Royal Gossip
November 23, 2017, 11:03:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles and Diana’s Royal chauffeur to sell personal gifts they gave him  (Read 1270 times)
spookyboo
courtier

Long live HRH King Henry IX

« on: November 12, 2010, 05:58:29 pm »

Charles and Diana’s Royal chauffeur to sell personal gifts they gave him
A Royal chauffeur who kept Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s marriage secrets is to sell some of the personal gifts they gave him.
David Garforth drove the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, Princess Anne and young Princes William and Harry during his time with the Royals between 1983 and 1990.

He saw a carefree Diana sit on the kitchen table at Highgrove licking a bowl of custard soon after the wedding.

But he soon had to turn a discreet ”deaf ear” to rows as the marriage broke down.

David, who was Charles and Diana’s chauffeur for seven years, said: ”It was a great honour to work for the Prince and Princess and all the staff had some wonderful times.

”When it was just Diana in the car she used to chat away and have a laugh all the time. I could say anything to her and even use the odd swear word when I was telling her a joke – and she never used to mind.”

Gifts including two handwritten letters from the Princess are expected to fetch more than £3,000 when they go under the hammer in a sale of Royal memorabilia by auctioneers Reeman Dansie in Colchester on November 23.

Read More:Here
Sad, he's selling these things... I would never part with something like that... but who knows maybe he needs the money... interesting though highligted is a thank you note from her...  Lips Sealed

Loyal Harry-ite#8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: