Royal Gossip
April 20, 2019, 06:02:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana Memorabilia Thread  (Read 55078 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2014, 08:20:26 pm »

I think Nicole Kidman would have been a better Diana while Naomi would have done Grace Kelly a lot better. Grace was too short for Kidman and Kidman would have pulled off Diana's nose a lot better.

As for the film, it captured her behind the scenes practice for the Panorama interview and it captured the 'man on the street' reaction very well; same with the announcement of her death, it was poignant showing the numerous televisions and lights coming on as word of Diana's accident/death spread including Hasnat coming to the gates of the palace.

Showing "Diana" in bed with Hasnat was another unique angle, it didn't show her as a snow fresh pure innocent, but as a woman who had grown into her own sexual life. Showing the breakup scene between Hasnat and Diana was a good one, the line "Five billion people in the world can tell me they love me!" was a very good line.

It wasn't as bad as people think, if they would stop thinking of the person they think Diana was and realize that Diana at thirty wasn't nineteen and naive.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2014, 08:28:09 pm »

Actually she played Diana at ages 35 and 36. Diana also was separated then divorced. I think it realistic that she was searching for Mr Right and of course was not the Shy Di of 1981.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #342 on: January 19, 2014, 10:41:00 pm »

Donations to Princess Diana landmine charity used to pay for the private education of chief executive's children

Guy Willoughby's four children privately educated thanks to charity
    Mr Willoughby founded mine clearance charity - patron is Prince Harry
    He said it is in line with the fact he works 70 per cent of time abroad

One of Britain’s biggest charities has spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on school fees for its chief executive’s children.

The high-profile Halo Trust, which clears landmines from war zones, was facing severe criticism last night after revelations that its founder, Guy Willoughby, had his annual bill of more than £70,000 covered for his children to attend some of the country’s most expensive boarding schools.

The charity rose to prominence in 1997 when Diana, Princess of Wales, visited a minefield it was clearing in Angola shortly before her death. Prince Harry is still a patron.

Last year its income was more than £26million, including £4million from the Department for International Development.

According to the charity's latest accounts he receives a package of between £210,000 and £220,000 a year  - including the cost of sending his children to boarding schools.

Mr Willoughby's son is said to attend Oundle School in Northamptonshire - which charges £30, 705 a year for boarders -  and two of his daughters attend Queen Margaret’s School in York, which charges £27,825.

Queen Margaret's offers a discount for siblings, the Telegraph reports.

Mr Willoughby’s eldest child is now at university but her boarding school fees were once footed by the charity

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2542178/Donors-Princess-Diana-landmine-charity-paying-private-education-chief-executives-children.html
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #343 on: January 20, 2014, 02:15:46 am »

what a load of BS this is why I won't ever donate to charity's because it doesn't help the people it's suppose to or for the cause it's to line the pockets of the people who run it.

when I donated to a cause years ago about 2 weeks later they were sending me letters to donate more

thumbsdown thumbsdown
FortressODaveBarry
Duchess

« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2014, 05:10:01 am »

Princess Diana land mine charity's workers kidnapped by Taliban in Afghanistan

"More than 50 employees of a land mine-clearing charity in Afghanistan were kidnapped by armed Taliban fighters before being freed in a "police operation" on Tuesday, officials said."

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/21/22380928-princess-diana-land-mine-charitys-workers-kidnapped-by-taliban-in-afghanistan
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2014, 01:54:10 pm »

I saw the movie last week ... it might be because I expected the worse but I actually liked it  spy ... Naomi is a talented actress you could see the work she put into the role too bad this movie was waited with blazing canons since the day they started shooting ...
Snowdrop
Countess

« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2014, 07:28:13 pm »

I saw the movie last week ... it might be because I expected the worse but I actually liked it  spy ... Naomi is a talented actress you could see the work she put into the role too bad this movie was waited with blazing canons since the day they started shooting ...

I just wish they would let her RIP
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2014, 08:54:32 pm »

When the princes stop using her as a weapon, she might indeed be able to rest quietly.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2014, 08:56:01 pm »

Couldn't this be considered embezzlement?

what a load of BS this is why I won't ever donate to charity's because it doesn't help the people it's suppose to or for the cause it's to line the pockets of the people who run it.

when I donated to a cause years ago about 2 weeks later they were sending me letters to donate more

thumbsdown thumbsdown

Disgusting; you're right about charities these days.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2014, 09:48:02 pm »

Diana is going to be ancestress of future monarchs. There is still a lot of interest in her.
Jane23
Princess

« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2014, 10:10:20 pm »

Di is one of the most famous faces of the 20th Century she is not going to be left alone any time soon just like they are not letting Grace RIP either ... it is what it is ...
sandy
Princess

« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2014, 02:40:39 pm »

Diana was a pioneer, she brought attention to the cause of getting a cure for AIDS and shook hands with AIDS patients dispelling the impression that AIDS was very contagious. She went to stay at the bedside of her friend who was dying of AIDS. She worked very hard for her charities and was admired by Mother Theresa and by Nelson Mandela.
Snokitty
Princess

« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2014, 03:58:27 pm »

Diana was a very charitable person and had a natural human connection.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »

Too bad William and Harry are not as industrious with them.
Nighthawk
Princess

« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2014, 09:21:14 pm »

Schoolgirl author, 14, wins award created in Princess Diana's memory for novel about coping with mother's breast cancer
 http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2647209/Schoolgirl-author-14-wins-award-created-Princess-Dianas-memory-novel-coping-mothers-breast-cancer.html#ixzz33bpoVSCk

Emma Sutherland scooped a Diana Award in active campaigner category
    Her debut book is called 'Eek! My Mummy Has Breast Cancer'
    Personal story about coming to terms with her mother Rosie's illness
    Internet failed to give her answers so decided to create her own book
    Awards established in 1999 to celebrate children who help community
Congrats to her.....amazing what children can accomplish, what a great story. 
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #355 on: November 08, 2014, 03:40:49 am »

Archive thread.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: