called goatskin.

It hit headlines after Government sources revealed the speech – used to outline the PM’s agenda for the year – would be pushed back amid Tory turmoil following the shock General Election hung Parliament.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3782893/goatskin-paper-queens-speech/

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #695 on: June 16, 2017, 12:39:20 pm »

A ripple of anger as the Queen and  Prince William depart. Unusually so after a royal visit. Shock is turning to anger here https://t.co/IPrZbyUVrS

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #696 on: June 16, 2017, 01:04:25 pm »

There was some anger expressed by people who didn't get to speak to the Queen and William. William heard them and said 'I'll be back!'

This report states there was applause as they visited and spoke to firefighters and community representatives.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/06/16/20/11/queen-william-visit-london-fire-centre
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 01:12:11 pm by Rosella » Logged
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #697 on: June 16, 2017, 01:21:46 pm »

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

scroll down for the video - there clearly is shouting it seems people wanted the chance to talk to Will and the Queen.  William apparently reassured them he would be back.

one can understand the anger, people do need a chance to be listened to and reassured about their concerns. 
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #698 on: June 16, 2017, 02:07:34 pm »

^ITA, I hope William meant what he said about returning.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #699 on: June 16, 2017, 02:31:55 pm »

'It's one of the most terrible things I have ever seen': Queen and Prince William comfort survivors of the Grenfell Tower disaster as he vows 'we will come back'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4610270/Queen-Prince-William-visit-Grenfell-Tower-survivors.html#ixzz4kAipENWR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: