Royal Gossip
September 24, 2017, 04:15:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 87564 times)
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« on: November 10, 2010, 12:01:39 am »

Came across this from a member @ another forum, thought it sounded intesting but no one seems to be discussing it there thought I'd try here...  would it be interesting to do, would you go?

Fans of Lady Di will love this Mediterranean cruise. Join bestselling author Eric Hamilton Wilson and his wife Flo on Holland America Line's beautiful ms Nieuw Amsterdam for a spectacular 12-day cruise from Venice to Barcelona, departing on June 3, 2011.
for more info: Booking Website

Loyal Harry-ite#8
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 12:40:08 am »

Maybe I would easter-think
But the price is a bit high for me at the moment  legs
Still gotta pay my taxes!  sigh  Angry
Is the book any good?

BTW Did you notice: the advertisements here are gone!  Spooky-bat
You rock, TCP!!!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Princess Alucard
Countess

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 03:41:14 pm »

Didn't know where to put this properly.

Feb 23rd strip
http://comics.com/pearls_before_swine/

Nov. 16, 2010.... Hell froze over *plays in the snow*

Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 08:12:41 am »

Di-hard Trivia: How Much Do You Know About Charles and Di's Wedding?
http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/weddings/charles-diana-wedding-quiz1.htm

was a cool quiz to take enjoy doing this if you decide to test your knowledge  thumbsup
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 12:20:27 am »

I did it !
31 right answers out of 50
That 62%
Not bad for someone who wasn't even so much as planned when that wedding happened! ('81 I'm from '85)

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 03:55:45 am »

India Hicks Shares Princess Diana Memories and Launches Crabtree & Evelyn Floral Fragrance Collection
http://www.stylelist.com/2011/03/14/india-hicks-princess-diana-crabtree-and-evelyn-floral-fragrance-collection/
Creative partner India Hicks, whose family history is rich in the tapestry of royalty, spoke of her most cherished fragrance moments. The daughter of Lady Pamela Mountbatten, she is second cousin to Charles, Prince of Wales, and served as bridesmaid to Diana, Princess of Wales, at her legendary nuptials.

In fact, it was time spent with Princess Diana that gave Hicks her first real fragrance memory.

"I first met Diana at the age of 13. Diana always wore tea rose. I had never thought about the feminine aspect of fragrance until I met her," said Hicks.

Tea rose was such a signature scent for the late princess, that she even wore it the day the whole world was watching.

"I distinctly remember Diana's tea rose scent on the day of her wedding. Charles had asked her to carry a yellow bantam rose in her bouquet in memory of my grandfather," said Hicks of Lord Mountbatten, the last Viceroy of India. "I now have that rose as a paperweight I keep on my desk," added Hicks.

Lips Sealed
June
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 06:34:52 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1367451/What-Diana-faked-death-living-false-identity-small-town-America.html

Well, Diana would be a good company - after all there is James Dean, Elvis and goodness knows who else ...  hall-whistle
mousiekins
Super Moderator

Harryite #2

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 03:26:15 pm »

Should I bother to read it because I saw the headline and  X-Mas_rolleyes  hall-Spell-check

is it worth it?

Lanvin Pearls
Countess

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 09:59:56 pm »

June  -  I was just going to post this !

BTW did anyone (like her brother ) , besides Charles, actually SEE her in her casket ?
June
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 02:10:03 am »

lips @ LP: yes, I was wondering why it hadn't been posted - I'm usually a bit slow.  sigh

Mousie: no, I wouldn't bother - it's a fictional account, which got me in at first. Lots of authors write fiction about a theory, so as to avoid legal and other problems, I guess. And, also, so they don't come across as crazy, I suppose!  tehe
Wombat
Baroness

Harry's got a big gun..

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 05:05:17 am »

Living in small town America and Diana just don't sound like they meld. Diana faking her own death and living on a paradise island somewhere in the Carribean sounds fesible laugh

Kate Middleton "a diabolical creature. A plastic bag blowing through the streets has more personality"
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 01:41:34 pm »

The Untold Story of Princess Diana is lacking taste
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/book/article-23935279-the-untold-story-is-lacking-taste.do
It is easy to see why the death of Diana, Princess of Wales is material for a mystery thriller. The internet sags under the weight of conspiracies and the memory of her has not faded.

As the wedding of Diana's son and heir approaches, it is tempting to imagine what she would be like if she were still alive.

The greater mystery is why Monica Ali would seize on these sentimental regrets to devise a plot in which Princess Diana fakes a drowning accident in order start a new life, as Lydia, in small-town America.

In a recent interview, the author spoke defensively about her choice of an "unserious" subject. Diana is worthy of her because Ali is drawn to drama and conflict.

The author also said that she wished to explore the Reggie Perrin impulse to escape and begin again. This fantasy is her tribute to Princess Diana.

I detect an anxiety within her argument and it is a well-founded one. The fatal flaw in this novel is one of taste, which is somehow made worse because Ali is a distinguished novelist rather than a workaday hack. Diana did not disappear in an unsolved death. She died visibly and horribly in a car accident. To suggest any alternative scenario smacks not of authorial imagination but of Mohamed Al Fayed.

Duchess Georgiana
courtier

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 11:48:55 pm »

Preposterous! Princess Diana loved her boys too much to do such a thing!
golden_heart
royal watcher

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 07:12:19 pm »

She is not alive ! Do you think she will leave her children with the Royal Family and won't appeared all those years?
Well,how I see,Elvis Presley is alive too by this logic  laugh laugh laugh but in heaven maybe....not here.I want Diana alive,but unfortunatelly this fairytale had unhappy ending !  huh
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 01:47:10 pm »

The return of the butler: How Paul Burrell is alone and back in England running a florist's and is STILL obsessed with Diana

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2007975/The-return-butler-How-Paul-Burrell-England-running-florists-STILL-obsessed-Diana.html#ixzz1QI85odx6

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dahlia
Baroness

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 11:38:34 pm »

What a fool  eating cookies
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 11:51:12 pm »

We will never forget how Princess Diana made us feel

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/will+never+forget+Princess+Diana+made+feel/5011439/story.html#ixzz1QWH7qlZO

sob

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Yooper
Princess

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 02:33:18 am »

I'm sorry I can't read the article from here, but I can say that PD made me feel hopeful and somehow made me the better person I am now than I might have been.  I never, maybe, have dug in so firmly on charitable giving as a profession.  When I heard that she rouched AIDS patients, it changed my perception.  It was easy to judge then.  Her influence also made me more of a proactive mother. My children say, to this day, that bringing their discarded toys to other children at Christmas changed them forever.  Say what you will, she was a Champion. I, personally, can't thank her enough.  I brought my kids up well but somehow she shot it up a notch to 'get involved'.  She was a gift, to me.

\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ella
Countess

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:13 pm »

Embarrassed I read it. I was curious!!

This book came out Tuesday in the US. I thought it was awful. Like so awful, I almost wanted to go to Barnes and Noble (book store) and whine. Then I realized the store people would know I bought and read it so I felt too ashamed and didn't.  thumbsdown
ariadne
royal watcher

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 04:03:14 pm »

Lets write down our dreams about Princess Diana  hug She is still our princess in our hearts and dreams  flower
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: