Royal Gossip
August 23, 2017, 08:16:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles & Camilla: News and Photos III  (Read 84246 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #600 on: December 19, 2016, 02:04:17 am »

^^^Let's please be cordial on the Forum, Sandy.  I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, Vesper, that the "throwing stones" was in reference to judging PC/Camilla, not you.  Thank you.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #601 on: December 19, 2016, 02:05:59 am »

Fine with me. I just get put off by the raising Camilla to sainthood. My own take on it. I also did have an objection to my being told I would never get over it (my opinion re; C and C).
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:08:35 am by sandy » Logged
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #602 on: December 19, 2016, 02:07:03 am »

Sandy - It's not that serious, okay.

Edit: yes, that's correct, Yooper. None of these people are saints, none of them. I'm advocating for forgiveness knowing full well Charles and Camilla behaved badly in the past. I didn't not mean to upset you.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:12:21 am by Vesper » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #603 on: December 19, 2016, 02:07:50 am »

OK. Fine with me.
KatherineTheGreat
gossip insider

« Reply #604 on: December 19, 2016, 02:09:29 am »

^^^^^You're entitle to your opinion Sandy, just like everyone. I truly feel sorry for Charles. I do not at all see greed. He is a man in a role that does not come easily to him. If he didn't feel ready to marry, who is to say that was wrong. He's probably not psychic and couldn't have predicted that Camilla would marry before he had a second chance. I think he is a good father to his sons and that says something, and bringing Camila into the Royal Family couldn't have been easy. Imagine how hard it is for Camilla to be in Diana's shadow. She can never live up. I really do not see people considering her a saint. Many people are aware of the past. In the end, though, people should probably follow their happiness and I think Charles and Camilla are happy together.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #605 on: December 19, 2016, 02:17:42 am »

The thing is Charles was advised by Lord Mountbatten to sow his wild oats. Lord Mountbatten wanted Charles to marry Amanda, his granddaughter. While Amanda (who was not of age yet) grew up, Charles could get experience with Camilla and other ladies he would never marry and then come into a marriage with the inexperienced Amanda who would have had no experience. Mountbatten passed on and Charles proposed to Amanda who turned him down. But CHarles also knew Camilla was besotted with Andrew Parker Bowles, she was already an item with him when Charles met her. Andrew and Camilla had sort of a competition and cheated on each other, he got involved with Princess Anne shortly before she got involved with Prince Charles.  Charles would have had to be totally oblivious if he did not think Camilla would not marry Andrew Parker Bowles. Charles gave no indication that he saw Camilla as wife material and did not even tell her to wait for him.  Camilla certainly had contempt for Diana and I doubt felt in her shadow. She was playing hostess at Highgrove while Diana was still married to Charles. Charles named Camilla publicly which forced a divorce of the PBs. I do see people seeing her as a saint, Charles pays $$$ to spin doctors to promote her. And started the Camilla campaign while Diana was still alive. I still see Charles as egocentric and wanting to have it all. Plus there are other women that he considered marrying and Janet Jenkins said that she was involved with him while he was married to Diana with Camilla as his mistress. Charles caused much destruction. I think Diana was a good mother to her sons. Charles I think has a sense of entitlement which was a huge reason he felt it was OK for other men to share their wives with him. Lady Tryon was another married mistress. Wallis was Edward VIII's soul mate and Edward moved heaven and earth to marry her. Charles wanted to have it all, the wife, heirs, and mistress. That is not the stuff of great romance. IMO
Vesper
Countess

« Reply #606 on: December 19, 2016, 03:41:19 am »

I really like the color of the dress on Camilla, her boobs are ginormous though, but she has a lovely smile.  tehe

http://camillasgirl.tumblr.com/post/154468555063/the-duchess-of-cornwall-patron-helen-douglas
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #607 on: December 19, 2016, 04:09:08 am »

^ LOL Vesper, they are! It's a nice color and very Christmas-y. I can't believe Christmas is one week from today!!! easter-bunny

sandy
Princess

« Reply #608 on: December 19, 2016, 11:58:47 am »

I don't see her as charming or lovely. She just is doing what she's supposed to be doing.
MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #609 on: December 19, 2016, 11:39:19 pm »

^ But, isn't that a good thing right? She's actually doing her job and goes in with a smile.  angel

sandy
Princess

« Reply #610 on: December 20, 2016, 12:27:22 am »

Yes, she does her work but this is required of her. Her numbers of appearances are comparatively not numerous. Why wouldn't she smile, she's like the cat that got the cream. Charles is also pushing her to be Queen and to be more popular.  She gets tons of bling and privileges which is what she had aimed for in the first place.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #611 on: December 20, 2016, 12:55:41 am »

I'll say this much.  As an experiment, I have given a small donation to all the major royal members' initiatives.  I have NEVER received a receipt or acknowledgement from any of Kate's nor William's nor Harry's.  The only individual who contacts me with updates that keep me involved/inspired and gives me a good feeling about my investment has been Camilla.  So, whether or not she's good/bad, she's got it right when it comes to what the BRF's main job is:  philanthropy and good will with donors.

The rest are subpar or not even close to being on target with how to hire proper staff for organized and positive/profitable stewardship.

And, for the record, I'm still waiting for a thank you acknowledgment for my wedding gift to Kate and William.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #612 on: December 20, 2016, 12:58:06 am »

They don't even send thank you notes?  thumbsdown
sandy
Princess

« Reply #613 on: December 20, 2016, 01:04:01 am »

Well no matter what, most likely the next monarchs are Charles and William. I have my hopes for George since I am not thrilled with the next two (and consorts).  Actually the younger royals are supposed to be assisted in getting help by the elder generations, traditionally.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #614 on: December 20, 2016, 01:12:25 am »

^^No.  And there's no excuse for it.  I have to get copies of my canceled checks for my tax returns.  Most badly mishandled stewardship I've ever witnessed, and as a professional fundraiser myself, I know how this should work, with that one exception. Camilla.  And it's constant!  Cheerful updates via email and in the mail, end-of-year clear to understand balance sheets, annual report, and they all mention the most important thing, "How thankful we are for your support".   So, I gave again this year. 

But, that's how you do it.  I even wrote to some of these other yahoos requesting a cold, easy-to-do emailed acknowledgment.  ZIPPO.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #615 on: December 20, 2016, 01:24:53 am »

I'm glad to hear that Camilla (and Charles?) seems to be on top of things.

Maybe William thinks that because he likely won't be king for at least a couple decades, he doesn't have to care? But NOW is important... nobody knows how much time they have left. What if he gets in an accident and never gets to be king? Is this the legacy he wants to leave behind? All the people who are kids now and could use the help now? When he is king, people won't want to donate to his causes because he doesn't know how to manage a charity.

I wonder if there is someone we could write to about this? Charles? The Queen? They obviously need some help/don't know what they're doing.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #616 on: December 20, 2016, 01:37:23 am »

^I already have.  Twice.  And I went to the top.  It's as if they don't care.  And it doesn't make sense.  I'll grant you that the support workers are probably more inclined to try and polish up Camilla's image perhaps but those same people then should also know that there's no resting on laurels in the fundraising game.  And they have, no doubt, seen that it works w/Camilla's patronages so I remain befuddled.

You can feel the arrogance thousands of miles away from that bunch.  I haven't given directly to any of PC's charities so can't speak to that but I should do that.  My guess would be that he'd be on top of that as well.  But, this isn't the thread for that.

What I can see, is that Camilla has actually taken time to craft the message; that's crystal clear.  She's been spending time sitting down with staff.  No one can convince me otherwise because included are pictures with comments by her and a cheerful "hello!".  It's Fundraising 101 but it's still effective. 

MoonlitSerenity
gossip insider

« Reply #617 on: December 20, 2016, 01:40:29 am »

^^^ Oh wow that's so cool Yooper and nice to know she actually acknowledges any type of response. And that's what I meant earlier, yeah, it is her job, which she does without complaint. Can't say the same about those other three. I just like that I can see she goes in and is constant. I really fear for the monarchy once Wills gets close because I don't think he will care so much, I mean he doesn't now, there's now way he will change.

I can't believe they also didn't reply to your wedding gift either.  bignono

sandy
Princess

« Reply #618 on: December 20, 2016, 02:06:50 am »

William keeps disappointing. He was at the point of seemingly doing royal duties full time when the Queen had KP renovated but nothing came of it. Charles should start giving William additional duties as should the Queen. THere is no choice unless something happens, Charles and WIlliam are the next two rulers. I don't bother sending gifts to them.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #619 on: December 20, 2016, 02:26:57 am »

^I absolutely agree.  The only reason I sent anything, and, trust me, it wasn't much, was a test to see how well-oiled their stewardship was and I was, unfortunately, very disappointed. 

Camilla's stuff, tho, guys, is super neat.  You get calendars, pamphlets with neat pictures, all kinds of stuff.  She, and her team, really goes at it and, most importantly, it works for the charities involved.

Where the others are not getting it, imho, is that it's not a display, it's not a chore, it's a privilege to serve.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: