Royal Gossip
January 23, 2019, 12:05:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 107177 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #700 on: August 31, 2018, 12:19:46 am »

She had learned to ride again so I think she was doing more country pursuits. The boys rode at that time too.

I remember a photo of Will at a fox hunt in a car. When I found those photos I did not realize he did a lot of fox hunting himself.

George is too young he just turned 5.

The tradition was supposed to be when they got to be a tween (or teen?) they got 'blooded' and had their first kill.

Kay says it. I don't recall Diana being so keen on hunting that she'd go with Charles. They were leading separate lives then. William did not shoot until he was older.

Tradition or not, I think it is not a good thing.
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #701 on: August 31, 2018, 03:37:49 am »

And interestingly Fawcett of all people "comforted" Tiggy and the news got blasted all over the media.

If Tiggy did not "understand" why Diana would be upset with her (the silly woman trashed Diana's parenting to the media--and she thought Diana would like that?!) she must be more vapid and clueless than I think she is. Charles apparently condoned her blasting of Diana's parenting since Tiggy never had to apologize.

Yes and Camilla's dislike of Tiggy speaks volumes. IMO. She called her the "hired help."

Kinda makes you wonder if Diana actually said anything to Tiggy. Could have been just Tiggy and Fawcett trashing Diana.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #702 on: August 31, 2018, 02:29:53 pm »

Charles and Tiggy behaved inappropriately. he would grab at her they would kiss. In today's Me Too movement I think it would be noticed and criticized. tiggy admitted she had a crush on Charles. And Camilla's not liking Tiggy speaks volumes.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #703 on: August 31, 2018, 04:58:46 pm »

as tiggy was a willing participant i dont know what #metoo movement would have to tell!

And interestingly Fawcett of all people "comforted" Tiggy and the news got blasted all over the media.

If Tiggy did not "understand" why Diana would be upset with her (the silly woman trashed Diana's parenting to the media--and she thought Diana would like that?!) she must be more vapid and clueless than I think she is. Charles apparently condoned her blasting of Diana's parenting since Tiggy never had to apologize.

Yes and Camilla's dislike of Tiggy speaks volumes. IMO. She called her the "hired help."

Kinda makes you wonder if Diana actually said anything to Tiggy. Could have been just Tiggy and Fawcett trashing Diana.
i understand everyone else saw the scene between them and tiggy reaction
sandy
Princess

« Reply #704 on: August 31, 2018, 06:17:23 pm »

I don't see how. Diana allegedly walked up to Tiggy and quietly said it. Supposedly it was a crowded room
CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #705 on: September 01, 2018, 05:07:16 am »

But Diana could have said anything and Tiggy just over acted to get Chucky's attention. It's just weird to me; Tig's reaction that is.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #706 on: September 01, 2018, 05:15:35 am »

You know, I realize now that Diana was surrounded by upstarts; Camilla who acted as hostess at Highgrove, Tiggy who ran her mouth to the press about Diana's parenting, and then her staff who to this day spout off about the childhoods of William and Harry and who just LOVE to speak to the press about the prince's actions. The only person who was drilled into knowing her place was Diana and that must have been infuriating to Diana. It was easy for Camilla to be warm and loving when Diana was the one with all the pressures and responsibilities to handle duties and running households and basically having children who were heirs.

No wonder Diana struggled with issues all the time.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #707 on: September 02, 2018, 10:36:12 pm »

Fawcett was another who got "above himself" and was rewarded by Charles.

BTW Whatever happened to the statue of Diana the boys were commissioning?
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #708 on: September 03, 2018, 03:34:41 pm »

^ I wonder about that too, I was expecting it to be done for the 20th anniversary, but since the announcement... nothing.
AnaBolena
Duchess

We Read To Know We Are Not Alone - C.S Lewis

« Reply #709 on: September 03, 2018, 04:26:09 pm »

Going by this is states the memorial statue won’t be completed until 2019.

https://www.keloland.com/news/sculptor-chosen-for-diana-statue/1372357885

“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #710 on: September 03, 2018, 05:46:51 pm »

^ Ah good, thank you!
Would've been nicer if it were ready to be unveiled for a big anniversary (x0 or x5), but hey, better than nothing!
D.I.R.
Baroness

« Reply #711 on: September 04, 2018, 04:53:18 am »

Princess Diana Gave Prince William a Boob Cake for His 13th Birthday
https://www.instyle.com/news/princess-diana-prince-william-boob-cake-birthday
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #712 on: September 08, 2018, 03:47:37 am »

I wonder how different her life would have been if there hadn't been so much pressure for her to be 'more' than she was simply capable of being by the people around her. It was like the minute she returned from her honeymoon, everyone around her wanted her to be more intellectual, more serious looking, more focused on 'serious' causes and I think that is what added to her problems.

A lot of people didn't want to remember that Diana came from a way of life that was drastically different. She was raised initially in life to know her place, respect hierarchy, and just go about her business and as a result, she started out in life admittedly limited in a career, but right after the wedding, she was pressured to start reading WAY above her emotional and intellectual capacity and I do think that she was in fact under unfair criticism that she wasn't being smart or high toned enough. A lot of columnists were writing about how there was 'more' to being a princess than looking good in fashion or wearing large jewels, as if dressing well and enjoying looking nice was some kind of crime.

Diana never owed a tabloid columnist an apology for presenting herself well, since she was representing her nation and when she wasn't doing that, representing her charities. Look at how the newer generation presents themselves, it is a disgrace and a real shame that they don't put in any effort. It's no wonder she had bulimia, with everyone jumping on her back and breathing down her teenage neck to be more and give more, as if she didn't do enough her first year of engagements, plus all that press harassment. Sarah Bradford wrote that the press had a delusion that they somehow made that royal marriage and that they could rip it apart, that they had the RIGHT to rip it all apart if their 'creation' didn't do what they wanted the couple to do.

Diana was a royal princess, THE Princess of Wales and future Queen Consort, that is something that should have been respected. Regrettably the press thought they had a right to tear into Charles, or tear into Diana and make it their mission to influence how either Diana or Charles should behave. This wasn't the public expecting a professional princess (something that Diana always was), but the press making themselves into some kind of caste that had the right to be part of the decision making process. As if a tabloid columnist had some right to sit in Parliament and pass a bill telling the royal couple whether or not they were doing good enough.

We see it all the time now. Former employees of the princess writing op-eds about how the princes should behave, how the press believes that they are some kind of special interest group that has interests that either the government or royal family is required to meet in order to be allowed to be where they are. Diana was a victim of the media, but she did play the game, it got her killed. I do believe though that Diana was NEVER shown the respect that was due her position and for her position, being a leader of fashion and bearing heirs of unquestioned legitimacy was in fact her main priority as consort and she fulfilled both obligations to the point of setting a new standard with it all.

She did more than that and I wonder if the idiot courtiers and press paid attention to the fact that despite her image as a pop princess, she was fulfilling the conventional responsibilities of a royal princess to the letter (running/managing large households) and always respecting precedence and never showing too much by way of flesh like too many modern consorts do. With Diana, she knew how to dress and in conservative countries, she never pushed the envelope. For the life of me, I will never understand why or how the press changed into people who didn't just report the story, but actively tried to be someone who is known to have been part of the decision making process of the main players.

^ Ah good, thank you!
Would've been nicer if it were ready to be unveiled for a big anniversary (x0 or x5), but hey, better than nothing!

Going by this is states the memorial statue won’t be completed until 2019.
https://www.keloland.com/news/sculptor-chosen-for-diana-statue/1372357885

Maybe William and Harry will move on after the statue is unveiled.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #713 on: September 08, 2018, 01:53:27 pm »

I don't think they will entirely move on. If Dad is still promoting bashing of their deceased mother they may have no choice but to keep on remembering her publicly. This was obvious in 2017 when Dad and Camilla were pushing a St. Camilla/Bad Diana book by Junor. ANd at the same time WIll and Harry were talking about their mother in documentaries.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #714 on: September 08, 2018, 04:57:10 pm »

But Diana could have said anything and Tiggy just over acted to get Chucky's attention. It's just weird to me; Tig's reaction that is.
in all likelihood it happened
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #715 on: September 09, 2018, 05:30:30 am »

I don't think they will entirely move on. If Dad is still promoting bashing of their deceased mother they may have no choice but to keep on remembering her publicly. This was obvious in 2017 when Dad and Camilla were pushing a St. Camilla/Bad Diana book by Junor. ANd at the same time WIll and Harry were talking about their mother in documentaries.

Plus both princes just LOVE to use what happened to their mother as a reason to shirk all responsibilities towards their nation and Sovereign; they really didn't stop and think that maybe they should stop using their mother as a reason to spend 24/7 persecuting the media that could turn on them at any point.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #716 on: September 09, 2018, 03:32:24 pm »

THey can't rely solely on using their mother's name IMO by this time they have an encyclopedia of excuses for being lazy and groaning about the media. They also know how to use the media when they feel they have to (like WIll's air ambulance work which was more or less just photo ops and excuse for not doing full time work).
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #717 on: September 11, 2018, 01:02:44 am »

The posh art dealer who became Diana’s lover and ‘obsession’ has died: Princess ‘daydreamed of living in Italy with’ Oliver Hoare, 73, who was a close friend of Prince Charles

One of Princess Diana’s ex-lovers, Oliver Hoare, has died of cancer in France at the age 73.

The handsome, married Old Etonian art dealer, who was 16 years Diana’s senior, was also a close friend of Prince Charles — which added an extra frisson to their affair.

Of all Diana’s lovers (they included James Hewitt, James Gilbey, Will Carling and Dodi Fayed), Hoare was arguably the most debonair.

Their relationship flowered in the early Nineties, although he never publicly admitted to it.

Diana smuggled him into Kensington Palace in the boot of her car and security staff once found him half-naked and hiding behind a bay tree as he tried to sneak out after a fire alarm went off in the middle of the night.

Diana became increasingly infatuated with him, and told her confidante, Lady Bowker, a diplomat’s widow, that she ‘daydreamed of living in Italy with the handsome Hoare’.

However, Hoare, a father-of-three, was not inclined to leave his wife, French oil heiress Diane de Waldner. After he tried to cool the relationship in 1994, Diana bombarded his Chelsea home with nuisance telephone calls.

[...]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6153061/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Dianas-debonair-lover-Oliver-Hoare-dies-aged-73.html
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #718 on: September 11, 2018, 01:16:12 am »

Well, i add to DM comments 'VERY HANDSOME' man, sad news. 73 is young yet, man! RIP handsome gentleman bye
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #719 on: September 11, 2018, 03:12:16 am »

He was really dreamy.  Wowzers.  RIP.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: