Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 01:58:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Last Night of Freedom  (Read 7395 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2011, 08:03:06 pm »

I think Kate does what she thinks will make things the easiest and I have to wonder whta her mother managed to convince her as ebing not at fault for any of the bad press she gets. Same with the money she is so eager to spend; as if it's okay, because it's not HER money that is being spent, that it's okay to spend people's money freely, the LAST attitude that any royal should be brought up with.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2011, 09:11:39 pm »

I think Kate's mother and her family want to be Center Stage during this entire marriage and Kate has always let them be a the core of her relationship with William, so she won't stop now and William won't stop Carole's march either, it is other's who will block the Palace doors from freely opening for the Middleton family.

The trick for Carole is getting past the Palace Gatekeeper's eg; the Queen, Courtier's , Senior Royals and secretaries and since her  biggest hold card is Kate, she's keeping the source of her power close until the possible last minute before the wedding. With Kate ensconced in her family, Carole still has power -possibilities to demand a few things here and there(I am wondering if that is where the decision to announce a registry at Peter Jones came from after the Palace released the couple wants gifts to charities, why announce Peter Jones at all...real-close friends could just inquire with William or Kate what to do)  Carole knows the Royals won't want a scene, she knows William won't deny her, so keeping Kate close is a way of have a bit of power.IMO

[/URL]
Mada
Baroness

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »

^I totally agree, Serene Grace.

Even if you are in a minority of one. The truth is still the truth. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it. Mahatma Gandi
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 09:32:26 pm »

I think Carole might not realize this, but the Palace might not want a scene and might let Kate walk down Westminster, but the Palace is also good at stabbing in the back, slipping the knife in so deftly that the victim doesn't evne realize it's there until they're past dead. KNowing kate the way they do, the Palace will end up putting Kate in lockdown while Carole will be cut OUT and so will the extended family. This is the conundrum that the Midds face; if Kate gets that ring, SHE loses her freedom and the Palace can be vicious to those who pizz them off the way that Kate and Co. have been for years. Carole might be ambitious, but the only reason they got that ring is because they had WIlliam as a pawn, but after hte marriage, the dynamics will shift significantly.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Kezza
Baroness

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2011, 11:09:41 pm »

I agree SG and KF, and Diana found out that once she was married to Charles and had the two boys, that the boys didnt belong to her but the crown in the courtiers minds.

You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.

June
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 11:13:45 pm »

Thanks ladies!! The "well, they've been practising long enough" line sounds like the famous "Whatever love means" line aka "I'm not amused or trilled about it"...

And yes, if the thing had been planed I'm pretty sure Charles would have praticed his fake smile and the cliche line "I'm so happy for them". I'm beggining to wonder if Kate lack of appearence (living there) at one of the palaces is not only not being really welcomed but also the afraid of facing the senior royals about the whole affair...

She's screwed already, imo! They gonna make her life a living hell, wonder how long will take until she starts to regret it. My granny uses to say "Be carefull in what you wishes for, you may get it"...

You're most welcome, Mia.  BFF2

And, my mind keeps reiterating your exact words over and over ... I think that Kate has no idea what she is really in for, despite William's postulating. They've been too cloistered and protected. Nincompoop William believes he can keep manipulating everyone once Kate is on the public payroll.  X-Mas_rolleyes  hall-whistle

serenegrace: very insightful.  worship

I agree KF, and it's my bet that HM will allow this to play out naturally ... I have a feeling that she doesn't want to present as dictating to William, a la Charles (or so it goes). I do believe that HM forced William's hand, so to speak, hence his acting out like a petulant, spoilt brat, by reason that someone dared to "corner him".  But, that is quite a different matter, as it was behind closed doors, to my mind.

The problem she has is that Kate is a commoner William met at University. The fairytale spin is that these two are are really, truly, deeply in love, despite the class difference; and to keep them apart would be an unconscionable and unpardonable act of archaic snobbery and bullying. A PR disaster in the making. 

So, whilst I believe it is to her own detriment, and to against her own better judgment, HM has allowed William to live his life freely and make his own mistakes, as it were ...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2011, 11:01:35 pm »

The problem she has is that Kate is a commoner William met at University. The fairytale spin is that these two are are really, truly, deeply in love, despite the class difference; and to keep them apart would be an unconscionable and unpardonable act of archaic snobbery and bullying. A PR disaster in the making. So, whilst I believe it is to her own detriment, and to against her own better judgment, HM has allowed William to live his life freely and make his own mistakes, as it were ...

If Kate ends up costing the UK/Commonwealth jobs and prestige, the press will turn on her quick enough. The public is sick of her mooching and in time the press will get into a lot of trouble for promoting her. I think that in order to start facing reality, the press and UK govenrment (for not taking the idea of William's Consort more seriously of an interest) will have to go through a rough ride to STOP living the movieland norms as reality for the rest of the world.

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 11:19:12 pm »

To paraphrase Wallis Simpson, she once said that the most difficult and tiring thing to do was to keep up the fairytale love story that was built around her marriage with Edward. And that's what will eventually happen to William & Kate, imo! This relationship is not a natural progression of a couple in love. The disjunct between who they are and the image the media portrays is huge. Eventually Kate and William will have to put all their energy into keeping up the facade of wedded bliss and deep love and they'll not be focused on the reality of their relationship. ...

With articles like this one, I wonder if they are already trying to uphold a certain aspect of their relationship that in reality, is much different than the media portrays it to be!

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2011, 06:57:53 pm »

I am more than sure that Kate will liekly be ordered into BP the night before the wedding and then she'll get ready under orders and get a taste of what she'll be getting as a wife of a prince.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 09:16:26 pm »

I think she's be taken into one of the Palaces too on the quiet, just prior to the wedding.

[/URL]
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 03:04:36 pm »

I would hope so. No point in her partying in a hotel and I wonder if any guests were booted out because Kate just decided at the last possible moment to get a suite.

mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 03:09:52 pm »

People have been kicked out of the hotel over this

I actually think the original reports were that she was renting the entire hotel.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »

I heard about it too, but I thought it was a section.

Kate is INSANE to want to just rent and then have people thrown out! This is what actresses do, not royals!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: