Royal Gossip
January 20, 2019, 03:29:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 107081 times)
sandy
Princess

« Reply #680 on: August 28, 2018, 01:21:13 am »

I agree re: Edward and ALexandra. His mistresses would never have dared name call Alexandra and ALice Keppel or another mistress would not ever have played hostess in the absence of the royal wife in any of the royal residences. Camilla and CHarles had no shame and SHE played hostess in Diana's absence and invited his toadying friends. Charles whined to his friends about being "overshadowed" and they were so sycophantic they would leak nasty stories about Diana. It is gross that the greedy married MIstress Camilla saw Diana off and ended up getting most of what the first wife had.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #681 on: August 28, 2018, 01:27:56 am »

You're right.

None of them dared play at being hostess and no one ever dared insult Alexandra to her face or behind her back.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #682 on: August 28, 2018, 10:39:32 am »

^^ & ^ Exactly, I think this answers the question why Diana had such an issue with Camilla but not his other mistresses. Because the others did not step on her toes, did not give Diana advice and did not play "wife" next to her. Diana also likely wasn't entirely aware of the other misstresses because they were much more discreet and possibly found out later, at which point it didn't matter much anyway because Chuck wasn't faithful anyway and the other women didn't give her a headache. They did not send him gifts and spent 24/7 on the phone with him (on the honeymoon!). Diana wanted to try again and repair their marriage around 1987 but Chuck was rather with Camz.

On Diana being the 1st to say "no" to Chuck: Exactly, and at first that was what drew him to her, that she did not seem overly impressed in as far as speaking her actual mind and not just saying "amen" to anything he said. But as is usual in relationships, what draws us to people or we find charming at the beginning, we find infuriating later on. Chuck in particular does not like the word "no".

Indeed, the Winds would have sussed out any mental illness before marriage. They had her virginity checked for crying out loud, as if they'd let a bag of genes in with mental health issues. In fact, Diana did see a professional, the same that Chuck was seeing (he was actually giving many speeches on "mental health" in the early 80s and went to see someone and had Diana go as well, not because there were issues, but because he believed in "all round health") and none of the professionals she actually saw had her diagnosed with anything, not even Chuck's busybody he saw and we can all safely assume that had she been actually diagnosed then, we'd know, Chuck and his camp wouldn't keep that nugget to themselves. She stopped seeing the psychologist anyway, Chuck continued.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #683 on: August 28, 2018, 01:03:05 pm »

I've never believed that Diana wanted repair her marriage in late 1980s. really Never! Yes, i believe in 'THE QUEEN SAYS NO TO DI DIVORCE' headlines in late 1980s. as her phonecall to gilbey proves + stuff she said to morton... more words of Janet Jenkins that diana refused to talk to charles. as gilbey as that male friend (i forgot his name now) that helped diana with the morton book said charles himself refused talk about divorce.

as for alexandra it's well known she was utterly unhappy with her husband and she loathed the great-granny of camilla. keppel was deeply inconvenient, as far as alexandra was concerned (i remember reading in a few books) keppel was a loathsome creature who had no respect for her (the queen). and when edward was dying keppel was even more inconvenient and discretion wasnt a word applied to her, especially as far alex was concerned... so i read
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:05:41 pm by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #684 on: August 28, 2018, 01:50:50 pm »

The difference is, that Alexandra wasn't maliciously labeled as crazy by the palace and prince's set or abused by the press, while Diana was at every angle.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #685 on: August 28, 2018, 02:02:37 pm »

Edward also put limits on Alice and her trashing the wife and encroaching on her territory would not be allowed.

I think Janet would have gotten an earful about Charles from Diana.

Diana could not just leave the marriage until she had legal papers that would protect her re: having joint custody of Will and Harry.

Diana's friends did say she approached Charles about a third child in 1989 and Charles refused.

Charles was taunting Diana for years and I don't blame her for saying her life was torture. As early as 1983 he talked about needing two wives at a banquet in Canada while Diana cringed. He hired "surrogate" mother Tiggy to show Diana he and the boys did not need her and allowed Tiggy to mouth off about Diana's mothering (implying SHE was better at mothering than Diana). He was seen bawling her out when she fainted and aiming a blow at her as she got into the car (he stopped when he saw the cameras).

Diana did not rely on Charles' doctors. She saw Lipsedge about keeping the bulimia under control and went to alternative medicine practitioners for a health and exercise regimen.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #686 on: August 28, 2018, 02:21:35 pm »

I can't get over on how Tiggy was allowed to mouth off about Diana to the press and public without repercussions; staff in the UK have a habit of getting above themselves. Christ, the BRF is such a mess with so many self appointed defenders, no order in that household at all.

dianab
Duchess

« Reply #687 on: August 28, 2018, 03:56:04 pm »

Diana's friends did say she approached Charles about a third child in 1989 and Charles refused.

her words seen/heard and printed (morton transcripts here) says otherwise. in her true story book said her sisters and mother were in late 1980s telling her try for a new child instead of going to divorce route. ken warphe himself said in his book frances was very around in late 1980s telling diana to stay married. there's even a james gilbey quote about that. this version of facts looks better on diana than another one. and as well makes sense with all stuff is seen she talking about not long after that.

The difference is, that Alexandra wasn't maliciously labeled as crazy by the palace and prince's set or abused by the press, while Diana was at every angle.
true. but keppel was a important misstress. i remember reading edward used talk important stuff with her. but it's true charles has been over the top with his hatred of diana
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:00:49 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #688 on: August 28, 2018, 04:13:36 pm »

I read this in all biographies of Diana re: wanting the third child.

Keppel became a mistress to Edward in his later years. He had many others and Lily Langtry was another famous mistress.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #689 on: August 28, 2018, 06:42:24 pm »

True, but back then, Edward understood that his wife had a right to have as many children as it would please her. Neither mistress had a say and Edward wouldn't ask his mistress for permission to have more children.

As for more children with Diana; if Charles had kept Diana in a state of perpetual pregnancy, it's likely that Diana would have remained in the BRF and would have been a happy distracted mother and fulfilled working consort. She might have handled Camilla's presence better and I am sure things would be less of a mess. I don't think Diana would have had a prefectly happy life, but no one does and certainly she would have thrived as a mother of a houseful of children. Maybe over time Charles would have been more interested in his family life and less interested in Camilla.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #690 on: August 28, 2018, 07:12:38 pm »

^ I agree that more children may have fulfilled her more (so to speak). In interviews she said they wanted loads and I think it is a fact that she did want a 3rd at some point, but Camz shut that down behind the scenes telling Chuck "no".

Seems like Camz and her great-granny Keppel are the same type of insufferable mistress. Camz for sure took it to new heights.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #691 on: August 28, 2018, 07:22:10 pm »

You know, English royals are as bad as the French monarchs used to be; of course, mistresses in France (as far as I know) never ended up becoming wives, but for Edward and Charles to let their mistresses be this influential is inexcusable. Showering them with income, status, and being so open about them is horrible.

CathyJane
Princess

« Reply #692 on: August 29, 2018, 03:26:00 am »

I can't get over on how Tiggy was allowed to mouth off about Diana to the press and public without repercussions; staff in the UK have a habit of getting above themselves. Christ, the BRF is such a mess with so many self appointed defenders, no order in that household at all.

I still can't get over Tiggy's reaction to Diana's remark about the baby; if she wasn't pregnant, WHY the dramatic over reaction?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #693 on: August 29, 2018, 03:35:44 am »

Perhaps Tiggy didn't realise how much Diana disliked her because of her closeness to her sons? I loved Diana, still do, but asserting that sort of thing in front of others is rather nasty, IMO and is certainly slander. It's not something that Tiggy should have had to put up with IMO.
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #694 on: August 29, 2018, 01:17:17 pm »

I still can't get over Tiggy's reaction to Diana's remark about the baby; if she wasn't pregnant, WHY the dramatic over reaction?
why she just not laught at diana's face off is beyond me... if she was innocent... camillla dislike her what says all imo
sandy
Princess

« Reply #695 on: August 29, 2018, 01:46:39 pm »

And interestingly Fawcett of all people "comforted" Tiggy and the news got blasted all over the media.

If Tiggy did not "understand" why Diana would be upset with her (the silly woman trashed Diana's parenting to the media--and she thought Diana would like that?!) she must be more vapid and clueless than I think she is. Charles apparently condoned her blasting of Diana's parenting since Tiggy never had to apologize.

Yes and Camilla's dislike of Tiggy speaks volumes. IMO. She called her the "hired help."
sandy
Princess

« Reply #696 on: August 30, 2018, 06:34:12 pm »

I am continuing a thread about George hunting from the Sussex thread. In reply to dianab:

These photos of Diana hunting were uncovered I think from 1982 when Will as still a baby.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/royals/british-royal-family/new-pictures-of-princess-diana-hunting-38364

Will foxhunting:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280&bih=918&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=aSuIW-zRHLC9gge6qrTgDQ&q=prince+william+foxhunting&oq=prince+william+foxhunting&gs_l=img.3...37427.39265.0.39480.11.11.0.0.0.0.73.462.10.10.0....0...1c.1.64.img..1.3.143...0j0i67k1j0i24k1.0.rGGTYl9iOx8#imgrc=FJgjtaNWzHZZDM:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:39:17 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #697 on: August 30, 2018, 07:34:52 pm »

they (w+h) were attending to hunting parties since late 1980s
sandy
Princess

« Reply #698 on: August 30, 2018, 07:39:08 pm »

I found an image of young Harry hunting with his father but he was about 10 or 11 years of age.

Peter would go on hunting trips. It looks like Peter in the black and white photos you sent.

Will apparently went on a lot of fox hunts as a teenager.

I t hink the Diana photo I sent is from ca. 1982. She had no morning sickness then so she was able to go stalking.

I still think 5 is too young for a child to start stalking or even watching hunts. Pony rides may be more fun for t hem.

Diana did not like hunting but apparently she did make some appearances stalking. Those photos I sent were just found last year.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:42:17 pm by sandy » Logged
dianab
Duchess

« Reply #699 on: August 30, 2018, 10:07:49 pm »

reposting from other thread i posted wrongly.

it's 1987 or 1989 (when she was seeing hewitt)... it's clear she had a fuller figure... majesty and royaly mags (when this hunting party happened) had more photos of this day in their articles about her. i remember seeing the scans years ago. and william was there, there are pics of them in a car or carriage in this hunting.

i think it is no mystery william and harry attended to huntings since they were little boys. and george is following the tradition
https://previews.rexfeatures.com/preview/140848a.jpg?co=rex&wm=1&br=1&sb=rex&sr=79009&pi=79009&authorization=date-20180830T201825Z.expires-20180830T203325Z.company-rex.version-01.signature-83f0c09c1c9e8489d0573a1281e15e076dcda1423e0a5f5ece6296b0597c8f76

it's a royal tradition. george is starting nothing new here

William was just four when Charles and Princess Diana took him to his first shoot on the muddy fields of the Queen’s Sandringham estate in Norfolk.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6111859/RICHARD-KAY-poses-tantalising-question-animal-loving-Meghan-banned-Harry-blood-sports.html
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: