Royal Gossip
December 13, 2017, 01:01:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles & Camilla's Staff  (Read 4153 times)
Mia
Baroness

« on: January 25, 2011, 03:43:19 pm »

Express: Hunt is on to find a top aide for Prince Charles

PRINCE Charles will use a committee of headhunters to find a replacement for his closest aide, who yesterday announ­c­ed his intention to quit.

Principal private secretary Sir Michael Peat is stepping down after nine years to earn more money before he retires.

Eton and Oxford-educated Sir Michael, 61, was on a reported £300,000 package when he began working for the Prince in 2002, after previously working for the Queen for nine years.

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:21:42 pm »

I could run his household very well, but he may be put off that I'd suggest he dress himself and reappropriate some staff.  easter-lol

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 05:46:22 pm »

Now is Carole's chance! She could get the job and go from secretary to wifey!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 07:18:51 pm »

^^^ laugh Oh NO! I want the job, with no sexualized behaviors involved! I won't be wearing one of thoe skimpy Santa outfits to work! Strictly business and employee expansion. Charles needs to be creating jobs, jobs that don't entail catering to his needs, but to the public interest. And I'm an unbised outsider, whom has a revulsion for unnecessarily spending taxpayer dollars! Could someone make my interest known to the headhunters? I'd like to submit my resume!  Or as they say in the UK~ Curriculum Vitae!  Salary negotiable. flower
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:21:48 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 07:34:59 pm »

Charles needs to be creating jobs, jobs that don't entail catering to his needs, but to the public interest.

He's been creating jobs via his own interests/staff and I am more than sure that it's not his job as a prince to do that, it's the job of small business owners and in some respects, the government.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 07:42:59 pm »

^^^There is no job description for the Prince of Wales. And you're right, he has been creating jobs and such needs to continue, especially in these tough economic times. No one in particular is assigned the duty to create jobs, it is society's job as a whole to make that happen, hence the coalition government's push for "Big Society", a.k.a power to the people. Such is putting much of the responsibility on the not-for-profit agencies or the "Third Sector". ... I'm not just pulling these ideas out of thin air, I've been researching and studying their culture for the past year and I know what they're doing for reorganization. ...

If Charles isn't planning to be one of the leaders in the de-centralization of power & the transition to "Big Society" then Charles will be missing a huge opportunity to contribute some structure to the transition, which would bolster his image and popularity, without a doubt. I'm more than sure the notion of "Big Society" also includes the creation of jobs throughout the public and private sectors, making Charles household reorganization paramount! ...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:47:12 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 08:08:42 pm »

I think Charles has done more than enough and I think the politicians should be out there worrying about it since it's what they're paid to do.

Earth Angel
Countess

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 08:22:23 pm »

Of course, I think you're entitled to your opinion KF, but their culture does not work like ours and their current politicians are not actively in the business of creating jobs. Have you been paying attention to what is occurring in England? Osbourne is cutting jobs, not creating them and they are de-centralizing the not-for-profit, human services aspects of government with the expectation that the third sector will somehow fill the gap. They are emphasizing localized community approaches to the financial crisis. This is indeed the right time for Charles to spring into action and provide some much needed direction to the reorganization. And I'm sure there are many people within his world that would agree with me.

Case in point, The Princes Trust just recently hired a Senior Head of Public Affairs to ensure that The Princes Trust is up to date on public policy and innovative approaches to the current economic crisis. The Princes Trust is already heading in the direction I'm talking about and I'm sure his household eventually will also, with or without me. ...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:25:56 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »

This is why I love Charles, his Trust is already in the fray, working like mad to ensure that things go smoothly and he's stepping into the breach.

serene grace
Princess

Appointed Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 05:21:17 pm »

Who’s Who in the Court of Prince Charles?   royalguard

William Nye, Principal Private Secretary

The Prince of Wales’s right-hand man and the member of staff with whom he spends most time.

Mr Nye [who will inevitably become Sir William soon] has overall responsibility for the Prince’s household and also keeps an eye on the running of the Duchy of Cornwall, his private estate, and his residences at Highgrove and Birkhall.

Mr Nye, 47, studied economics at Cambridge and Yale before joining the Civil Service, advising David Cameron on national security before joining Clarence House in 2011.

Unlike his predecessor Sir Michael Peat, Mr Nye does not have the use of a grace-and-favour apartment in Kensington Palace

Mark Leishman, Private Secretary

Grandson of the BBC founder Lord Reith, the Scot, who joined Clarence House in 2009, manages the Prince’s private office, supervises engagements and has special responsibility for Scotland, Health and Education.

The 51-year-old began his career as a local newspaper reporter in Fife and eventually became a TV presenter and later the head of PR for BBC Scotland.

He is also in tune with the Prince’s love of organic food, as his wife Fiona used to run Gordon Ramsay’s Amaryllis restaurant in Glasgow

Michael Fawcett

The man who made himself indispensable as the Prince’s valet, before his temporary exile in 2003 after the exposure of his role in selling royal gifts received by the Prince earned him the nickname “Fawcett the Fence”.

The Prince, however, insisted he could not do without Mr Fawcett, who now runs his own catering company which is used for much of the Prince’s official and private entertaining.

He remains one of the Prince’s closest confidantes and was made project manager of Dumfries House, the Prince’s pet heritage project, to raise funds for its £45m restoration. He was also allowed to have his 50th birthday party at the Ayrshire mansion last year.

CONTINUE TO Full Article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-charles/10440459/Whos-Who-in-the-Court-of-Prince-Charles.html

[/URL]
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 08:40:39 pm »

Michael Fawcett, aka Chucky's 'friend'.  Cool
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 08:46:27 pm »

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror  ·
Prince Charles has appointed new Principal Private Secretary - Mr Clive Alderton LVO, currently Ambassador to Morocco. He starts August 2015

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter  ·
Prince Charles has appointed Britain's ambassador to Morocco, Clive Alderton, as his principal private secretary, replacing William Nye.
Mr Alderton, a popular figure who served as Charles's foreign adviser from 2006 to 2012, returns to Clarence House in August.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 08:26:05 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4123244/Fawcett-paid-248k-Charles-s-charity-Controversial-ex-valet-coining-Prince.html

Seriously? He really knows where the bodies are

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
india
Princess

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 12:37:40 pm »

^Literally^
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 06:59:57 am »

Michael seems to get Charles into trouble  ...  he recently was paid 60 thousand quid, from charity money that was raised by donations.  easter-lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142336/6million-given-Prince-Charles-s-charity-ONE-year.html

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 06:58:24 pm »

Charles and Camilla are STILL waiting for a new chef to cook them only organic food (but eager applicants have to hurry as the deadline is this week)

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall are looking for a sous chef
    Clarence House first advertised the role in May but has had no luck so far
    The chef will need to travel with the couple for up to two weeks at a time

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-4970026/Charles-Camilla-advertising-new-sous-chef.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: