Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 08:58:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 40   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Queen and The DoE: News and Photos II  (Read 54184 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #600 on: December 21, 2016, 04:47:17 pm »

Buckingham Palace :"The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh have heavy colds, and so have decided not to travel to Sandringham today"

Peter Hunt

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #601 on: December 21, 2016, 05:35:47 pm »

I might be wrong, but I think we're heading towards a death watch. HM not going up to Sandringham? It could very well be that seeing Harry shatter his reputation she had the courtiers work hard at getting for him has certainly ended up taking its toll and so has the recent antics of William and Kate. There's only so much we've been able to take I cannot imagine just how bad it's been for HM, seeing so much unravel at so rapid a rate.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #602 on: December 21, 2016, 05:40:36 pm »

I've pulled the old "I'm sorry, I'm too under the weather to attend this year" to avoid godawful family horrors, too.  I hope they are both well and enjoying some time to themselves with their feet up and without that whole dang clan.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #603 on: December 21, 2016, 05:52:22 pm »

Apparently they are still going. They just aren't going today. It hasn't been cancelled. I saw in a documentary a few years ago about HM that you could literally count on two hands the times that she has cancelled during her entire reign. She is amazingly consistent. Don't know how she does it.
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #604 on: December 21, 2016, 06:07:59 pm »

Oh no, I hope that's not good, and it really sucks getting bug near the holidays. Yuck. I hope the two can rest up and take some time before they get back on their feet again.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #605 on: December 21, 2016, 07:23:54 pm »

If anyone actually is sick, my money is on Phillip. Either way, I hope he/she/they recover quickly and have a joyous holiday.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #606 on: December 21, 2016, 07:26:25 pm »

so when will they leave?  only 3 days and it is Christmas Eve -

this is so unlike HM and PP - hope they are both okay. 
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #607 on: December 21, 2016, 09:34:52 pm »

Oh please 2016, not more deaths!!! I can not handle much more.  sob sob
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #608 on: December 22, 2016, 12:24:47 am »

Everyone is so looking forward to 2017 that people are almost forgetting that 2016 isn't over yet... still has 9-10 days left (depending on your time zone).  Lips Sealed

I heard it's more common to die just after the holidays, lots of deaths in early January. But I hope PP and HM both make it at least another year (hopefully more). How awesome would that be to see a couple celebrate 70 years of marriage?  loveshower
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #609 on: December 22, 2016, 12:26:34 am »

^I can't imagine the world without HM and PP. I *despise* to think of either one of them being gone. Hope they both live to 100+ easter-lol.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #610 on: December 22, 2016, 01:26:45 am »

90 is not considered that old these days with people living to their late nineties and even past 100! Actually the Queen looks better than Camilla who is very wrinkled looking and unhealthy from years of smoking. Kirk Douglas survived a helicopter crash and a stroke and made it to 100.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #611 on: December 22, 2016, 01:53:44 am »

HM and PP seem to have pretty good genes, and obviously the best healthcare there is to be found I'm sure. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they are around at least a few more years.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #612 on: December 22, 2016, 03:14:40 am »

have to admit - suspect it may be a security issue - maybe they need a day more to beef up train and Sandringham security??  Use this as an excuse rather than talk security in the open?? 

But just in case - my prayers for the Queen and PP's good health!
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #613 on: December 22, 2016, 05:53:12 am »

I know that the QM lived to be 101, and they have the best health care available, so it is possible for them to make it to 100+. My concern is that, at their ages, what would be a minor cold for a young or middle aged person could wind up being lethal. I hope they both make a full recovery in time for Christmas Eve.
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #614 on: December 22, 2016, 05:53:09 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4058516/Queen-Prince-Philip-leave-Buckingham-Palace-Sandringham-helicopter-cancelling-plans-travel-yesterday-minute-having-come-heavy-colds.html
Queen and Prince Philip have left for their festive break in Norfolk by helicopter
Comes 24 hours after royal couple cancelled their travel plans at the last minute
Buckingham Palace said monarch and Prince Philip, 95, both have heavy colds
Helicopter trip is extremely unusual for the pair as the Queen usually takes the train and her husband drives
Queen, 90, was due to catch a train out of King’s Cross to Norfolk yesterday
thumbsup So they are okay!

Val
Duchess

« Reply #615 on: December 22, 2016, 10:00:22 pm »

^

Some strange comments out there about that situation especially as no colds evident the day before.  Varying comments re security after the Berlin situation and that it was decided not to to travel by train.  Others suggesting that it was just an excuse to travel by helicopter in the light of so much negativity regarding other members of the RF abusing helicopters.  .
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #616 on: December 22, 2016, 10:05:51 pm »

But doesn't HM travel by train?

I'm thinking along the lines of security and making sure the BRF is safe.

KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #617 on: December 22, 2016, 10:16:31 pm »

^^ The public will probably never known the truth. There was talk in the beginning that it was for security reasons. My inclination is to think they really did have colds. If it were not true, why say they both have colds. Why not just say one was sick. Coverup overkill, easter-lol.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #618 on: December 22, 2016, 10:58:43 pm »

If they had colds the. Surely they wou,d travel by tea or car, not a helicopter.   It buying that story one bit.  Strange both to come down with a heavy cold on same day.  Hogwash I. iMO.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #619 on: December 22, 2016, 11:14:00 pm »

I think it was a security issue - keep it quiet so as not to panic the public - but who knows - sometimes the simplest explanation is the truth.  Glad to hear they are up and about again.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 40   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: