Royal Gossip
December 16, 2017, 10:38:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Poll
Question: If you are one who celebrates Christmas, do you prefer a real or faux Christmas tree?  (Voting closed: January 07, 2015, 12:51:15 am)
Real!  It's the only way to go. - 2 (33.3%)
Real, but it's a pain to clean up later - 1 (16.7%)
Faux. Looks beautiful, problem-free and better for the environment - 2 (33.3%)
Faux but I don't really like it - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Tree Poll  (Read 2098 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: November 23, 2014, 12:51:15 am »

X-Mas_fireplace

So, do you have a real pine or fir Christmas tree every year or this year or prefer the ease of a faux tree that you reuse every year?

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 01:06:21 am »

always had a real tree but now with kids gone and getting very middle aged - I bought a pre lighted faux tree - it is more convenient - and with no little kids somehow the annual trudge to the Tree Farm to cut the tree seemed less exciting.  I buy a small real tree for the smell and just on principle - but we do have a lovely 6 foot faux tree that requires no messing with the lights etc.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 01:22:29 am »

^Same here.  I had a real tree when the kids were little and we lived on a farm so we could pick out a tree that wasn't going to make it anyway and it was great but a big pain.  Then, when working and all of that faux tree was fabulous.  I'd just yank it out of the box and let the decorations make it special.

Last year I revisited having a real tree and it was nice because I hadn't been in the snow for a long time but what a mess afterward.  Even with a sheet and everything.  Still see an occasional needle.

In California, we use palm fronds and magnolia branches.  Quite lovely.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 05:30:06 pm »

Oooh no, a real tree wins every time for us - the smell is lovely.  We have wonderful tree  decorations, some I inherited from my parents as well as ones we've bought over the years.  Each to their own though and as long as you're happy with what you've got, that's what matters
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 06:30:13 pm »

^They are wonderful.  I must agree, however many memories of clean up afterward that I should just block out of my mind and remember the good stuff.  (And do please feel free to vote!)

Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 06:35:15 pm »

Just did   flower
HC
Countess

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 07:10:19 pm »

There is no market for fake trees here.

And I think if anyone here got a fakethree it would Be the talk of the town.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 09:59:50 pm »

^ LOL you live in the middle of Christmas trees

I've had both and prefer the fake unless you have access to a really good natural tree and you like cleaning a lot.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HC
Countess

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 10:12:52 pm »

Well that's true.
Forgot that not all do tehe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 10:15:43 pm »

^I'll bet it's beautiful!  We have tree farms and unless you own your own land loaded with pine/fir/balsam you're looking at about $5 - 10 a foot, so there's that to be considered each year. 

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 10:21:57 pm »

Yeah Denmark at Christmas must be really beautiful and really cold. Q. Margrethe should invite us all to one of her christmas galas and to stay at Amalienborg  eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KGap
courtier

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 03:05:05 am »

I prefer real trees, but I will be putting up a fake one this year, with my Christmas tree candle for the "real scent."
HC
Countess

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2014, 04:16:35 pm »

2 meter of christmas tree cost 300 kr. here.
Very cheap in my opinion, but according to market analysts the price is going through the roof this year.

It takes 8-10 years to grow that high. I would happily pay 1000 kr.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: