Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 08:57:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen and The DoE: News and Photos II  (Read 54177 times)
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2016, 12:08:41 am »

^ I agree Cate. With all of the stuff that is going on right now they were probably just trying to be careful. Since they usually run on the same kind of schedule this time of year, maybe they tried to mix it up to keep crazies from trying anything so the best they came up with was, hey everybody caught a cold.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #621 on: December 23, 2016, 12:51:26 am »

It is possible that they both have a cold. When families spend several hours a day apart (work, school) it is usually the case that one person brings it home and gives it to the rest of the family. In their case, they're around the same people, so it makes sense they could both get sick on the same day.  dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #622 on: December 25, 2016, 03:01:51 am »

The Queen praises 'ordinary people doing extraordinary things' and 'inspirational' Team GB athletes in her Christmas Day address
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4064538/The-Queen-praises-ordinary-people-doing-extraordinary-things-inspirational-Team-GB-athletes-Christmas-Day-address.html#ixzz4TobFhqrO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #623 on: January 15, 2017, 01:15:01 pm »

The Queen is joined by David and Serena Linley as she attends Flitcham Church near Sandringham. #Royals #QueenElizabeth https://t.co/kjUleF4ooc

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #624 on: January 15, 2017, 03:31:20 pm »

HM looks better!
AND she has something nice going on in her life too:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4121172/The-Queen-steps-walk-trusted-courtier-s-dogs-got-sick-look-dogs-death-week.html
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #625 on: February 06, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »

Queen's Sapphire Jubilee: Royal Mail issue blue £5 stamp to mark 65 years on throne
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/763634/queen-sapphire-jubilee-royal-mail-blue-5-stamp-65-years-monarchy-anniversary

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #626 on: February 10, 2017, 10:30:13 pm »

Elizabeth II has now reigned as Queen Regnant for 65 years.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89veTxEB804   
announcement announcement announcement announcement announcement
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #627 on: February 10, 2017, 11:03:35 pm »

celebration
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #628 on: February 11, 2017, 11:25:33 am »

An achievement, but about time she retired IMO.  At 90 she should be sitting back and enjoying what quality of life she has, not running the show because chucky boy is still not fit for the job.
Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #629 on: February 11, 2017, 03:51:59 pm »

I'm terrified of the day she goes anyplace and leaves her proverbial throne unattended. Insofar as I'm concerned, may ER reign forever. Not realistic, but I don't care. For all her faults, she's the Queen and I've grown accustomed to seeing her face on everything. I'm being facetious, but seriously, I hope she is fit, well, and hangs around for as long as she likes.

I do, however, feel badly that her life affords her no retirement. I do wish some of her more workshy descendants would step up and help their Granny. If they took on just a bit of the work, she could possibly have something like Wednesday mornings free to herself and she could play bridge or take up decoupage or play with her dogs. She does seem to work very hard for her age.

65 years of service to one's country. In moments like these, I wonder at her thoughts and feelings and perceptions.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #630 on: February 11, 2017, 06:35:45 pm »

I don´t wish here ill or dead, but she could step down, no reason why she can´t have a retirement, not as though she is short of cash.  I do not feel sorry for her that she carries on working, it is her choice entirely.  It is also not actually hard work, she doesn´t even have to iron a handkerchief, let alone anything else, everything is done for her.  I read an article a while back that she personally feeds her dogs  -  the person in charge does the food, puts it in their respective bowls and HM comes along and gives each dog their own bowl  -  hardly taxing is it.  Her staff glam her up and off she goes.  I will give her the fact that she reads up on her engagements etc., but anyone in a pr position would have to do that, and she is pr for the rf.  Nope, she can step down, she doesn´t want to, she is no victim, she is her own mistress.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #631 on: February 11, 2017, 06:40:23 pm »

HM let all this horror happen.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #632 on: February 11, 2017, 07:17:01 pm »

^ and ^^ both honestly very good points, and entirely true. I tend to be a little more, I don't know the right word, because we all know what's coming down the pike and I know a lot of people, most not so innocent, but some innocent as these things go, not the RF but those impacted by them, will suffer more in future than they do at present. She did let this happen, and it's just sad all around.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #633 on: February 11, 2017, 08:20:00 pm »

HM surely knew all about Uncle Gary and likely has been heavily informed as to all of what he might be getting up to still. It's the same with the Middleton family and frankly HM could have acted at any point. If the Midds were laundering money, HM could have had that entire family arrested and could have made it clear that no one would be protected if they are breaking the law. HM had so many resources that she could have wiped K Midd off the pedestal she had. She could have gone down in modern history as a living legend of strength and power, but she chose instead of hide behind her curtains like a housewife.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #634 on: February 11, 2017, 11:07:57 pm »

^ I am with you on that.  If the medds think that HM was, and still is, unaware of all they get up to then they are total dopes.  Bet every last piece of dirt on them in in files for HM to read.  She, and she alone, has allowed the rf to become a lauhging stock world wide by allowing it all to continue.  She is not just head of the family, she is head of state, and she does have a core of steel going through her, on many fronts, but not this one.  Sadly, she has made herself look a weak, stupid old woman who has not got the guts to stand up to her grandsons and put them both back in their boxes.  Haza just as bad these days.  As a grandma IMO she is a total failure.  As head of the family she is a waste of space, and certainlys hould not be a head of state based on the other factors.  All very well saying she wants to go out on a high, as things stand currently that will not happen, she needs to man up and do something. Get rid of the medds en masse, including council cath and the sprogs, and then she might gain respect back from a high portion of the public.  Right now there are many who share that opinion.  And what does she do, nothing.  Mistress of her own fate and looks a complete and utter fool for letting them walk all over her and wipe their feet on her into the bargain.  I don´t think she is senile or has dementia to be honest, she just needs to grow a pair and do something about it all.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #635 on: February 12, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »

HM failed to mold her heirs as they should have been.

Charles was allowed to grow into a self indulgent whiner who basically destroyed himself via his whining about having to wait to be King (like all his ancestors did), among so many other things. HM let Andrew and the rest of her litter make fools of themselves back in the 90's and frankly HM let her younger heirs be drilled into thinking that they had a right to a normal life, but with royal perks. I know Diana is considered a holy saint on this forum, but Diana was a part of that mentality as well. HM could have figured out some means of training her heirs properly and ironing out the inner brat, but she didn't.

I sincerely think that HM lives for her own glory and is content to let the rest fall to pieces.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #636 on: February 22, 2017, 03:22:51 pm »

Ah, the royal train has been spared - at an annual expense to the taxpayer of 800.000 GBP per year. 

The Royal Train cost £800,000 in running and maintenance last year, down from £900,000 the previous year. It makes between around 15 trips annually at an estimated £52 per mile, compared with £12 per mile by air.

and

There was criticism after it was revealed a one-way trip between Windsor and York made by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh in 2012 cost £20,221. As a result, the Queen has increasingly travelled on public trains in recent years to save money.

This fascinated me

But with memories still fresh of the fate of the Royal Yacht Britannia - which was retired in 1997 to the Queen’s tearful distress ..........  Seriously, with all her money she could have saved it, no two ways about it, she is a trillionaire for goodness sake.  Doesn´t cry over much does she, but come to her taxpayer funded royal yacht and its demise brought tears to her eyes  -  crocodile tears they were IMO.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/18/royal-train-saved-scrapheap-queen-makes-known-still-favoured/
sandy
Princess

« Reply #637 on: February 22, 2017, 03:52:47 pm »

HM failed to mold her heirs as they should have been.

Charles was allowed to grow into a self indulgent whiner who basically destroyed himself via his whining about having to wait to be King (like all his ancestors did), among so many other things. HM let Andrew and the rest of her litter make fools of themselves back in the 90's and frankly HM let her younger heirs be drilled into thinking that they had a right to a normal life, but with royal perks. I know Diana is considered a holy saint on this forum, but Diana was a part of that mentality as well. HM could have figured out some means of training her heirs properly and ironing out the inner brat, but she didn't.

I sincerely think that HM lives for her own glory and is content to let the rest fall to pieces.

Diana took William on a royal walkabout and brought him to charities. I don't think William "got it" and his interpretation was to do as he pleased (get a job created just for him with ultra flexible hours and enjoy the perks. For one reason or another the Queen has a hands off attitude towards William but maybe she finally got the message since William is quitting the copter job and stepping up duties (I hope he does not come up with another excuse for non work). The Queen should have withheld any perks or awards until William was required to fulfill full time duties as a royal and completed these duties and no fake "normal" job for him.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #638 on: February 28, 2017, 08:04:08 pm »

False rumors of royal infidelity and the Queen Mother’s $9MILLION overdraft: New documentary claims to expose the troubles faced by the Queen throughout her reign

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4267582/Documentary-looks-family-troubles-Queen.html#ixzz4a0opCzVR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #639 on: February 28, 2017, 09:11:12 pm »

Ah, the royal train has been spared - at an annual expense to the taxpayer of 800.000 GBP per year. 
The Royal Train cost £800,000 in running and maintenance last year, down from £900,000 the previous year. It makes between around 15 trips annually at an estimated £52 per mile, compared with £12 per mile by air.
and
There was criticism after it was revealed a one-way trip between Windsor and York made by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh in 2012 cost £20,221. As a result, the Queen has increasingly travelled on public trains in recent years to save money.
This fascinated me
But with memories still fresh of the fate of the Royal Yacht Britannia - which was retired in 1997 to the Queen’s tearful distress ..........  Seriously, with all her money she could have saved it, no two ways about it, she is a trillionaire for goodness sake.  Doesn´t cry over much does she, but come to her taxpayer funded royal yacht and its demise brought tears to her eyes  -  crocodile tears they were IMO.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/18/royal-train-saved-scrapheap-queen-makes-known-still-favoured/

They should just cancel it and turn it into a tourist attraction; if HM isn't using it she shouldn't be upset to let go of it.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: