Royal Gossip
December 10, 2018, 09:14:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 105134 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #660 on: June 08, 2018, 03:54:39 pm »

'One gesture showed the world the desperate need for humanity': Sir Elton John praises Princess Diana for shaking hands with a gay man dying of AIDS when a diagnosis was a ‘death sentence

Her 'compassion' caused her to 'calmly shakes hands with a man dying of AIDS'
    Taken in 1987 when stigma was rife, the gesture was a 'typical' act of kindness
    Sir Elton said: 'the gesture showed the need for humanity for people with AIDS'
    He added the Princess knew the disease could not be spread through touch
    Sir Elton wants the Princess' legacy to inspire compassion towards patients

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5820887/Sir-Elton-John-praises-late-friend-Princess-Diana-shaking-hands-gay-man-dying-AIDS.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #661 on: June 08, 2018, 04:35:58 pm »

Good to have some Diana articles. IMO.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #662 on: June 08, 2018, 09:50:01 pm »

Especially ones that don't blast her to shreds.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #663 on: June 08, 2018, 10:17:39 pm »

The DM is moderating the comments. I wonder why. To keep praise of Diana out?
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #664 on: June 09, 2018, 04:30:43 pm »

^I would hope it was to stop nasty comments in, but that doesn't appear completely the case.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #665 on: June 27, 2018, 12:52:20 am »

Bryan Adams addresses rumored romance with Princess Diana... and confirms giving explicit picture to Elton John

He was 'very good friends' with Princess Diana.

But Bryan Adams would not confirm or deny if that came with benefits on Monday night.

The Canadian rocker was a guest on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live, where he addressed romantic rumors during a game of Plead The Fifth.

'There are many rumors that you and Princess Diana were once romantically involved,' the host posed.

'Her butler said that he used to sneak you into Kensington Palace. How would you characterize your relationship with Princess Diana?'

'Great friends,' Adams replied. 'And she didn't sneak me in, I would just roll up.'

When Andy pried if they were 'friends with benefits', Adams answreed: 'She was just... we were good friends.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5888639/Bryan-Adams-addresses-rumored-romance-Princess-Diana.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #666 on: June 27, 2018, 01:51:40 pm »

I think they were just friends. The DM is stirring the pot again.

Diana should be allowed to rest in peace regarding these rumors and Adams should not be pestered about them. It is possible for men and women to be just friends.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #667 on: June 27, 2018, 09:29:46 pm »

it's the par the course with celebs. diana is a late celeb and bryn adams is, obviously, very much alive. i dont see that as DM picking on diana. in fact, who was (IF AT ALL) stirring the pot it was the host of show that Adams appeared on.
even nowdays there are UNflattering bios and docs about Sinatra (and others from his time). C'est la vie.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 09:36:29 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #668 on: June 27, 2018, 09:54:31 pm »

I looked at the moderated comments and they don't seem that fair with the posts they let in. One out and out name calls Diana "crazy" a comment that should never have been let in.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #669 on: June 27, 2018, 09:56:09 pm »

^^True.  The DM didn’t make it up so this falls on the tv show if there’s any pot stirring going on.  

^Don’t expect civility online.  Ever.  Unless it’s here.  eating cookies

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #670 on: June 29, 2018, 03:29:43 am »

That's what I like about this board. Rarely if ever is there name calling or fighting. Sorry for going OT
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #671 on: July 01, 2018, 05:12:32 pm »

Diana's 57th birthday would have been today.  I came across this by accident, but there are so cute pics here they claim have never been seen.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/713232/princess-diana-birthday-tributes-prince-harry-william-kate-middleton-royal-family-news

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #672 on: July 28, 2018, 12:54:40 pm »

Whitehall is ‘covering up the past’: File on Prince Charles and Princess Diana's marriage, Lockerbie records and MI5 'link' to Belfast lawyer death among documents blocked by government

The Advisory Council on National Records and Archives released its latest report
    Whitehall is supposed to send files to the National Archives after 20 years
    Officials can block the release of files if they compromise National security
    The number of blocked files has jumped from 4,300 to 5,900 in a year

Civil servants have been accused of covering up embarrassing incidents such as official opinions on the marriage of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, the Lockerbie atrocity and the murder of Belfast solicitor Pat Finucane.

Government departments have blocked the release of almost 6,000 documents which have been deposited in the National Archives.

Many of the documents relate to Europe and John Major's time in Downing Street.

Ordinarily, the files would be released under the 20-year rule - but Whitehall mandarins are afraid the contents would cause controversy.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6001919/Whitehall-blocks-release-embarrassing-government-files.html
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #673 on: July 30, 2018, 09:22:48 pm »

Noel Cruz repainted & restyled dolls
http://www.ncruz.com/newsite/Lady_Diana.php
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #674 on: August 24, 2018, 11:59:13 pm »

A nude model. A Greek prince. A top scientist. And a scion of the real-life Downton family, hailed by Tatler as 'good in bed': Look what became of Princess Diana's godchildren!

For these youngsters, Princess Diana was the best godmother in the world
    Today, those adored children are now mostly in their 30s
    And so what has happened in the lives of Diana’s godchildren

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6096153/A-nude-model-Greek-prince-scientist-Look-Princess-Dianas-godchildren.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #675 on: August 27, 2018, 03:16:18 pm »

I am moving a topic from another thread to here. Diana is constantly bashed for having "mental issues." She was vetted and approved by the royals and had no sign of "mental issues" before she married Charles. Charles would never have done this if Diana put up and shut up. To him "Mental Issues" were someone not putting up with the mistress. Diana put up with the marriage for ten years and was spot on about many things. Nobody is perfect. Diana could have gotten bad ulcers from her years with Charles. But it manifested itself with the bulimia.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #676 on: August 27, 2018, 04:16:29 pm »

^ Exactly. Coincidentally I watched a docu on her yesterday and literally all the "mental health" or even "post-natal depression" things go back to Charles's camp. All the accusations and amazingly they stick to this day. Her employers, colleagues, friends and family and her former nanny said all that she showed no signs whatsoever of mental illness. None. Had she had them, they would have shown up earlier, but they didn't. Also that her childhood was much happier than is let on, the family had money and her mother was around a lot after the divorce.

The first slight of "mental illness" came from Dimbleby, he saw a "connection" reading psychology magazines coupled with bulimia and had Diana diagnosed via talks to a psychologist and even he said it was actually too far fetched so he dropped it from the Chuck bio he wrote at the time. Junor however talked to Dimbleby and picked up where he left and did incorporate it in her Chuck bio. That's how it started and Junor still does, no matter what come, steadfastly claim that Diana was mentally ill, had borderline personality disorder and was depressed. Armchair psychology at its finest.

Then the paps called her "loony" or "loony tunes". They also called her "bytch" and similar. Really nice.

It was also said that Liz simply said Diana should "buck up" when she married in.

The docu also had me remember an article I read ages ago, men anonymously contributed saying that when they accuse an ex of being "crazy" it is actually their fault, because they ghost the ex-gf and she texts and asks what's up and they tell their friends how crazy she is.

Literally the Diana & Chuck scenario, he had his mistress, likely gas-lit her telling her she's crazy when she was right, eg when he was on the phone 24/7 to Camz even on the honeymoon, undermined her every step of the way, no one helped her when she married in and everyone and their dog sided with Charles when anything was up from day 1. I think anyone would go "crazy" or have their behaviour seen as "crazy" from the outside. It is also no wonder she was so distrustful later on and droppped people left right and centre because Chuck's people did spy on her and leaked stuff about her as well. Her phone was I think even bugged? Not sure about that one, but anyway that life and those circumstances woud have tippled anyone off the edge.

She was still not mentally ill at any rate. She was dealt a bad set of cards and made of them what she could.

Also watching the docu, I think it's hard to understand nowadays the fear she had of her kids being taken away from her, which was a real possibility.

One person also said that her bulimia was intermittent, she was painfully skinny and an eating disorder was apparent, but she had sparkling eyes, glowing skin, good teeth, and shiny hair, she looked the opposite of people who have it really bad with bulimia, so her case was by any standards "mild".

I also doubt she was a cutter, because she has no signs of that, no scars and no odd clothing choisces (eg long sleeves in summer and similar).

The story of her trying to commit suicide or what it was, "throwing herself off the stairs" at Balmoral or Sandringham were an exaggeration by her for Morton's book to gain more sympathy, she did fall off those stairs, but it was an accident and not deliberate as she claimed at the time.

I wish the "Diana was mentally ill" thing would finally crawl under some rock never to be brought up or seen again.
It's simply not true and I think is the shyt that sticks the most from Chuck's camp as leftover from the war of the Walses.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:18:24 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #677 on: August 27, 2018, 11:58:54 pm »

i beleive she (& her brother charles) had a unhappy childhood as a child - as any child of divorced parents in 1960/70s had - aristo heritage dont changes HUMAN feelings IMO. the nanny herself said jhonnie talked to her diana was the most affected by the divorce. i believe "throwing herself off the stairs" story. even on -off mistress of charles, janet jenkings said charles talked about this episode with her and how diana was unstable and difficult to him. i read the letters diana to carolyn bartholomew put on sale it's obvious diana suffered a lot with the divorce of her parents and she had a awful time at boarding school (it was there they met), there's a letter of diana thaking her for carolyn being there for her when she was alone and depressed (diana words here) at boarding school. the letters pre-charles just shows  really(!!!) she was a sweet, naive, insecure and with self-steem issues girl (as she portrayed herself in morton book and settelen tapes). in a letter during her 1rst royal christmas she said she missed her family especially her father johnnie and brother charles (for the way she described it looks she was really close to charles spencer and christmas was important time to them as siblings). there were letters of when they (charles &her)  were staying at balmoral because highgrove wasnt ready yet, and she referes to camilla 'you  knows who' was always on her mind and as highgrove was close to 'her' and her suspects about her were in her mind.

i dont think she said any of those things because she was a vocational fantasy writer like she's portrayed by many... but because much of that was true. and from late 1981 to late 1983 that diana needed deeply of help it beyond the obvious IMO.

In same way described to morton and are in letters to bartholomew, jane and sarah werent big presence in her life let alone supportive and loving.

anet says she is only breaking her silence now so people realise that as well as being a future king, Charles is also human, and often a lonely man.  “I don’t think either of us planned that the evening together in Highgrove should end in sex,” she says. “But he was lonely and he needed company. When we made love, it wasn’t out of lust as it used to be in our younger days. It was out of a yearning for companionship.  “I didn’t feel I was helping to break up a marriage. It seemed to me it was a marriage already over. I was extending comfort to a friend just as you might at a funeral.

“I guess you could say Charles was cheating on all of us, but likewise, we were all cheating on our husbands. Everyone was cheating on someone. I remember listening to Diana, a few years later, as she described how there were three people in her marriage. That night there were four.

“As far as I know Diana never suspected and Camilla’s name was never mentioned, not even during that night at Highgrove.”

Janet lives with her son Jason, 16, in a smart apartment block in Toronto. But it was in Montreal, working for the British Consulate, that she first met Charles in 1975.

Their on-off romance ended just before Charles met Diana, but they kept in touch, speaking on the phone every few months and meeting in both Canada and Britain. So it was at first just as old friends, that she told him she would would be visiting London in the summer of 1992 and he invited her to Highgrove for the weekend.  “A car collected me in London and dropped me off at Highgrove. Charles was waiting at the door to greet me with a kiss on each cheek,” she recalls.
She says it was impossible not to feel sorry for him as he poured out his feelings for the next four hours.  “I sat with him, holding his hand. His marriage was in deep trouble. We talked about Diana and her erratic behaviour, her weeping fits, her attempt to throw herself down the stairs  “He said, ‘I’ve tried speaking to her, but she won’t see reason. I don’t know how to reach her. Every time I try she just refuses me’.”‘
https://princessdianabookboutique.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/prince-charles-love-letter-for-sale/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:06:16 am by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #678 on: August 28, 2018, 12:35:33 am »

It is satisfying for me to know that Janet slept with Charles while he was "faithful" to Camilla. She hinted that Charles may be the father of her son Jason

Diana was healthy and happy living in that flat with people her own age and her employers had only the best things to say about her. Charles wanted a naive woman and had a "philosophical" concept of marriage and in 1994 he admitted going into the marriage preferring another woman. Any body unless she was hired as a wife to have a princes babies would have strong feelings about the man going to the honeymoon wearing the mistress' cufflinks. I guess then women who fuss must be "unstable" in Charles world. I still think had DIana turned a blind eye and played nice with Camilla Charles would not have had his friends leak the 'unstable' DIana stories. DIana did stay in the marriage for 10 years before the MOrton book. She did get the bulimia under control and after the divorce she was looking forward to a future post divorce.

Of course CHarles felt Diana was "difficult" she did not kow tow to him and spoke her mind. She was not a clone of the long suffering Alexandra who married Edward in the 19th century. A writer said she was the first person to say "no" to Charles. Charles also had ego issues and got jealous of her and down the road resorted to put downs (You are not going to wear THAT and mocking the bulimia. I think Charles had issues and he whined more than Diana about his "unhappy" childhood and being put upon. He outdid Diana in complaints.

Diana needed a supportive spouse and she did not get one. Why should a woman "need help" when she wants a loving home and husband. She did not want to Share Charles with Camilla.

Camilla's name not being mentioned is immaterial IMO> Charles cheated on her and it is a riposte to people who claim Charles only had One Mistress. He also had the long suffering Kanga Tryon.

Diana did not sit around just weeping. She was an excellent mother to her boys and they praised her. She did her work as a royal and she even said that she and Charles kept up appearances as a "happy" couple so as not to disappoint the public.

Charles is a creep whining about his wife to Janet. I can only imagine the vile things he said to Camilla who called Diana that ridiculous creature.

I always thought Charles was the one with serious issues. He was unfit to be a bridegroom and he should have left DIana alone to enjoy her life but he needed those heirs.

I don't blame Diana for being upset. ANd being upset over a husband who is emotionally abusive is not being unstable. Putting up with it IS. Diana had every right to complain IMO.

Janet did not have such a great personal life herself but I am happy she revealed Charles cheated on Camilla. It is well known that C and D were estranged then.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:39:33 am by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #679 on: August 28, 2018, 01:13:20 am »

^ Exactly. Coincidentally I watched a docu on her yesterday and literally all the "mental health" or even "post-natal depression" things go back to Charles's camp. All the accusations and amazingly they stick to this day. Her employers, colleagues, friends and family and her former nanny said all that she showed no signs whatsoever of mental illness. None. Had she had them, they would have shown up earlier, but they didn't. Also that her childhood was much happier than is let on, the family had money and her mother was around a lot after the divorce.

The first slight of "mental illness" came from Dimbleby, he saw a "connection" reading psychology magazines coupled with bulimia and had Diana diagnosed via talks to a psychologist and even he said it was actually too far fetched so he dropped it from the Chuck bio he wrote at the time. Junor however talked to Dimbleby and picked up where he left and did incorporate it in her Chuck bio. That's how it started and Junor still does, no matter what come, steadfastly claim that Diana was mentally ill, had borderline personality disorder and was depressed. Armchair psychology at its finest.

Thing is, that being mentally ill myself, that I can tell you that I am certain that the BRF would have had her checked out; I believe that the abuse Diana suffered at the hands of that rotten vile family is due to the fact that Diana wasn't being molded, but she developed as an individual and didn't just remain an obedient child that Charles wanted in a wife. As for Princess Alexandra, Edward VII NEVER tolerated any lover of his denigrating Alexandra and NEVER would have allowed a member of the press to subject her to any kind of abuse. If a photographer had yelled abuse at Alexandra while Alexandra was in public, I am certain that Edward would have acted against the press and took serious steps to make sure that it never happened again.

No healthy person can live like the Windsors are so determined to do, with no growth in either direction and a determination to be as stoic as possible at all times, never reacting to the ways of life. HM reportedly prefers booze as her coping method of choice, not a stellar example of 'bucking up' as it should be.

I am moving a topic from another thread to here. Diana is constantly bashed for having "mental issues." She was vetted and approved by the royals and had no sign of "mental issues" before she married Charles. Charles would never have done this if Diana put up and shut up. To him "Mental Issues" were someone not putting up with the mistress. Diana put up with the marriage for ten years and was spot on about many things. Nobody is perfect. Diana could have gotten bad ulcers from her years with Charles. But it manifested itself with the bulimia.

Thing is, that Charles was surrounded by people who were appointing themselves as protectors of his happiness and interests, which was out of line for them. None of them had ANY right to call up the press and bash Diana and none of them had any right to decide whether or not the marriage stood a chance. All of them ganged up on someone who was Princess of Wales and if that meant anything to them, they never would have DARED to insult to the press someone who was going to be their future Queen Consort. Those titles meant nothing and also, neither did the fact that the marriage was one of state, not just between two individuals.

I also LOATHE at how divorce was blamed on Diana and held as a reason that Diana was unsuitable; Frances was allegedly getting beaten on a constant basis and Frances was right to make a break and get out of that horrible marriage. Frances could have ended up in a body bag instead of living alone and admittedly isolated.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: